Washington State

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• safe east memphs

Memphis Oct 15, 2016 at 1:34 PM

i need to stay near east memphis, is this a safe area? what hotels are recommended in the area? i saw some reviews that mentioned drug traffcking in parking lots and i want to be sure that i am booked in a hotel in a good area

• How safe is Formosa Gardens area?

Kissimmee 5 hours ago

Hi, VT'ers. Me and my family are planning to spend next holidays in Orlando/Kissimmee area. We've been there several times but we always stayed in gated communities. This time we're going to rent a house near Formosa Gardens but it isn't in a gated community so I'm a little concern about safety. Should I be concern about safety? Is it safe to leave the house alone during the day/night? How safe is Formosa Gardens area? I really appreciate any advice or comment. Thanks

• Itinerary help - Anchorage - Kenai peninsula - talkeetna

Alaska 6 hours ago

family of 6 adults - mid june trip - in/ out of anchorage
      activities - wildlife/glacier viewing, kayak, biking, hiking, exploring towns
      trying to spend as little time as possible in rental car
      itinerary so far is
      1. anchorage to seward - 3 days - for kenai fjord all day tour, hiking exit glacier/harding ice field, final day of hiking or biking, fishing
      2. next 3 day itinerary is where I need help - thinking either homer for 2 nights knowing that will add lots of car time
      or renting house in girdwood area for access to prince William sound tour, hiking, cooper landing, alyeska, wildlife conservation center, ??? other ideas.
      Or one night girdwood and one night north of anchorage on way to talkeetna- ideas??
      3. last night is talkeetna for denali flight seeing tour then back to anchorage for night flight out
      Or would everyone recommend 3 days seward and 3 days denali? feels like it would be a lot of driving...

• sheriK9's Profile Photo

where to stay in october?

Salem Yesterday

planning a driving trip with one or two other couples. suggestions for where to stay and if it might be a bit less expensive and less crowded in marblehead. will be driving down from maine for a 2-night stay.

• 420 friendly Hotels

Denver Yesterday

We are going to Denver for a few days and looking forward to enjoying some Cannabis at the end of our day.However, we have been told that most of the Hotels forbid any use of cannabis on their premises. Can anyone suggest a Hotel in Downtown Denver that will at least tolerate responsible, moderate use of weed on their property? I know we could do edibles but we are old school and love to pass a joint.

• Best way to travel around Nashville at night with a child

Nashville Oct 9, 2016 at 4:51 PM

I am visiting Nashville for a concert at TPAC. Safety is my main concern with a child in tow. Should I stay at Doubletree or another downtown hote...or in another location in Nashville?

Should I use a cab or Uber (which company if you know of a good one...) for travel late at night or attempt to park and walk?

• Where to park CHEAP near Port Everglades while on a 12-day cruise.

Fort Lauderdale Oct 8, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Where can we park our car for 12-days near Port Everglades that is CHEAP?

• evening shows + observatories?

New Mexico Oct 6, 2016 at 9:02 AM

Hello, I'm a TA wanting to explore NM & I'm curious about:
      a) a location (other than usual suspects i.e. albuquerque/santa fe) that might have

a evening show of sorts i.e. a amphitheatre wi/entertainment?

b) a location in NM.....(anywhere south) that might have a observatory where folks

can star gaze?

• Where to stay in Santa Barbara for young seniors with a car?

Santa Barbara Oct 25, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Spending 4 days in Santa Barbara early in March after time in LA. Looking either for a VRBO place or a hotel, preferably with a kitchen area for brkfast. No need for the beach as we live on one on the East Coast, but trying to find the recommended areas to stay with walkable restaurants when we return from our daily touring.

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

Visiting South beach between 29th nov-5th dec

Miami Oct 18, 2016 at 12:17 AM

HI all, im visiting art miami between 29th nov to 5th december. Im from india. would love to meet local VTers from miami.
      if anyone up for it let me know so we can create VT meet accordingly

VT meet in november

Los Angeles Oct 18, 2016 at 12:01 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

• October 14-22

Oahu Sep 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hello :D

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

• October 14-22

Oahu Sep 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hello :D

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

• MightyMo41's Profile Photo

Georgian E-visa

Georgia Yesterday

Hello VT members

I have applied for Georgian E-visa, they said that they will study the case and will reply me within five working days, today is the 6th day, is that mean I will not get it or it is normal to be late to give decision, and I just have to wait longer?

• Is this place vibrant?

Panama City Beach Oct 20, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Hi all, I know someone from England who has been here & he has recommended it to me. In England basically nobody hears of this destination. Is the beach nice? & is there a decent nightlife scene? Many thanks

• Hotels In New Orleans

New Orleans Oct 19, 2016 at 6:49 AM

We are visiting NO next summer. Does anyone know where to stay? We are 4 adults and 3 teenagers.
      We want a good hotel, 3 or 4 stars in a safe city area.

Best regards

• A place to freshen up

Asheville Oct 18, 2016 at 11:53 AM

I am planning a surprise party that will have separate groups coming from different parts of the country arriving on the same day. Sleeping accommodations are taken care of but having them arrive there before the party would ruin the surprise. Is there a good place the parties could meet mid to late afternoon and freshen up after their travels?

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Suggestion of Wineries

Napa Oct 17, 2016 at 7:21 AM

I'll be with my family in Napa. Could you suggest good/best wineries to visit and taste?

• TimC52's Profile Photo

vegas stag do night

Las Vegas Oct 10, 2016 at 12:14 PM

i have been given the epic task of organizing the stag do in Vegas day time is sorted it just night time events we are going out on tuesday the 29 nov and looking for ideas for were to drink and what to do any help on this would be great

thankyuo all in advance

• How good is the nightlife in Kansas City?

Kansas City Oct 7, 2016 at 5:51 AM

Hi all, I have 4-7 days to spare when I'm in the US next year. So am considering a few places. Is the nightlife good? & would I be right in thinking there isn't a lot of people from England in Kansas City? many thanks

• Nature photography workshops

United States of America Oct 7, 2016 at 1:28 AM

I want to hear suggestions for the best nature photography workshops as I love nature photography and want to grow as the nature photographer. I am in Los Angeles and ready to travel for the workshops.

• alexloves2travel's Profile Photo

First visit to Boston for the weekend!

Boston Oct 4, 2016 at 4:36 PM

We will be traveling to Boston this weekend for the first time! We will be staying near downtown and would like some suggestions on must do's.

We are also looking to take a day and travel by train to Portland ME to visit. If anyone has any suggestions on must do's in Portland we would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

• Great one day tour at south rim

Grand Canyon Oct 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Hi - we are staying at the South Rim Grand Canyon in mid december for two nights. Can anyone recommend one day tour / trip while we are there, that's informative, fun and physical. Thank you!!!

• nyceagle1633's Profile Photo

When and Where to Stay on the Alabama Coast

Alabama Oct 18, 2016 at 8:57 AM

Looking for either December or early April to go to Alabama. Never been. Want to do the coast. Which is the nicest beach, not too loud. Is the water warm enough in December or April/May.

VT meet in LA

Beverly Hills Oct 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

• Transportation SeaTac Airport to Mediterranean Inn

Seattle Sep 3, 2016 at 12:11 PM

This us our first trip to Seattle anx the USA. Our flight arrives at 1024 p.m. What is the best and most economical way to get to the Mediterranean Inn from SeaTac Airport? Thank you.

11 Answers Oct 7, 2016 at 8:57 PM
    • Ferry from Victoria, VI to Seattle and immigration/customs

Seattle Aug 29, 2016 at 6:13 AM

Hope someone can advise please? We are travelling from UK to Vancouver Island then want to travel on to Seattle. It looks as though the Clipper Ferry to Seattle would be the most convenient but is this ok from an immigration/customs point of entry into the US?

Many thanks

7 Answers Sep 3, 2016 at 8:32 PM
    • to pier 91 in seattle

Poulsbo Aug 11, 2016 at 1:23 PM

does bus route 90 go all the way to pier 91?

2 Answers Aug 11, 2016 at 10:09 PM
    • to pier 91 in seattle

Poulsbo Aug 11, 2016 at 1:22 PM

does route 90 go all the way to pier 91?

1 Answer Aug 11, 2016 at 2:10 PM
    • next week with 3 teenagers

Seattle Jul 25, 2016 at 9:39 PM

going to seattle for the first time next week with 3 teenagers any ideas that they would like

9 Answers Jul 27, 2016 at 8:41 AM
    • Feedback/Suggestions needed for Portland/Seattle Trip

Seattle Jul 21, 2016 at 1:49 PM

The plan is to fly into Portland or Seattle and fly out of the other city.
      We will rent a car and want to definitely see the highlights that are most reasonable given our time constraints.
      I've heard the Oregon coast is amazing. Also heard about the hiking in the gorge!
      As for Washington - I know the winery Chateau St Michelle is nearby - that may be more doable.
      My boyfriend has never been to Seattle so I want him to see the market etc.
      But I would also love to see some of the whales and not sure if trying to squeeze in any of the islands is worth it or reasonable.
      We are foodies and hope to experience the each city for atleast a day a half plus some excursions.
      Any suggestions you can offer about routes to take - things to see and do and or a reasonable itinerary for 7 days is awesome. We don't want to come home exhausted but we also aren't afraid to pack a lot into a day and want some unique experiences that we can't have in other states!
      Thank you!

2 Answers Jul 21, 2016 at 8:17 PM
    • Space needle

Seattle Jul 10, 2016 at 1:47 PM

Are there long lines? Are reservations needed? What about the restaurant - good food? reservations needed there, too? Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 10, 2016 at 6:49 PM
    • ronih2o's Profile Photo

Best hair salon

Longview May 10, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Just moved here and need to find a great stylist for my crazy hair? Yelp reviews look weird.

• Best Driving Itinerary for Washington Coast

Olympic National Park Feb 4, 2016 at 10:02 PM

I am planning a trip to Seattle in June and would also like to plan a trip to the Washington Coast to see the Hoh Rainforest. Does anyone recommend anything else of interest along the way or places to stay? I was also wondering how many days I should spend at each place. It will be just myself and my girlfriend. Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Feb 6, 2016 at 7:29 AM
    • Vacation rental?

Copalis Beach Jan 26, 2016 at 3:55 PM

any one familiar with this beach and the surrounding area? Looking for some feedback before we commit to a few days renting a private home on the beach. are there grocery stores and conveniences nearby, what's the closest town?

2 Answers Jan 26, 2016 at 8:03 PM
    • Ocean shores vs. Westport

Ocean Shores Jan 22, 2016 at 10:25 AM

Three days to spend at the coast. Planning to rent a condo or vacation home. Which area is better for quiet walks on the beach and some R&R.

2 Answers Jan 23, 2016 at 8:58 PM
    • vacation rentals

Ocean Shores Jan 22, 2016 at 10:18 AM

We have 3 days to spend on the west coast of Washington before heading north of Seattle for a week. We're looking to rent a vacation home or condo with beach front property. What area isn't overpopulated and has good access. We like a peaceful quiet locale and plan to sit and enjoy the view and if the weather permits in early May, do some exploring along the coast line.

2 Answers Jan 23, 2016 at 9:33 PM
    • what are some disadvantages

Washington State Nov 11, 2015 at 6:45 PM

what are some disadvantages of visiting washington state

7 Answers Nov 20, 2015 at 1:10 AM
    • where is the visitors center?

Seattle Oct 17, 2015 at 2:22 PM

where can i get a visitors transportaion pass? am staying at the excetuvive hotel

5 Answers Oct 18, 2015 at 9:58 AM
    • One month with teenagers

Port Townsend Sep 24, 2015 at 2:22 PM

We are thinking of spending one month in Port Townsend to escape the heat in Phoenix, Arizona. Our twin daughters will be 17 next summer. Is there enough to keep them busy and happy or will they be bored?

6 Answers Sep 24, 2015 at 8:58 PM
    • trasportation

Washington State Sep 19, 2015 at 4:39 PM

what type of trasportaion do the majority of people use in washington state

6 Answers Sep 21, 2015 at 8:58 PM
    • Suggestions Please

Olympic National Park Sep 15, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Hi, We have 3 nights in the Lake Crescent area & 3 nights in the Quinault area.
      Would love Your favorite hikes and "must see" places.

Thanks so much!

10 Answers Sep 16, 2015 at 11:45 AM
    • Looking for aircraft carriers

Bremerton Sep 5, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Can u see aircraft carriers and other big navy ships in bremerton

4 Answers Sep 6, 2015 at 10:59 PM
    • USS Kitty Hawk

Bremerton Aug 30, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Where can I go to see the Kitty Hawk? I served aboard her during 1972 in Vietnam and haven't seen her since. I would like to get a look again after 43 years especially since I am in the area.

4 Answers Aug 30, 2015 at 8:44 PM
    • Luggage Storage

San Juan Islands Aug 3, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Is there anywhere around the Friday Harbor Ferry landing to store luggage while we explore before catching a later ferry to another island?

2 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 3:25 PM
    • Things to do?

Port Angeles Jul 29, 2015 at 7:43 AM

My GF and I will be visiting Port Angeles and we have the entire day of Oct 31st to explore. can you suggest any activities that can get us the most bang for the buck so to speak? We love the outdoors and experiencing nature in raw form. We are interested in seeing the Olympic NP and hopefully some waterfalls. Any suggestions?

6 Answers Jul 30, 2015 at 5:26 PM
    • A Trip Plan for Washington (From Seattle to San Francisco)

Washington State Jul 24, 2015 at 7:16 AM

We planning to travel on July 2016, from Seattle to San Francisco. Here is our plan. Can you please give us some advice regarding our plan? Is out trip reasonble regrading distances. Recommendations about sleeping places (and locations) are more than welcome.

Day 1: Land at Seattle (afternoon)

Day 2: Seattle, sleep at Seattle

Day 3: Seattle, sleep at Packwood

Day 4: Mount Rainier. Sleep at Port Townsend

Day 5: Olympic National Park (North area):

Port Townsend, Hurricane Ridge, Lake Crescent, sleep in Forks

Day 6:    rialto beach ,Hoh Rain Forest, Ruby Beach, Sleep in Westport

Day 7: Astoria, Portland, sleep in Portland

Day 8: Portland, sleep in Portland

Day 9: Woodburn Premium Outlets, Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, Lincoln City, Sleep in Depot Bay/Lincoln City

Day 10: Wheel Sale at Depot Bay, Newport,  Cape Perpetua , sleep at Cape Perpetua

Day 11: Road 138 to Creator Lake, Tokeete Water Falls, Clearwater Water Falls, Crater Lake, sleep at Shady Cove.

Day 12: Jacksonville, Yreka, Mount Shasta, McCloud Falls, sleep near Lassen.

Day 13: Lassen Volcanic National Park, Lake Tahoe

Day 14-16: Yosemite National Park

Day 17: Muir Woods?

Day 18: San Francisco – Golden Gate Park, Sausalito.

Day 19: Morning: San Francisco. Afternoon: Flying back home.

Thank you very much.

5 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 12:47 PM
    • Public Transportation from Downtown Port Orchard

Port Orchard Jul 21, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Any bus transportation from Port Orchard Ferry Pear to 4403 gregory Lane E. please ?
      Di-o I have to take a taxi?

2 Answers Jul 22, 2015 at 12:02 AM
    • Trip to Ocean Shores

Ocean Shores Jul 16, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Am planning a day trip from Olympia to Ocean Shores on Sunday the 19th. I did locate an Interpretive Center and Museum at Ocean Shores. Am wondering if there are any interesting points of interest that are 'inexpensive or free' to see along the way. Thanks, Rose

3 Answers Jul 18, 2015 at 9:07 PM
    • Mix of car camping & backcountry - suggested spots?

Olympic National Park Jul 16, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Hi there! My husband and I will be spending about a week in Olympic National Park at the end of July/beginning of August. We are experienced car campers but would like to try to do at least a night or two in the backcountry this trip, so we're reading up and stocking up on backpacking essentials.

Our tentative plan is to drive first to the coast and spend a few nights beach camping (Mora/Rialto area, most likely), then drive inland for the remainder of our trip. We are thinking about parking at Graves Creek and spending a night there, then hiking in and spending at least a night or two backcountry two and from Enchanted Valley, or perhaps a bit beyond. To anyone who knows, does that sound like a good plan? Anything we might not know that we should? (We know about the ban on backcountry fires, and about bear canisters, etc.)

From there, we have two or three days before or after to play with. Any other campground recommendations we should definitely visit, if we'd like to see some of the park's great stuff but also avoid driving too much or trying to squeeze too much in? Should we keep the Quinalt area / Graves Creek as our home base, or should we venture around to other spots?

Also, I know that the frontcountry campsites are first-come first-serve. Any advice on how early you really have to get there, or what to do if a site is full?

Thanks for your help!!

2 Answers Jul 17, 2015 at 5:20 PM
    • 6 nights in ONP

Olympic National Park Jul 15, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Staying 6 nights, was thinking "2" in each of Lake Crescent Lodge, Quinault Lodge and 2 in SOl duc resort.
      Coming from Seattle airport 9-23 Is this too much time at the resorts? Plan on doing alot of hiking.
      Thank You.

3 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 9:38 PM
    • JimC71's Profile Photo

Best crab legs

Seattle Jul 6, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Visiting Seattle end of the month. Want to bring my daughter for some really great crab legs. Would like a place locals would go if they were bringing family. I see a ton of places on Yelp, would really like something of a shack where we could just buy crab legs without actually having to sit down at a restaurant for a full meal. Looking forward to the feedback and recommendations!

4 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 8:50 AM
    • Can you see the Olympic Mountains from the Hoh Rainforest vistor center?

Washington State Jul 2, 2015 at 1:39 AM

We are from Portland, OR and are driving to Raymond, WA to visit family. We want to drive to the Hoh Rainforest for one day which would be about a 3 hour drive from Raymond. Are you able to see the Olympic Mountains from the Hoh Rainforest visitor center? If not, can you recommend an area that is not far away so we could see the Olympic Mountains? Hurricane ridge is too far for us because that would make it a far drive back to Portland. Thank You!

3 Answers Jul 3, 2015 at 2:58 AM
    • Cruise Terminal (Pier 66) Long-Term Parking

Seattle Jun 25, 2015 at 12:50 PM

What parking garage should I use for parking during a 7-day cruise?

2 Answers Jun 25, 2015 at 5:31 PM
    • 2-3 Day Itinerary

Seattle May 10, 2015 at 11:05 PM

I was hoping to plan a trip to Seattle sometime in early June from Saturday to Sunday (or Monday) and was hoping to determine the best itinerary to be able to visit each of the places below:

Space Needle
      Woodland Zoo
      Seattle Aquarium
      Argosy Cruise
      Pike Place Market
      Safeco Field (Sunday game 1pm)

What would be the ideal schedule to maximize my time?

8 Answers May 15, 2015 at 7:43 AM