VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Xiamen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• aussiejen's Profile Photo

Travel agent or book myself for domestic flights and river cruise?

China Dec 25, 2016 at 8:43 PM

We will be in Shanghai in early June 2017 and would like to do a Yangtze River cruise from Yichang to Chongqin then fly to Xian for a couple of days then fly back to Shanghai again. Is it feasible to book this myself or does this need to be done through a travel agent and be on a private tour?
      I figure we don't need a tour guide while on the cruise, but is it easy enough to get from end of cruise in Chongqin to airport with maybe a quick look around or trip to the zoo if I just organise a guide/driver myself?

more
    • npg's Profile Photo

Thank you and goodbye

Shanghai Jan 8, 2017 at 3:34 AM

Sad day being told that VT will be coming to a close! I hope I have been able to help travellers to Shanghai and other destinations. Happy and safe travels to you all and to all the VT staff.

more
    • happpymike's Profile Photo

Xiamen, During Nov.

by happpymike Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Hi there!
      I am planing to visit Xiamen during Nov.03-06,2013!
      Any comments on weather, things to do, Must Sees
      and where to stay(with an easy access to International
      Conference Center, will be highly appreciated!
      TKS in advance,
      Mike

4 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Travel To/From Xiamen

by soundchaseruk Online Now May 5, 2012 at 7:35 AM

In 2007 I flew in and out of Xiamen and I am considering making a return visit this October. I will be staying in Shaoxing and from what I can see there are no direct trains and the distance seems a good days journey by bus or trains.

Can anyone suggest routes to Xiamen from Shaoxing other than flying?

9 Answers May 13, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    • XIAMEN LONG JOURNEY COACH

by LAISAN Online Now Oct 10, 2006 at 6:33 PM

Hi, can anyone tell me after I checked out from the Gaoqi Int'l Airport, where can I take the Long Journey Coach to other places? Is it far from the airport? Appreciated your reply.

2 Answers Oct 24, 2006 at 7:45 PM
    • Wholesale Markets in Xiamen

by adetan Online Now Mar 30, 2005 at 9:24 PM

Hi, I will be going to Shenzhen next week with 3 gal frens and I'm wondering if it is convenient to travel to Xiamen from Shenzhen? How do we get there? And I heard there's some nice shopping in Xiamen.. Me and my frens are bags and accessories maniacs and would appreciate if you can list some of the must-go wholesale markets in Xiamen where we can grab good bargains! Appreciate your replies soon :)