Travel Answers
Warsaw

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Any one want to meet for a meal or drink?

by rexvaughan Online Now Jul 21, 2016 at 6:13 PM

We will be in Warsaw from Saturday afternoon, August 20 and leaving Tuesday morning, August 23. If anyone is interested and available, we would love to meet for a drink or a meal. Just let me know and we can arrange time and place.

more

Near Warsaw

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Any one want to meet for a meal or drink?

by rexvaughan Online Now Jul 21, 2016 at 6:13 PM

We will be in Warsaw from Saturday afternoon, August 20 and leaving Tuesday morning, August 23. If anyone is interested and available, we would love to meet for a drink or a meal. Just let me know and we can arrange time and place.

1 Answer Jul 22, 2016 at 6:03 AM
    • Origate's Profile Photo

Left luggage

by Origate Online Now Jun 29, 2016 at 3:27 PM

Hi, i left my laptop and some clothes in my friend's apartment in Poland. I just simply forgot to pack them before leaving. Do you know cheapest and fastest way to send them from Warsaw back to me? I browsed the internet but the pricing seems incredibly high for me. Any help appreciated! :)

2 Answers Jun 30, 2016 at 1:31 AM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Lux Express Station

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now May 20, 2016 at 3:23 AM

Can anyone verify that the Lux Express bus station is still at DW Centralny 04 on Jana Pawla II as per web site? Thanks from looking in Warsaw.

2 Answers May 22, 2016 at 5:43 AM
    • Modlin Airport to City Transfer

by gregdav Online Now May 5, 2016 at 11:43 AM

We land at 21.20 on 18/06/16. The next Modlinbus is at 23.30, a 2hr wait! this is confirmed by Modlinbus who say that there 'may' be more busses added.
      Is there a public transport alternative? If not how much should a regular taxi cost?

2 Answers May 6, 2016 at 3:32 AM
    • Airport transfer

by losham Online Now Apr 17, 2016 at 7:58 AM

Is there a shuttle bus in Chopin airport to take us to the hotel?
      If we to go to Central station by public transportation I noticed online that the station is very near the Polina Palace hotel where we are staying. Is this true?
      The shuttle bus would be the easiest but if not we can consider a taxi if they do not charge outrageous rates.
      Thank you for any advice.
      Losham

3 Answers Apr 19, 2016 at 1:30 PM
    • what to wear in evenings

by hughese87 Online Now Mar 21, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Hi,
      I am travelling to Warsaw this weekend, and was wondering what girls wear of an evening. I was thinking of jeans and a smart top. I don't want to look over dressed or under dressed.Any advice would be great. Will just be local bars we are going to not clubs.

6 Answers Apr 7, 2016 at 3:50 AM
    • Maykoopman's Profile Photo

Buy airticket in Poland

by Maykoopman Online Now Feb 22, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Anyone knows a Polish site or travel agency where I can check prices from those cities to Z├╝rich? I know the swiss site, but I wonder what about the on the spot price.Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 22, 2016 at 1:11 PM
    • ronaldpk's Profile Photo

Wifi in public places

by ronaldpk Online Now Feb 2, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Hi, I will be going to Warsaw in March and would like to get some info regarding public places with wifi connections where you can come over with your laptop and go online for free. I have found some info but it hasn't been updated since 2012.

Thanks a lot for any feedback.

Ronald

4 Answers Feb 5, 2016 at 5:37 PM
    • Easter Sunday in Warsaw

by hughese87 Online Now Jan 12, 2016 at 7:31 AM

Hi we are travelling Easter Saturday and leave Easter Monday, I was wondering if someone can tell me if bars & eateries are open on Easter Sunday?
      Thanks
      Lizze

4 Answers Mar 24, 2016 at 2:07 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

coffee/beer

by meeson Online Now Dec 13, 2015 at 4:53 AM

Hi vt'ers
      is anyone around next weekend in Warsaw for a beer and a chat. I arrive on the 17th and will be staying at the Sofitel for a week.
      regards
      jonathan

2 Answers Dec 13, 2015 at 7:47 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

Hi vt'ers, local bars in warsaw

by meeson Online Now Dec 1, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Hi
      Can anyone give me some ideas as to where to drink in warsaw, I like to get off the tourist path and see where the locals drink. any ideas would be great I go on the 17th December and im staying at the Sofitel Hotel, any vt'ers from warsaw out there to show me around ?
      thank in advance

1 Answer Dec 1, 2015 at 8:28 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

budget for 5 days

by meeson Online Now Nov 4, 2015 at 12:33 PM

hi vt'ers
      any idea what budget I would need for 5 nights in December. the hotel is paid for and I will have one night of eating in a decent restaurant. also a few beers per night as well.
      thanks

• sihi's Profile Photo

shopping, sightseeing, cheap accomodation

by sihi Online Now Nov 3, 2015 at 1:57 PM

hi.

Can somebody recomend cheap hotel, hostel in Warsaw close to the city centre? Is it possible to find accomodation max 50 zloty per person?

Where can I buy Polish made sport shoes, books of Stanislaw Michalkiewicz and Janusz Korwin-Mikke, Polish sparkling wines, Miody Pitne? My wife will want to buy clothes (Polish brands).

Polish style restaurant, cafe in Old town (Stare or Nowe Miasto area)?

Thank you

2 Answers Nov 4, 2015 at 6:55 AM
    • New years eve

by Rnsb Online Now Oct 31, 2015 at 6:47 AM

My husband and myself are travelling to Warsaw for new yars eve , we are staying at the Sheraton hotel. We are looking for a good restaurant to eat and celebrate. I know the Sheraton do have a party, but find it quite expensive. We will appreciate any help

• Accommodation

by ellisue Online Now Oct 18, 2015 at 3:12 AM

Hi we are hoping to be going to Warsaw for New Year and are looking for some recommendations for accommodation in the Old Town, anyone help please

11 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 7:36 AM
    • excelemp's Profile Photo

Budapest to Warsaw by Train

by excelemp Online Now Oct 17, 2015 at 10:00 AM

Hi all am planning a trip to Budapest, Oct 22nd to Nov 8th. Whenever I visit Europe I always try to make my trips a bit interesting. I am looking forward in taking a train from Budapest to Warsaw but was hoping to have a stop over anywhere that is interesting in between.

Appreciate suggestion.

4 Answers Oct 18, 2015 at 12:40 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

best restaurants

by meeson Online Now Oct 4, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Hi vt'ers
      I'm off to Warsaw in December for my 40th and would like to eat at a decent restaurant. I'm open to may cuisines so any ideas for me please.

cheers

5 Answers Oct 26, 2015 at 2:39 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

wizzair flights

by meeson Online Now Sep 23, 2015 at 12:39 PM

hi vt'ers

Im off to Warsaw on the 18th December flying with wizzair. whens the best time to book my flights to get the best deal. I was thinking 7 weeks before is about right.
      anyone fly there and can advise me
      thanks

4 Answers Sep 24, 2015 at 2:07 AM
    • MiranMon's Profile Photo

Good club, to men's business meeting.

by MiranMon Online Now Sep 15, 2015 at 9:51 AM

I'm about to visit Warsaw, in order to meet my business partner. I'm looking for a bar/club, that is elegant, calm, and have rich stock of whisky and wine (prices are not important). It would be nice, if there would be some good food. I hope you will guide me somehow!

5 Answers Oct 26, 2015 at 5:44 AM
    • NatalieMc1's Profile Photo

Could you advise some unusual non-touristic places in Warsaw?

by NatalieMc1 Online Now Sep 14, 2015 at 4:32 AM

I am goint to visit Poland next month and I have already found a tour guide on https://2polyglot.com/search/guide.
      We will be in Warsaw for a week and the first two days we'll have excursions with our guide but other days we'll be free. Me and my husband are very active people and we don't want to walk in the city center and eat in the restaurants. We would like to see some unusual and non-touristic places, known and popular by locals.
      Could you, please, advise me such interesting places?
      Many thanks

3 Answers Sep 14, 2015 at 3:46 PM
    • 3 day tickets?

by thomas9 Online Now Sep 1, 2015 at 4:25 AM

Hi,
      Are 3 day tickets still available?
      I don't see such a ticket at http://www.ztm.waw.pl/?c=110&l=2

Thanks,
      Thomas

4 Answers Sep 5, 2015 at 2:35 PM
    • Sightseeing/travelling around Warsaw & recommendations for lovely restaurants near Westin Warsaw

by CurryQueen Online Now Aug 24, 2015 at 5:54 AM

Hey again!
      What's the best way to travel around Warsaw? Are there day tickets or 3 day tickets to buy at Warsaw Central station when we arrive? We enjoy walking but not sure how far all the main sights are from each other so wondered whether to buy all-inclusive travelcards if they are available (like Oystercards in London)?

Also if anyone has any recommendations for lovely Polish restaurants or anything else must-try (great food & hospitality not pretentious food &service!) then it would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

2 Answers Sep 1, 2015 at 6:53 AM
    • Train from Lublin to Warsaw

by CurryQueen Online Now Aug 24, 2015 at 4:54 AM

Hey guys Can anyone please recommend the best/official website to book train tickets from Lublin to Warsaw? Once in Warsaw, we've booked The Westin Warsaw hotel so are there taxis outside the Central station (guess that's the main station where we'll arrive)? Apparently the hotel is 5 mins walk from Rondo ONZ metro station on Line M2 - is that easy to get to/use the Metro system? Many thanks!

4 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 12:33 PM
    • One night in Warsaw

by NikkiH18 Online Now May 25, 2015 at 4:53 AM

One night in Warsaw!
      today, 12:47
      Me and my friend have booked a flight to Warsaw for one night next month to celebrate our birthdays.

We are staying in the city centre and are looking for lively fun places to go in the evening for food/drinks/dancing. We are visiting on a Wednesday night (17th june) and both female, 30ish, looking for a similiar aged crowd (nothing too young and nothing too prententious) preferably english speaking, being midweek we thought we better do some research in advance.

Looking for a good value for money trip so nothing too expensive as that was the point of getting out of London!

Any ideas of fun places on a Wednesday night, any dress codes or price information would be really helpful! Or any tips on where to stay away from!

Thanks!

4 Answers Sep 23, 2015 at 12:53 AM
    • Store selling Duffel Bags

by srr1144 Online Now May 24, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Hello, Where can my daughter purchase an X-large duffel bag? She is on exchange and living in downtown Warsaw. The zip on her duffel bag has broken so she needs to buy a new one - nothing fancy. Approx $30 to $50. She says she can't find one anywhere. Thanks

2 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 9:11 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

tours from hotel

by meeson Online Now May 15, 2015 at 2:57 AM

hi vt'ers
      Has anyone had a tour of Warsaw organised by their hotel ? They come to your hotel etc. I'm staying at the Sofitel later this year and wondered if it was worth letting them organise it for me or just to go on a regular tour meeting in the old town.
      thanks

11 Answers May 16, 2015 at 8:04 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

bars near sofitel hotel

by meeson Online Now Apr 22, 2015 at 11:08 AM

Hi vt'ers
      anyone know any good bars/clubs near to the Sofitel hotel ? will travel further afield the day after I arrive but will stay close by the hotel the first night as I don't arrive til about 7

• warsaw poland

by sanlos Online Now Mar 26, 2015 at 9:30 AM

Has anyone been to the Radio Cafe? Is it safe to walk there from Novotel Centrum?

3 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 4:32 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

best hotels

by meeson Online Now Mar 1, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Hi vt'ers

Age old question here but want to know the best hotels in warsaw. want to stay in a decent 5 star but the 4 star polonia seems to win awards all the time so might go there. seems great value as well. I know this is a boring question but would be useful to find peoples views that have stayed there.
      I travel to Poland all the time but it will be my first time in warsaw. might go in the summer or for new year
      cheers guys and gals

13 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 5:39 AM
    • HELP ! restaurant for new year's eve in Warsaw

by Maisaandraous Online Now Dec 28, 2014 at 8:08 AM

HEllo... anyone can recommend a restaurant for the 31st december in Warsaw ?

1 Answer Dec 28, 2014 at 9:33 AM