change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sharonov's Profile Photo

Hotel/Lodge near the water hole

Namibia Sep 2, 2016 at 12:54 PM

I went to Namibia about 8 years ago with a Dutch group, and we stayed in nice but not fabulous lodges, which was fine. But there was one place I want to go back to, but I don't know the name. It was built right by a water hole where the animals go every night, and the rooms overlooked the water hole so you could go out, stand on your balcony, and be treated to an unbelievable scene. Does that sound familiar to anybody?

This time I'd like to put together my own tour and avoid some of the long bus rides. Any suggestions would help.

more
    • Walvis bay/Swakopmund

by Ounooi Online Now Oct 21, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Hi! We are going on a cruise ship next week that will dock for 1 day in Walvis Bay. We have arranged to hire a car to do some exploring on our own. We are a family of 4. Apart from quad biking and Dune 7 and doing a lot of photography of the desert/sea and the birds, are there any other places you would recommend, especially for a 9 year old boy to enjoy, keeping in mind we only have a few hours to spend and have never been there before? Some nice restaurants, bakeries, historic places (our 16 year old daughter is very much into history). I don't seem to find a lot of information on Walvis and Swakopmund (apart from the big tourist attractions and tours) but we would like to explore some of the other non-touristy gems in these two towns that only the people who live there or travel there a lot know about. Thank you!

2 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 1:12 PM
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

8hours in Walvis-bay what can I do ?

by globetrott Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I will have about 8 hours in Walvisbay and there will be around 1500 people on our cruiseship.
      Will there be enough capacity for most of these 1500 to get on a tour to watch the pelicans & seals ?

4 Answers Mar 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    • Quad adventure in Walvisbaai

by EstelleGreeff Online Now Aug 11, 2007 at 12:07 AM

Whe are a group of 10 people that whould like to come to Walvisbaai, or a place in Namibie where we can go riding with our quad bikes. Whe like informal accomadation.Where gan we go?

2 Answers Sep 3, 2007 at 12:00 PM