VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Waukesha Travel Answers

change location

Just moved to Waukesha, looking for information

by sublimesun68_96 Online Now Oct 26, 2005 at 12:49 PM

Hello,
I just bought a house on the Southwest side of Waukesha. I know nothing about this town. We moved here from Madison, which I miss very much, for a job. We like to find fun little bars... not clubbing bars, local po-dunk bars with good food, good drinks and/or good atmosphere.

We also have a dog. Any dog parks around here?

I love to hang out by the lakes. Are there any cool parks within, say, 10-15 minutes that are on water? I am familiar with Milwaukee, Kenosha, Madison, etc... but all these little suburbs between are not something I know well.

I guess any info you can possibly pass on to me would be much appreciated. I know nothing! We are in our upper 20's and wouldn't mind meeting people as well. How do you go about that around here?

Thanks!!
Kelly

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • blaird's Profile Photo

RE: Just moved to Waukesha, looking for information

by blaird Online Now Nov 29, 2005 at 9:25 AM

I am not sure exactly where the soutwest side of Waukesha means, but I lived just to the east of waukesha when I was a kid and now live north of it...

I am sure you will find a ton of little bars nearby, Waukesha is littered with them. I know a few in New Berlin from those times I came back for the holidays, but I rarely went out in Waukesha. Brookfield (Bluemound Rd) has really built up over the years and Pewaukee (on Capitol Dr) is growing pretty, fast too.

-Nagawaukee Park is a big park between two big lakes, you might like that
    -There are a bunch of lakes just north and west of Waukesha that should be pretty close...I think Nashotah Park is close.
    -Take a walk through Delafield sometime, I think they have a little park on a lake in the city.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines