Waskesiu Lake

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation up to the Midnight Dome

Dawson Apr 9, 2016 at 1:43 PM

Is there any way to get up to the Dome if we don't hike and don't have a car?

more
    • August trip to newfoundland

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Apr 30, 2016 at 9:32 AM

Arriving st.johns spend the night with relatives, witless bay the next day then off to Baine harbour to visit with my mom. From Blaine harbour we will be in cows head for 2 nights and trout river for 2 nights. Looking for a 1/2 spot from trout river to Blaine harbour. Checked Fogo island but the ferry times would put us into Fogo after dinner, any suggestions would be appreciated.

more
    • How to find ride-share to Montmorency Falls Park from Quebec City?

Quebec Apr 9, 2016 at 3:09 PM

I am wondering if I can find a ride to the Park from somewhere in Quebec city?

more
    • 11 Day's first RV trip, Calgary round trip

Banff National Park Apr 9, 2016 at 2:38 AM

Our first RV trip. couple + 3 kids (13, 10, 8). I would love recommendations of a good itinerary and recommended campgrounds for 10 nights (net) in August.
      Steven

more
    • need more info

Appalachian Mountains Apr 8, 2016 at 7:18 AM

there seams to have very little information bout the appalachians

more
    • Banff avenue

Banff Apr 7, 2016 at 3:49 AM

How long is Banff avenue. Are the shops and restaurants all the way along. Or just do far. Is it possible to walk the entire length

more
    • Morgandy14's Profile Photo

Camping in Newfoundland and Labrador

Canada Apr 30, 2016 at 7:04 AM

Hi all,

I will be camping in NF and Lab. For a few weeks Mid August through early Sept.

Does anyone know if there are places where my tent stakes will go in smoothly, or are sites pretty rocky.

Any suggestions for camping in the most scenic of areas?

Thanks..

more

Are campgrounds seasonal?

Canada Apr 25, 2016 at 9:07 AM

Hi folks,

I plan to camp throughout eastern Canada, starting in Newfoundland, then heading to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and such, from August through early November. I know the weather will not be good.

Will there be campgrounds still open during this period? Do national or regional stay open?

Thanks for the help...

more
    • PatPisco's Profile Photo

Happy valley goose bay

Canada Apr 8, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Hi, I'm searching for a campground in happy valley goose bay or near. The only one a found seem to be close. Name of the place : Goose river lodge. Do you guy know another campground?

more
    • Staying on the outskirts without a car.....

Jasper Apr 21, 2016 at 3:12 PM

We are thinking of staying on the outskirts, around 20-30mins from the centre. How easy/expensive is it to get to trip/activity locations or the centre without a car?

more
    • jmhultin's Profile Photo

Long international layover at toronto airport

Toronto Apr 25, 2016 at 8:55 AM

I am researching options to Africa from the US (I'm a US citizen). One option involves an 11-hour layover in Toronto, beginning at 11 pm. It actually seems rather ideal, as theoretically, I could spend a nearly-full night at a nearby hotel, and resume my travels the next day. However, I have not been to Canada since 9/11 (and never to Toronto), and I'm wondering if immigration, security and overall logistics will significantly impair my presumed restfulness. I'll be without luggage, as that will have been checked through.

Any thoughts will be appreciated. (btw, if this is not a good plan, I'll make other arrangements. I will NOT spend 11 hours in the international transit area, even with a club pass).

more
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Off the Beaten Path

Toronto Apr 18, 2016 at 4:45 PM

We will be in Toronto the week of April 23rd. We will be staying near the St. Lawrence Market. This isn't our first trip to Toronto, I was looking forward to Casa Loma, PATH, The Bata Shoe Museum, Royal Ontario Museum, Distillery District. Anything special, off the beaten path that we shouldn't miss? Any good recommendations that perhaps we haven't thought of?

more
    • Addison833's Profile Photo

Nice town to stay overnight on west side and east side of Gaspé Peninsula

Gaspé Apr 6, 2016 at 12:16 PM

My family is planning a road trip in July. We will be starting off with a couple of days in Quebec City, then on to the Gaspé Peninsula; and eventually we'll make our way to PEI to visit friends and then onto les Îles de la Madeleine. The only things we've decided on regarding our time on the Gaspé Peninsula is that we want to spend a couple of nights in the Forillon National Park. But obviously there are other places to see along the way and we're not totally sure where to stop, particularly where we should stay for the night?

So I'm trying to figure out a few things and I'm hoping you can help!

1) We'll be leaving Quebec City in the morning and will start our way up the west side of the peninsula. What town/village would be a nice place to stop for the night between Quebec City and Forillon National Park? Is planning to stay somewhere just one night ridiculous, or should we take more time to make our way up to Forillon? Any recommendations for a nice place (or two) to have dinner and spend the night? We'll have a 4 1/2 year old with us if that makes any difference.

2) Following our two-night stay in Forillon Park, we'll be heading in the general direction of Prince Edward Island. Any suggestions for where to stay on the east side of the peninsula?

Thanks so much,
      Cailey

more
    • Rent a car in Vancouver?

Vancouver Apr 10, 2016 at 5:59 PM

We are flying into Vancouver just before the May long weekend, staying there 2 nights (Denman/Robson St area) then taking the Tsawwassen ferry to Victoria - eventually ending up in Tofino and back to Vancouver (10 days total). We aren't sure when and were to rent a car, as it sounds like in Vancouver we really don't need one. Is it expensive/convenient to get to the ferry docks from where we are in Vancouver? Would it make most sense to rent at the airport, knowing we won't use it much the first couple of days, then have it to get the ferry? Or wait til we get to Sidney/Victoria and rent there? We are pretty sure that in Victoria we'll need one. Any advice appreciated!

more
    • silentfish193350's Profile Photo

Which transport should we take

Montreal Apr 9, 2016 at 9:12 AM

We are two senior planning to visit Toronto and Montreal this June. In case we arrive first in Toronto, what means of public transport should we go to Montreal then?

more
    • Public Wifi

Baffin Island Apr 19, 2016 at 3:01 PM

My sister has just moved to Baffin Island for a 3 month position. She tried to get Wifi, but that was a year commitment. Is there public Wifi on this Island at any of the restaurants or library? She is extremely lonely, can you offer any suggestions of places to go for a single person. She is also walking to where ever she needs to go. She is close to the local hospital.

more
    • Hitchhicking Calgary - Yellowstone

Calgary Apr 19, 2016 at 3:01 PM

Hi everybody,
      I am planning to travel on May from Calgary to the Yellowstone (via Glacier National Park).
      Do you think hitchhicking could work out well? Is it legal in Alberta?
      I Think it will take me one day to Glacier and an other to get to Mammoth hot springs. Does that seem realistic to you?
      Thanks,

Diego

more

Route from Toronto to North Newfondland

Canada Apr 28, 2016 at 9:17 AM

Hi all,

I have been trying to find a good route from Toronto up to Terra Nova and Gros Morne in Newfoundland. I want to start in the north of Newfoundland and then work my way down south.

Can you give input into what routes to head up north directly, and where ferry can be caught from there?

Also, any recommendations on points along the way, I plan to take 3 days to drive there most likely, so would need to find a hotel for 1st night and 2nd night.

Thanks greatly for any help.

more
    • Where to stay

by lensam Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 10:05 AM

We are travelling from the UK in late June and are looking for somewhere to stay for a few days. Elk Ridge Lodge looks fine but at $250 per night, I think itis a bit pricey. We are a couple who after a long drive to get to places like to stay in good quality accommodation (but also like to get value for money). Any suggestions ,please. Many thanks and regards