VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Zilina

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Further contacts

Bratislava Feb 13, 2017 at 4:56 AM

Hi folks, still here?
      Just when I was going to search for Home Exchange chances (maybe Christmas) in Bratislava, VT goes down! I was seriously planning to visit Bratislava again one day - I was there once very, very long ago, it looked nice and friendly.
      Anybody is moving to TravBuddy or TravellerPoint?

more
    • Visiting Zilina for one day

by goben Online Now Aug 5, 2016 at 5:45 AM

I am the Honorary Consul General of Slovakia in Malta. My wife and I will be visiting Zilina for a day, and would like to the best of Zilina.
      What do you advise please?

1 Answer Aug 5, 2016 at 6:43 AM
    • Zilina to Cicimany bus

by margaretc40 Online Now Feb 12, 2015 at 9:45 PM

I have heard that there are daily buses to Cicimany and return.  Can anyone confirm this?

8 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 11:22 PM
    • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Tour Operators in Zilina

by GentleSpirit Online Now Aug 17, 2011 at 6:22 PM

I looked around the links supplied by the city tourist office website and very few of them came up in english. Im looking for a tour operator in zilina or nearby. wondering if there is such thing as a tour of several of the castles in the region. Ive seen a few from bratislava, wondering if this sort of tour is offered in this area, thanks

1 Answer Aug 18, 2011 at 5:13 AM
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

train station

by chriso1969 Online Now Oct 8, 2010 at 9:20 PM

im travelling to Zilina from Wroclaw and I was wondering what is the name of the train station in Zilina?

2 Answers Oct 10, 2010 at 2:37 AM
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

Things to do

by chriso1969 Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 7:18 AM

Im heading to Zilina in october to watch the football match Slovakia v's Ireland and im wondering is there many bars and nightclubs in the town,basically us Irish like a few beers and we want to enjoy ourselves while we are there.

1 Answer Sep 4, 2010 at 3:19 PM
    • recently moved to Zilina

by misitxu Online Now May 22, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Hi, Can anyone recommend some lively bars to go to.. we recently moved here and it seems that any of the bars we go to are really quiet and empty for a Friday and Saturday night...
      Thanks!

• Buses from Zilina to Terchova

by dodo002 Online Now Sep 20, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Hi!

I would like to ask about the best way to get to Terchova from Zilina by bus at early mornig.

We would travel in two groups: on 23 september and 25 september, and we would arrive at Zilina railway station both days something about 3:00 AM.

Could You tell me where can I find bus timetables, how to get to the bus stop, and where can I find warm place to wait till bus arrives?

Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 20, 2007 at 11:29 AM
    • children friendly lunch meals

by christening Online Now Jun 10, 2007 at 5:07 PM

Hello
      We are coming to Zilina in July. Could you let us know the best children friendly lunch/dinner places ?? How much ??
      Entry fees to
      Castle of Strecno ?
      Budatin Chateau ?
      Povazie Museum ?
      Thank you for your help
      Krzysiek

3 Answers Jun 11, 2007 at 12:28 AM