change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rachel972's Profile Photo

From Schoenefeld without taxi alone all the way

Berlin 1 hours ago

I'll arrive at the Schoenefeld airport, in the middle of the day, and stay at the Novum Winters hotel Gendarmenmarkt. Is the best way to take the airport bus to the Alexanderplatz and from there a taxi to the hotel? I guess there are taxis around the end station of the bus ?

This time I'm without my husband to carry the suitcase (not big).

more
    • NH Collection Koln Mediapark

Cologne Aug 18, 2016 at 4:33 PM

is that a central location for visiting the markets?

more
    • pn1's Profile Photo

German style restaurant in general area of Ostbahnhof

Berlin Aug 13, 2016 at 4:12 PM

A group of six friends from different parts of the world will be meeting in Berlin next month.

We are staying in the general area of Ostbahnhof station. (My partner and I are staying at the InterCity).

What we are looking for is a German style restaurant where we can book a table for six people on a Saturday night. Doesn't have to be "fine dining" but a happy place for friends to meet over good food - and a few beers!

We can travel by public transport if necessary.

Suggestions would be most welcome.

more
    • What building is this?

Berlin Aug 5, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Can someone identify this building for me and it's location?  I took the picture in 1982 and I believe it is in Berlin.  Any help would be great!  thanks.

more
    • Visit to Audi factory

Ingolstadt Aug 2, 2016 at 7:38 AM

I'm planning to visit the Audi factory in Ingolstadt in August, but I don't know if it's possible and where I can book. Can anybody help me? Thank you

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Train; Ulm to Rüdesheim; Koblenz -Aachen; Aachen-Düsseldorf are rail pass /saver tickets worth it?

Germany Aug 11, 2016 at 2:48 PM

We are meeting some friends in Germany (who already have first class German rail passes) for their trip. And will be going with them by first class train from Ulm to Assmannshausen/Rüdesheim; (cruising by KD Line to Koblenz) then Koblenz to Aachen; then Aachen to Düsseldorf, and it seems that a rail pass isn’t worth it. Also we looked at booking saver tickets and selecting specific scheduled trains with loosing the flexibility of changing the times, any thoughts or comments? All are appreciated. Thanks, Chuck

more
    • PaulKilgour's Profile Photo

Stasi Museum guided tours

Berlin Aug 28, 2016 at 1:10 AM

I'll be in Berlin next Spring and am planning a visit to the Stasi Museum. I'm not one for guided tours - prefer to go round quietly on my own, but will a guide take me to area's that would be restricted to unguided visitors?

more
    • Planning to move to Düsseldorf

Düsseldorf Aug 18, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hi I'm a uk qualified electrician planning to move to Düsseldorf need some advice fancied a change don't know a lot of German but thought take it as it comes thought should be able to pick it up when I'm there but intially need an English speaking job and a cheap place to stay long term any advice

more
    • Visit to Audi factory

Ingolstadt Aug 2, 2016 at 7:37 AM

I'm planning to visit the Audi factory in Ingolstadt in August, but I don't know if it's possible and where I can book. Can anybody help me? Thank you

more
    • pn1's Profile Photo

Public toilets

Berlin Aug 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM

How common are public toilets in Berlin? I am a 60 something male and often find myself needing to use a toilet when out and about. Haven't been to Berlin since 1974 so would appreciate any tips. I understand places like U Bahn and S Bahn stations don't have toilets.

more
    • Rugen with or without a car and where to stay

Rügen Aug 4, 2016 at 11:21 AM

We are planning about a week to ten days on Rugen at the end of Aug/beginning of September, if possible, without a car. We like walking, sightseeing, wildlife and birdwatching as well as sampling the local food and drink, of course. Where would be the best place to stay and should we use two bases to get the most out of our trip?

more
    • Route to take from Zurich, Switzerland to Neuschwanstein castle in Fussen Germany.

Füssen Aug 10, 2016 at 6:14 PM

We will be coming from the U.S. to Zurich,Switzerland and want to see the Neuschwanstein Castle in Fussen, Germany. We don't know what is the best route to travel there from Zurich. Car, train or plane.

more
    • First Trip to Munich this December!!!

Munich Aug 10, 2016 at 8:18 AM

Hi all. You guys seem to have some great suggestions, so please help me out with a few ideas. We have 8 days there and we love adventures!!! Willing to drive up to 4-5 hours to get anywhere fun.
      1. Best car to rent in Munich for the winter? We plan on doing a few day trips and I am not familiar with the cars that you can rent.
      2. We plan on going to Neuschwanstein Castle. Any other must see places to go to around there?
      3. Favorite restaurants?
      4. Anyone every do a day trip down to Italy? I know its like a 4-5 drive down. Is it doable in the winter? The Hubby really wants to get pasta in Italy!!! Kind of thinking about Verona. We are willing to spend a night there if it is worth it.
      5. Christmas Markets! I love Christmas and want to go to the best markets.
      Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Anything and everything will be considered.
      Thank you.

more
    • Trikist's Profile Photo

Veste Coburg

Germany Aug 3, 2016 at 11:13 AM

We hope to visit Coburg and its Veste (castle and art collection) early next spring. I enjoy visiting castles but have a hard time with tours as my hearing comprehension is poor, especially in German. I have found no on-line mention of a tour being required to visit the Veste. Can someone verify for me that the castle is open to public without signing up for a tour? Thank you, Gary

more
    • How to get to the airport for 6am

Munich Aug 25, 2016 at 10:30 AM

Hello
      I need to get to the airport for my 7am flight and I would like to go from Station Laim. Are there any trains that go to the airport this early?
      Thanks

more
    • WOW Travel

Germany Aug 2, 2016 at 7:04 AM

Hi, I'm writing from Estonia and I'm not sure, that this is right place for my question, but I'll try anyway :) So I have question about WOW Travel agency (www.wowtravel.de) - we bought in May 2016 trip to Cypros from them (must take place on October 2016), but we can not contact this company anymore. Does anyone know anything about this firm? Are they still working? Are they trustfurthy? Or can anyone tell, where I can get answers for my questions? Thank you! best regards, Maikki

more
    • Help with Black Forest itinerary please !

Black Forest Aug 1, 2016 at 2:10 AM

Hi
      Me and my husband with our two children 15 and 13 years old are heading to Black Forest area on 25th of October. We will arrive at Frankfurt airport from Berlin (by train) to receive our rented car then to our pre-booked farm house in a village near Linden (some where in the east of the forest).
      We will stay 5 nights and this is our primary itinerary. I need your expert suggestions of any modifications. We don't plan to hiking or dining but only to getting around to picturesque places, beautiful nature, culture and history. We also able to go to a lot of places in one day and love walking and not get tired quickly.

25 October Frankfurt airport (13:30 pm) to the farmhouse in Tennenbronn Schramberg (3 hours drive) then walking in the area around the house in the forest.

26 October driving in the early morning to Triberger falls then to Titisee lake then to Todtnau falls and the roller coaster and may be the cable cars.

27 October driving in the early morning to Colmar (France) then to Strasburg.

28 October driving to Europpark (for my kids).

29 October, I am not decided yet to drive to Interlaken in Switzerland (3 hours drive) because I had been there before and my kids are not, they would love to see the high range mountains of the Alps. We can start the journey at 6 am arrive at 9 am then leave at 4 or 5 pm (sunset in this area is around 5pm)
      Or to go to Baden-Baden but if it is similar to Strasburg or Colmar they will be enough.

I heard also of the open air museum I don't know where is it and on which day can be done. I would like also to see the coco clock making and may be a castle or something.

I would appreciate all your comments and thanks in advance, I always relied on your suggestions in all my previous trips.

more

Museum Opening Times

Berlin Aug 10, 2016 at 8:16 AM

I'll have 2-3 free days in Berlin, beginning of September 2016. From Saturday till Monday evening. I'm looking for a list of museums including opening times including weekdays. It's OK in German, I read freely.

On my last visit ten years ago I wasted a lot of time getting to Museums that had opening times on the internet, but they were closed on the day I came, or closed for restorations.

more
    • cagey429's Profile Photo

Customs in Munich for transit fliers?

Munich Aug 6, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Travelling to Romania from the States via Munich (MUC) airport. Do I go through Customs in Munich or Romania? I have less than an hour between flights arriving and departing in terminal 2.

more

Berlin Welcome Card

Berlin Aug 18, 2016 at 1:39 AM

Do I get this card in Berlin, or do I have to order it from home before my trip?
      On my 2,5 free days in September I want to visit several museums etc., but I don't know yet which ones. Because I don't know what I'll see with my group, and how the weather will be for walking.

I won't take the card which includes the Schoenefeld airport, because I don't want to carry my suitcase to the bus, I prefer a taxi. Or is there the option of taking the airport trolley to the bus station? Then I could take the taxi only inside the city.

more
    • glabah's Profile Photo

Exchanging Money?

Berlin Aug 3, 2016 at 9:29 PM

Having read up on travel in Germany in general and Berlin in particular, there are several travel web sites that mention that credit and debit cards are not accepted as readily as they are in the USA and Canada.

One of the hotels I am considering is well placed and available at a good price, but it is cash only upon arrival or pay by money order, as mentioned on these travel web pages.

If I decide to go with this option, would I be best off getting Euros to pay for it at an ATM? Usually currency exchanges are a rip-off, but of course ATM fees can fall into that category as well, so I would like to know what the best options might be.

Thanks in advance,

more