Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Xining

• ritaz's Profile Photo

Visa to Xining?

by ritaz Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Hi, please help me with the visa preparation: if I do apply for Chinese visa (doing Beijing - Xining - Xian), do I need the separate Tibet visa to visit Xining? Not going to Lhasa, only Xining and then back to inland, to Xian.
      Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Nov 21, 2014 at 8:56 PM
    • Visit Herder Communities in Qinghai

by DiviG Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM

How to visit some herders in Qinghai ? Please advise any tour operators who can make this happen. Thank you !

1 Answer Nov 21, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    • what to do for a day layover in Xining?

by ariellejesse Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 1:32 PM

We plan to arrive by train at 8am and fly out at 6pm. Is there luggage storage at the railway station? Would it be better to get a day room at a hotel near the station ( suggestions ) and then explore the downtown area on foot. Are there opportunities to hire English speaking taxis for a short drive? Need some ideas!! Thanks

15 Answers Apr 6, 2010 at 5:14 PM
    • alwloch's Profile Photo

Is Xining worth visiting, while taking the train to Tibet?

by alwloch Online Now Sep 25, 2007 at 12:49 PM

I had thought of stopping off a Xian; and then Xining (buying tickets separately for these 2 legs of the trip up to Lhasa). But I hear that Xining may just be a smaller version of what is already up in Tibet... or is Xining worth a visit?

4 Answers Sep 26, 2007 at 7:48 PM
    • eagles_creek's Profile Photo

Train from Xining to Chengdu

by eagles_creek Online Now Apr 25, 2004 at 3:08 PM

Hi there, I hope somebody actually reads this... Any idea on the train fare from Xining to Chengdu? I think it takes about 17 hrs. Wrong? Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks! Best regards, Sebastian.