change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vira_111's Profile Photo

Trip to Ukraine

Ukraine Nov 29, 2016 at 6:25 AM

Hello, how can Ukranian people go home from Serbia, if no with plain. If they need to cross Bulgaria and Romania they need visa for both countries or just for one, Bulgaria for example and which kind of visa they need to make and where?

more
    • Link to the Zhytomyr's Hotel? Travel Agency?

Zhytomyrs'ka Oblast' Apr 24, 2008 at 11:47 AM

The one link I could find was through besthotelsukraine.com. Has anyone heard of or used this service?

Does the Zhytomyr Hotel have it's own website?

I originally planned to stay in Kiev at the Hyatt, however, I will be spending the majority of my time in Zhytomyr. It makes more sense to stay in Zhytomyr instead of traveling back and forth all the time.

I have read here that they have remodeled the hotel. I will be booking a 2 room suite, but need a link to their website if they have one or a link to a reputable travel agency that I can book through. I want to be sure the room is available when I get there. The less surprises for me the better.

2 Answers Apr 25, 2008 at 12:31 PM
    • Traveling to Kiev Best Way to Get to Zhytomyrs'ka?

Zhytomyrs'ka Oblast' Mar 29, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Hello,

I have never been out of the USA and am planning a trip to the Ukraine and will be arriving in Kiev (Kyjiv) Borispol Airport. I will take this trip in September around my birthday. I am planning on staying at the Hyatt Regency Kiev. I am going to also go to Zhytomyrs'ka (Zytomyr) city.

How do I get from the airport to the Hyatt Regency? Then, how do I get from the Hyatt Regency to Zhytomyrs'ka (Zytomyr) city? What is the safest method of travel?

I noticed travelocity gave the Hyatt Regency a 5 star rating. I would like to know what your opinions of the hotel are?

I also would like to take a day or two and just look at the earth's natural beauty. To go on a walk, hike, or something similar. Are there any tours or anything like that available? To me, seeing the earth's natural beauty is what I look forward to the most.

I will be learning to speak Russian over the summer (May-Aug) so I hopefully won't be so lost.

Is there any other advice you could also give a first time traveler?

Thank you so much!
      Connie W
      Known to my family and friends since I was young as half-pint. Even though I'm 37 years old, I am still called half-pint by them. A nickname that stuck.

19 Answers Jul 1, 2008 at 3:06 AM
    • dardy's Profile Photo

Tour Guide

Zhytomyrs'ka Oblast' Apr 22, 2005 at 7:01 PM

I am planning a trip to the Ukraine and will be arriving in Kiev
      Borispol Airport.I met someone from Zhytomyr City and would like to try and
      visit them. All I have is an old address and a map.Is it safe to travel alone from Kiev to Zhytomyr? I have the train schedules and can make online hotel
      reservations. How much of a language barrier will there be? I do not
      speak any Ukrainian. Do you recommend getting a tour guide or interpretor.
      I prefer not to join a large tour group. Any suggestions would be greatly
      appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 23, 2005 at 7:56 AM