Travel Answers
Whitecourt

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• See all on the Icefields Parkway going North in one day?

Province of Alberta Aug 19, 2016 at 2:41 PM

Two youngish senior couples driving from Lake Louise to Jasper on September 12 and planning to stay 2 nights in Jasper before doubling back on the Icefields Parkway and on to (Banff) Canmore. Can you help us plan our stops along the way going North and returning South. (We can also spend some Jasper time on the Parkway if needed.) Obviously want to see the usual top spots, but no need to add hiking. In your recommendations, please tell us if we need to make advanced reservations.

Thanks so much in advance.

more
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

Any suggestion regarding accommodation in Jasper in late October

Jasper National Park 15 hours ago

Hi. I will be visiting Banff-Jasper for 7 days in late October. I was planning to do split the days between the two. Should I spend more time in Banff or Jasper? I will be renting a car from Calgary and drive all the way to Banff and Jasper.

Also, I was looking at accommodation options in Jasper and there is not much choices. is there any nearby town which is worth staying at? Thanks in advance.

more
    • One week in Rockies for youngish Seniors

Province of Alberta Aug 17, 2016 at 9:09 AM

Folks,

Two youngish senior couples (non-hikers) driving the Rockies in mid Sept (9-17). After driving to Salmon Arm from Vancouver, based on some online input several months ago, we head to Lake Louise, go to Jasper and then double back to Banff (Canmore) and fly home from Calgary. Itinerary and places for us to stop is as follows:
      Lake Louise (2 nights)
      Trails around Lake
      Chateau Lake Louise Hotel
      Lake Louise Gondola
      Moraine Lake
      Emerald Lake and Takkakaw Falls

Icefields Parkway to Jasper
      Peyto Lake
      Bow Lake
      Mistaya Canyon
      Wilcox Pass Hike-
      Athabasca Falls
      Snowcoach to Glacier –
      Sunwapta Falls

Jasper (3nights)
      Tramway
      Malign Lake
      Malign Canyon
      Medicine Lake
      Bow Valley (Highway 1A to Banff)
      Johnson Canyon
      Castle Mtn.

Banff
      Banff Gondola
      Bow Falls
      Tunnel Mtn.
      Minnewanka boat tour

Canmore for lodging (2 nights)

Comments on itinerary appreciated, but specific question about the drive from Lake Louise to Jasper and back. Must we (and should we) take the Icefields to and from Jasper? Anything missing? Also, is the Annual Park pass advisable? Does not seem so for our group of 4.
      Thanks!!

more
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

Banff-Jasper in late October

Banff Aug 23, 2016 at 1:38 PM

Hi. I'm planning to go to Banff-jasper in late October for a week but as I was checking the tours. Most of them only operates until mid October and most of the attractions are also only open until mid Octobee. I will be travelling alone so hiring a car is not an option for me. Is it still worth going at this time? Badly need advice. Thank you in advance.

more