change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• A visit to Lviv

Lviv Oct 3, 2016 at 7:43 AM

Hello fellow VTers in Lviv

I am going to Ukraine in a few weeks time, I'm spending a few days in Lviv before flying to Kiev for a few more days, it's my first time to Ukraine and I'm getting excited...

I wanted to ask you for an indication of how much it would be to get a taxi from the airport to the centre of Lviv. I've seen that it's also possible to get a bus (48) or a tram (9) are the bus stops for those close to the airport terminal?

Finally, I also wanted to ask you to suggest to me five things I really must do when I visit the city.

A fortnight to go before I arrive :-)

• Link to the Zhytomyr's Hotel? Travel Agency?

Zhytomyrs'ka Oblast' Apr 24, 2008 at 11:47 AM

The one link I could find was through Has anyone heard of or used this service?

Does the Zhytomyr Hotel have it's own website?

I originally planned to stay in Kiev at the Hyatt, however, I will be spending the majority of my time in Zhytomyr. It makes more sense to stay in Zhytomyr instead of traveling back and forth all the time.

I have read here that they have remodeled the hotel. I will be booking a 2 room suite, but need a link to their website if they have one or a link to a reputable travel agency that I can book through. I want to be sure the room is available when I get there. The less surprises for me the better.

2 Answers Apr 25, 2008 at 12:31 PM
    • Traveling to Kiev Best Way to Get to Zhytomyrs'ka?

Zhytomyrs'ka Oblast' Mar 29, 2008 at 12:24 PM

I have never been out of the USA and am planning a trip to the Ukraine and will be arriving in Kiev (Kyjiv) Borispol Airport. I will take this trip in September around my birthday. I am planning on staying at the Hyatt Regency Kiev. I am going to also go to Zhytomyrs'ka (Zytomyr) city.

How do I get from the airport to the Hyatt Regency? Then, how do I get from the Hyatt Regency to Zhytomyrs'ka (Zytomyr) city? What is the safest method of travel?

I noticed travelocity gave the Hyatt Regency a 5 star rating. I would like to know what your opinions of the hotel are?

I also would like to take a day or two and just look at the earth's natural beauty. To go on a walk, hike, or something similar. Are there any tours or anything like that available? To me, seeing the earth's natural beauty is what I look forward to the most.

I will be learning to speak Russian over the summer (May-Aug) so I hopefully won't be so lost.

Is there any other advice you could also give a first time traveler?

Thank you so much!
      Connie W
      Known to my family and friends since I was young as half-pint. Even though I'm 37 years old, I am still called half-pint by them. A nickname that stuck.

19 Answers Jul 1, 2008 at 3:06 AM
    • dardy's Profile Photo

Tour Guide

Zhytomyrs'ka Oblast' Apr 22, 2005 at 7:01 PM

I am planning a trip to the Ukraine and will be arriving in Kiev
      Borispol Airport.I met someone from Zhytomyr City and would like to try and
      visit them. All I have is an old address and a map.Is it safe to travel alone from Kiev to Zhytomyr? I have the train schedules and can make online hotel
      reservations. How much of a language barrier will there be? I do not
      speak any Ukrainian. Do you recommend getting a tour guide or interpretor.
      I prefer not to join a large tour group. Any suggestions would be greatly

1 Answer Apr 23, 2005 at 7:56 AM