VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

York Travel Answers

change location
katherineharrison's Profile Photo

what to do 27th december

by katherineharrison Online Now Dec 26, 2005 at 7:14 AM

hello i will be going to York tomorrow (very short notice i know but i only found out today) and was wondering if there are any large cafe's or similar that i could sit and do work in for a couple of hours tomorrow, most places wouldn't like you camping out there too long i imagine but the library will be closed and i really need to do some revision. Also will many of the shops be open tomorrow? I imagine i will need some retail therapy once ive done some work! thanks in advance guys xxx

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

RE: what to do 27th december

by zuriga Online Now Dec 26, 2005 at 8:51 AM

A lot of the big shops in the UK start there after-Christmas sales today and tomorrow. You should be in luck for retail therapy!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: what to do 27th december

by michaelayne Online Now Dec 26, 2005 at 1:18 PM

Shopping
    Go to the mcarthur glenn retail outlets. You will shop till you drop.It is just a couple of miles outskirt of York.

In the city centre, there are a lot of small speaciality shops. Very cosy and interesting architecture.

Sight-seeing
    There are alot to do in York city centre. Take a tour bus. Railway museum and the castle is worth a visit.

Children entertainment
    The Viking Centre is great for the kids.

Hope its enough for the day's trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines