Xai-Xai

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• One week to kill between Tofo and Maputo

Mozambique Jul 15, 2016 at 2:36 AM

Many thanks for such a wonderful site, with answers to all kinds of questions about Mozambique that I did not even know I had!

My wife and I are winging it through Southern Africa. Right now we're finding ourselves in Tofo with one week till we catch a plane out of Maputo. While Tofo is nice, it would be pleasant to see somewhere else in Mozambique before we leave. Any suggstions would be very gratefully received!

We thought of sending perhaps a night or two in Barra, if we can find affordable accommodation.

Someone suggested Xai-Xai but from what I can gather, there is little to do there and the beach is a car-drive away: and we don't have a car.

People in Tofo have warned us against spending much time in Maputo: they don't seem to like and figure we will end up with endless hassle from the police. Having had plenty of that in the Beira area already, we'd rather avoid it if possible. There is however a very convenient bus that'll whizz us from here to Maputo.

Anyway, I hope the experts on this site might be able to give me a suggestion. How would you spend a few pleasant days in this part of the country?

more