VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Miscellaneous Forum

Galaxy31's Profile Photo

New Method for downloading your pages.

by Galaxy31 Online Now Feb 16, 2017 at 1:22 PM

For people that haven't downloaded their tips, now is the time to do it as VT has changed and have added an easier way to download our tips.which is quicker.
Go to your travel page and click the edit button on the top which it gives you two options. One to download your entire page or the second one that brakes down to 20 tips a download. This way is very easy for people to download their pages if you haven't done it yet.

Quote & Reply
12 Replies
  • Nemorino's Profile Photo

Re: New Method for downloading your pages.

by Nemorino Online Now Feb 16, 2017 at 2:30 PM

Great! With this new method I was able to download my four largest pages, which kept timing out under the old system. My Paris page, which has 425 reviews and 1850 photos, is now saved in the form of 23 pdf files (in addition to the other ways I had saved it already). Many thanks to whoever programmed this!

• Galaxy31's Profile Photo

by Galaxy31 Online Now Feb 16, 2017 at 2:40 PM

Nemorino wrote:

Great! With this new method I was able to download my four largest pages, which kept timing out under the old system. My Paris page, which has 425 reviews and 1850 photos, is now saved in the form of 23 pdf files (in addition to the other ways I had saved it already). Many thanks to whoever programmed this!

That's nice to hear Don and yes thanks to the people that helped us all in different ways to save our pages one way or another. I have saved all mine byt then again i haven't got as many pages as a lot of you here and i have turned them all to word document which they take less space and look much neater. 

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

by angiebabe Online Now Feb 16, 2017 at 3:16 PM

Galaxy31 wrote:

That's nice to hear Don and yes thanks to the people that helped us all in different ways to save our pages one way or another. I have saved all mine byt then again i haven't got as many pages as a lot of you here and i have turned them all to word document which they take less space and look much neater. 

this is wonderful news so it was worth waiting for by the sounds of it! though you have to click on each travel page individually rather than the wget can run all night and day while away or asleep?..but misses a lot of each travel page

• kiwi's Profile Photo

by kiwi Online Now Feb 16, 2017 at 9:01 PM

I'm downloading a friends pages and this new method still won't let me download a large amount of travelogues :-(

• Trekki's Profile Photo

by Trekki Online Now Feb 17, 2017 at 12:34 AM

It was Joshua who did that (with Alex I suppose), see here:
    Downloading Tips And Travelogues to PDF - Technical Help Forum

• kiwi's Profile Photo

by kiwi Online Now Feb 17, 2017 at 2:08 AM

Ah yes but they have added some more options, which is what Galaxy31 is referring to. :-)

• Xemx's Profile Photo

by Xemx Online Now Feb 17, 2017 at 3:33 AM

Thank you! This has saved me a lot of work!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo

by DaHongHua Online Now Feb 17, 2017 at 7:31 PM

Thank you! Finally, my hometown pages and some other travel places with many tips were saved!

• glabah's Profile Photo

by glabah Online Now Yesterday

Seems to work well, for a non HTML format. Hope I can get it all done before the 27th.

• glabah's Profile Photo

by glabah Online Now Yesterday

Please note that this method produces strange results if you don't have an intro page for a location. If you create just a minimal intro page it works fine.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

by angiebabe Online Now Yesterday

glabah wrote:

Please note that this method produces strange results if you don't have an intro page for a location. If you create just a minimal intro page it works fine.

thanks for this tip and others that are popping up along the way from other helpful vters - when i do get in to do mine its looking like im going to be getting in at the 11th hour so all these to make things less time consuming and more reliable are greatly appreciated 

• kiwi's Profile Photo

by kiwi Online Now 5 hours ago

glabah wrote:

Thank you for this tip, I was able to download my friends page once an intro was added. Fantastic !!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines