VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Miscellaneous Forum

GrumpyL5's Profile Photo

Travel Insurance options

by GrumpyL5 Online Now Jan 22, 2017 at 12:43 PM

Any suggestions for travel insurance for someone with sort of high bood pressure (only just and not on meds) and on antidepression tabs. Most insurers seem to regard this as meaning a major risk requiring medical checks etc.
Thanks

Quote & Reply
6 Replies
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

Re: Travel Insurance options

by ranger49 Online Now Jan 22, 2017 at 2:51 PM

We live in UK and have joint annual, multi trip annual travel insurance through our Bank - Nationwide B.S.
    We both have a number of age related health problems including HBP and Atrial Fibrillation
    .Both born before 1938 and have regular prescribed medication..
    We do not know of a better Policy than the one we have.

• EllenH's Profile Photo

by EllenH Online Now Jan 22, 2017 at 7:55 PM

Yea, say nothing.

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo

by CliffClaven Online Now Jan 22, 2017 at 8:56 PM

staysure.co.uk
    For several years I have had annual multitrip cover for existing - and, of course, disclosed - medical conditions.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 23, 2017 at 12:38 AM

It's really not a good idea to 'say nothing' imo. Failing to mention pre-existing medical conditions when applying for cover will almost certainly invalidate any travel health policy claim which relates to those conditions (and sometimes the whole policy, depending). Insurance companies (in the UK, at least) can access your medical records if you make a claim. 

As you are based in the UK (I think?) have a look at Money Supermarket's comparison tool:

moneysupermarket.com/travel-...

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

by TheTravelSlut Online Now Jan 23, 2017 at 10:18 AM

Are you looking for an annual travel insurance policy or a per trip policy? Travelex Travel Insurance is my policy of choice and as long as it is booked withing 21 days of making your deposit on a trip, it covers pre-existing conditions. It is age based and amount of coverage based and a primary insurer independent of any airline, tour or cruise company.

• GrumpyL5's Profile Photo

by GrumpyL5 Online Now Jan 23, 2017 at 2:42 PM

Thanks for the suggestions I will investigate !

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines