Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• safe east memphs

Memphis Oct 15, 2016 at 1:34 PM

i need to stay near east memphis, is this a safe area? what hotels are recommended in the area? i saw some reviews that mentioned drug traffcking in parking lots and i want to be sure that i am booked in a hotel in a good area

• How safe is Formosa Gardens area?

Kissimmee 9 hours ago

Hi, VT'ers. Me and my family are planning to spend next holidays in Orlando/Kissimmee area. We've been there several times but we always stayed in gated communities. This time we're going to rent a house near Formosa Gardens but it isn't in a gated community so I'm a little concern about safety. Should I be concern about safety? Is it safe to leave the house alone during the day/night? How safe is Formosa Gardens area? I really appreciate any advice or comment. Thanks

• sheriK9's Profile Photo

where to stay in october?

Salem Yesterday

planning a driving trip with one or two other couples. suggestions for where to stay and if it might be a bit less expensive and less crowded in marblehead. will be driving down from maine for a 2-night stay.

• 420 friendly Hotels

Denver Oct 26, 2016 at 4:25 PM

We are going to Denver for a few days and looking forward to enjoying some Cannabis at the end of our day.However, we have been told that most of the Hotels forbid any use of cannabis on their premises. Can anyone suggest a Hotel in Downtown Denver that will at least tolerate responsible, moderate use of weed on their property? I know we could do edibles but we are old school and love to pass a joint.

• Best way to travel around Nashville at night with a child

Nashville Oct 9, 2016 at 4:51 PM

I am visiting Nashville for a concert at TPAC. Safety is my main concern with a child in tow. Should I stay at Doubletree or another downtown hote...or in another location in Nashville?

Should I use a cab or Uber (which company if you know of a good one...) for travel late at night or attempt to park and walk?

• Where to park CHEAP near Port Everglades while on a 12-day cruise.

Fort Lauderdale Oct 8, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Where can we park our car for 12-days near Port Everglades that is CHEAP?

• evening shows + observatories?

New Mexico Oct 6, 2016 at 9:02 AM

Hello, I'm a TA wanting to explore NM & I'm curious about:
      a) a location (other than usual suspects i.e. albuquerque/santa fe) that might have

a evening show of sorts i.e. a amphitheatre wi/entertainment?

b) a location in NM.....(anywhere south) that might have a observatory where folks

can star gaze?

• Itinerary help - Anchorage - Kenai peninsula - talkeetna

Alaska 9 hours ago

family of 6 adults - mid june trip - in/ out of anchorage
      activities - wildlife/glacier viewing, kayak, biking, hiking, exploring towns
      trying to spend as little time as possible in rental car
      itinerary so far is
      1. anchorage to seward - 3 days - for kenai fjord all day tour, hiking exit glacier/harding ice field, final day of hiking or biking, fishing
      2. next 3 day itinerary is where I need help - thinking either homer for 2 nights knowing that will add lots of car time
      or renting house in girdwood area for access to prince William sound tour, hiking, cooper landing, alyeska, wildlife conservation center, ??? other ideas.
      Or one night girdwood and one night north of anchorage on way to talkeetna- ideas??
      3. last night is talkeetna for denali flight seeing tour then back to anchorage for night flight out
      Or would everyone recommend 3 days seward and 3 days denali? feels like it would be a lot of driving...

• Where to stay in Santa Barbara for young seniors with a car?

Santa Barbara Oct 25, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Spending 4 days in Santa Barbara early in March after time in LA. Looking either for a VRBO place or a hotel, preferably with a kitchen area for brkfast. No need for the beach as we live on one on the East Coast, but trying to find the recommended areas to stay with walkable restaurants when we return from our daily touring.

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

Visiting South beach between 29th nov-5th dec

Miami Oct 18, 2016 at 12:17 AM

HI all, im visiting art miami between 29th nov to 5th december. Im from india. would love to meet local VTers from miami.
      if anyone up for it let me know so we can create VT meet accordingly

VT meet in november

Los Angeles Oct 18, 2016 at 12:01 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

• October 14-22

Oahu Sep 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hello :D

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

• October 14-22

Oahu Sep 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hello :D

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

• MightyMo41's Profile Photo

Georgian E-visa

Georgia Yesterday

Hello VT members

I have applied for Georgian E-visa, they said that they will study the case and will reply me within five working days, today is the 6th day, is that mean I will not get it or it is normal to be late to give decision, and I just have to wait longer?

• Is this place vibrant?

Panama City Beach Oct 20, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Hi all, I know someone from England who has been here & he has recommended it to me. In England basically nobody hears of this destination. Is the beach nice? & is there a decent nightlife scene? Many thanks

• Hotels In New Orleans

New Orleans Oct 19, 2016 at 6:49 AM

We are visiting NO next summer. Does anyone know where to stay? We are 4 adults and 3 teenagers.
      We want a good hotel, 3 or 4 stars in a safe city area.

Best regards

• A place to freshen up

Asheville Oct 18, 2016 at 11:53 AM

I am planning a surprise party that will have separate groups coming from different parts of the country arriving on the same day. Sleeping accommodations are taken care of but having them arrive there before the party would ruin the surprise. Is there a good place the parties could meet mid to late afternoon and freshen up after their travels?

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Suggestion of Wineries

Napa Oct 17, 2016 at 7:21 AM

I'll be with my family in Napa. Could you suggest good/best wineries to visit and taste?

• TimC52's Profile Photo

vegas stag do night

Las Vegas Oct 10, 2016 at 12:14 PM

i have been given the epic task of organizing the stag do in Vegas day time is sorted it just night time events we are going out on tuesday the 29 nov and looking for ideas for were to drink and what to do any help on this would be great

thankyuo all in advance

• How good is the nightlife in Kansas City?

Kansas City Oct 7, 2016 at 5:51 AM

Hi all, I have 4-7 days to spare when I'm in the US next year. So am considering a few places. Is the nightlife good? & would I be right in thinking there isn't a lot of people from England in Kansas City? many thanks

• Nature photography workshops

United States of America Oct 7, 2016 at 1:28 AM

I want to hear suggestions for the best nature photography workshops as I love nature photography and want to grow as the nature photographer. I am in Los Angeles and ready to travel for the workshops.

• alexloves2travel's Profile Photo

First visit to Boston for the weekend!

Boston Oct 4, 2016 at 4:36 PM

We will be traveling to Boston this weekend for the first time! We will be staying near downtown and would like some suggestions on must do's.

We are also looking to take a day and travel by train to Portland ME to visit. If anyone has any suggestions on must do's in Portland we would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

• Great one day tour at south rim

Grand Canyon Oct 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Hi - we are staying at the South Rim Grand Canyon in mid december for two nights. Can anyone recommend one day tour / trip while we are there, that's informative, fun and physical. Thank you!!!

• nyceagle1633's Profile Photo

When and Where to Stay on the Alabama Coast

Alabama Oct 18, 2016 at 8:57 AM

Looking for either December or early April to go to Alabama. Never been. Want to do the coast. Which is the nicest beach, not too loud. Is the water warm enough in December or April/May.

VT meet in LA

Beverly Hills Oct 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

• What's open on the Waterfront for small children?

by DeniseJordan Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 7:26 AM

What things are there to do on the Wilmington Waterfront for small children. I was told of a place called Velosity and a Children's Museum. Are they there and are they opened today, July 4, 2014?

2 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 7:50 AM
    • Late 20s bday bar

by LadyK13 Online Now Nov 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM

New to the area and looking to celebrate my 27th birthday saturday night with some friends looking for a place thats not too upscale or fancy, good prices and dancing is a possibility. On a side note I work in Law enforcement and dont want to run into any past "customers". Best places to go for such a night in the Wilmington area of NCC?

• Public transportation between South Jersey and Delaware

by bangkokboy11 Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Is there any public transportation between S Jersey (Penns Grove) and Christaiana Mall or Wilmington?

2 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    • penpoison's Profile Photo

Transportation to northern MD

by penpoison Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 5:21 AM

I am in the process of trying to figure out to get from NYC to Washington, DC only by public transportation. I know about the bus shuttles but I would like an alternative way of traveling between the 2 cities using the long way. the only area that i am having problems with is find a way between wilmington and northern MD to catch the MARC.

If anyone has an idea on how the get between these 2 locations, i would really appreciate it. thanks for all help in advance.

P.s. i do not know how to drive.

• Parking

by rhondarae Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 4:39 PM

My son left his car at 8:00AM this morning and paid for 24 hours of parking at the lot next to Wilmington station. He is being put up in a motel in DC tonight by his company and won't return till late tomorrow night or perhaps another day of motel stays. Will his car be towed? Can he just pay the additional when he returns?

1 Answer Feb 8, 2010 at 10:28 PM
    • Water Taxis in Wilmington DE

by gmc33147 Online Now Jan 9, 2010 at 8:38 AM

How much does it cost to ride the water taxis in Wilmington Delaware? And, can you ride for an indefinite time period on one fare?

1 Answer Jan 11, 2010 at 4:38 AM
    • lcat61's Profile Photo

Public Transit To An Eagles Game

by lcat61 Online Now Oct 18, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I will going to a Phila Eagles game from Wilmington. I do not want to drive. What is the best way to get there via public transit? Do they have express buses or trains to the stadium?

• scotlandscotour's Profile Photo

What Nice Places to See in Delaware???

by scotlandscotour Online Now May 28, 2004 at 7:41 AM

Hello from Scotland, UK. I'm coming to Wilmington, Delaware in September, for family and friends but whilst in the area would like to explore. I love the outdoors, nature, history and good food. I do not have a good impression so far of Delaware but I'm convinced its got good places to see, tucked away amongst the rest. Please, all you who read this, can you come up with really good VT suggestions - even the tinyest places - anywhere lovely to go? Anything beautiful? Anything you like about Delaware? We will be based in Wilmington, but can travel a bit. I'm looking forward to it, and with your help, it'll be a wonderful experience. Many thanks! Malcolm

8 Answers May 6, 2005 at 8:12 PM
    • Relocating to Wilmington,help with neighbourhoods

by m_pope Online Now May 22, 2003 at 12:04 AM

Hi everyone, We are relocating to Wilmington around June 18, 2003. We are in California now, so we've been trying to find an apartment over the internet, but do not know anything about the neighbourhoods. Anything would be of great help!! My husband will be resident physician at St Francis hospital, so we are trying to find something in that vecinity. Do you know anything about Canby Park apartments? or Village at Fox Point? How is that area and maybe what is it called? Any other advice would be more than welcome, we really do not know anyone there to guide us.Thanks a million!!!

5 Answers Jul 27, 2004 at 9:50 AM
    • what to do?

by driving2horizons Online Now Sep 20, 2002 at 11:46 AM

Hi, what is there to do in and around Wilmington?? shopping malls?? any other touristy or interesting places?? thanks, Sarah x

4 Answers Sep 21, 2002 at 1:43 PM