Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Arriving super early morning, safety?

Warsaw Yesterday

I am currently about to start a trip to Warsaw, but sadly the only viable means of transportation was a bus arriving at Zachodnia station towards 4:25 AM.

Therefore my question is; What safety measures can you recommend to ensure I don't get in trouble while waiting for morning? Based on what I have seen written about safety in Warsaw, taking the night train is out of the question, but I would not be sure how safe it is to stay outside either. Is there someplace I could maybe go? Maybe a hotel with open lobby in the area would be perfect. I am staying at an AirBNB, but cannot check in until 8 AM (it's located in the area around Centralna.

In advance thanks

• Maykoopman's Profile Photo

health cure at the saltmine

by Maykoopman Online Now Feb 19, 2016 at 1:05 PM

Has anyone undergone a 7 or more days cure at the saltmine? I am interested to know if one can go there just without hotel and what it costs, (not a tourist tour which lasts 3.5 hrs.) thanks.

3 Answers Feb 20, 2016 at 1:19 PM
    • Easy access to Salt Mine

by gaboronegal Online Now Jun 30, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I have read that there is a lift to take people up to the surface at the end of the visit, but can one take a lift down? I am going with a disabled friend who can't manage stairs. Information on this would be much appreciated

2 Answers Nov 6, 2011 at 9:26 AM
    • dragontml's Profile Photo

1000-year-old salt mine ?

by dragontml Online Now Apr 1, 2004 at 5:32 PM

Greetings ! I read that UNESCO declared the mine one of the 12 most priceless monuments in the world. The most popular cavern complete with salt chandeliers, altar, stairs, banisters and relief works. Anyone have visited this place before ? Is it a must see ? TQ.

9 Answers Apr 3, 2004 at 3:18 PM
    • From Krakow to Wieliczka - by train

by bart_warreyn Online Now Feb 15, 2004 at 1:19 PM

Dear all, Could you help me out on this one : A I will be travelling on a global railticket, I would like to use the train to get from Krakow to the Salt Mines of Wieliczka. Where do I get off : Wieliczka or Wieliczka Rynek ? How far is it from the station to the entrance of the mine ? Thank you. Bart

6 Answers Feb 18, 2004 at 3:11 PM
    • Road map of Wieliczka

by kleinc Online Now Jun 9, 2003 at 1:11 AM

In order to locate addresses in Wieliczka, I am looking for a map with or without streets names.

1 Answer Jul 6, 2003 at 3:28 AM