change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Japan Winter Trip Itinerary 2016 Help

Japan 11 hours ago

Hi All!

I would like to visit japan on mid february 2017 for 10 days with my BF.
      And i want to visit Tokyo, Fuji Q, Shirakawa-go, Zao onsen in yamagata for snow boarding, and will fly back to my hometown from tokyo.
      I still confused to arrange the itinerary. But I will buy JPrail pass for 7 days, so to go to that place i will use shinkansen.

Day 1: arrived at haneda in the morning, tokyo sightseeing
      Day 2: go to fuji Q and heading back to tokyo
      Day 3: Tokyo disney sea
      Day 4: Shirakawago, I dont think its possible to do return trip from tokyo to shirakawago (or it is possible?)
      Day 5: Heading to Tokyo
      Day 6: Yamagata - Zao, return to tokyo
      Day 7: Kyoto
      Day 8: Kyoto, return to tokyo
      Day 9: Tokyo
      Day 10: Going back home

I think my itinerary is messed up, isnt it?
      Any suggestion for this winter trip?

more
    • aodreen's Profile Photo

Lavender-Go no 8 Bus

Hokkaido Sep 14, 2016 at 7:06 AM

Hi, I will be in asahikawa from 21st june to 24th june 2017. I plan to visit farm tomita and ninguru terrace on 22 june 2017 and bier on 23 june 2017. As I am not driving, so I wonder is Lavender-Go no 8 Bus available for me to travel with from asahikawa station? Or I should go with jr train then go around furano and bier with taxi? Will the taxi fare expensive? Thanks a lot. Regards, aodreen

more
    • BelsT's Profile Photo

Centrair Nagoya to Osaka

Japan Sep 2, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Hi all! I will be traveling to Japan in February 2017 with family of 5 (no young kids, all adults). Osaka is our final destination but we will be flying in to Centrair Nagoya and flight will arrive past 8pm. I am thinking we will go straight to Osaka from the airport and the cheapest option seems to be the bus. The time spent on travel is not a concern since it's already late in the evening so there's no hurry to reach Osaka. I just want to ask those who have done this by bus. Is it a good option?

Also, do we need to travel to the city center before we can take the bus as I have read on the internet? Is there a bus at the airport that goes staright to Osaka?

more
    • Luggage storage at Nagoya Train station

Nagoya Sep 26, 2016 at 6:19 PM

I need to store my luggage for 5 days in Nagoya station. May I know is this service available in Nagoya station?

more
    • aodreen's Profile Photo

Explore Sapporo City via Subway & Streetcar

Sapporo Sep 9, 2016 at 9:18 AM

Hi,

I am exploring the best option to explore Sapporo city by subway and streetcar.

Below are the places I plan to go.
      1. Hokkaido Jingu Shrine (From Susukino Subway Station to Maruyama Kouen Subway Station)
      2. Odori Park (From Maruyama Kouen Subway Station to Odori Subway Station)
      3. Tanukikoji Shopping Arcade (From Odori Subway Station to Susukino Subway Station)
      4. Mt Moiwa (Streetcar return)
      5. Back to hotel near Susukino Subway Station

Should I purchase the Donichika Ticket & Dosanko Pass below? Or should I use 共通 with you card, the Subwayenvironment (500, 1100, 3300, 5500, 11,500, child 1,100) (Including the Memorial design common with u card.) Which one is the best option? Thanks a lot.

Donichika Ticket (One-day Subway Pass for Weekends and Holidays) - Yen 520.00
      Dosanko Pass (One-day Streetcar 市电 Pass for Weekends and Holidays) - Yen 310.00

more
    • Gichuck's Profile Photo

Seven days by rail in Japan

Japan Sep 26, 2016 at 12:39 PM

My wife and I are spending seven days in Japan, the last week in October. We arrive at Tokyo Haneda early morning on 25 October and fly out of Fukuoka (to Seoul) on 1 or 2 November. In between we'd like to travel with a rail pass and visit Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara and Hiroshima, but we'd also like to see some unspoilt and perhaps less visited parts of Japan's countryside, assuming we would have time. Any suggested itineraries?
      We have both been to Tokyo before, separately and briefly, but have not seen anything of the rest of the country.

more
    • public transport from Haneida Airport to City Centre of Tokyo

Tokyo Sep 25, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Hi everyone, I will arrive Haneida airport very late evening almost 1am. Is there any public transit bus to the hotel in city centre?

Any budget hotels recommend to stay for 2 people

more
    • Japan Itinerary Recs - 2 weeks- April 2017

Japan Sep 15, 2016 at 3:41 AM

I am traveling to Japan for the first time with one friend in the first 2 weeks of April next year for cherry blossom season (we are both in our 30s FYI)

We are flying in/out of Tokyo and have 14 days in Japan. We want to do 4-5 days in Tokyo and 3-4 in Kyoto (with da trips) but open to other suggestions

Would love some ideas/suggestions for the following to help plan our trip

1) Tokyo recommendations (incl day trips outside of town)- not sure if too cold then to see Mt Fuji in April?
      2) Kyoto recommendations (incl day trips outside of town)
      3) Kanazawa - worth seeing?
      4) Any ryokan suggestions for Tokyo/Kyoto ?
      5) Hot Springs in or near Tokyo/Kyoto ?
      6) Any other things we shouldn't miss?

more
    • Looking for one special inverted house, which I found in the middle of Tokyo

Tokyo Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Hello, my name is Andreas.
      And I reall hope, somebody could help me a little bit with my question.

For about 14 years it was the last time I visited Tokyo.
      But then, one day, while I was strolling through this city, I actually found a wonderful building, which was inverted, about 10 meters high und wide with a spiky roof.
      As far as I can remember, this house was laying on one side of his roof and was maybe pink.
      But in this second point, I am not really sure anymore.

I don´t have any clue, where I found this house in Tokyo, so I really hope. anybody could give me a little hint^.^

Thank you very much in advance.
      Andreas

more
    • Time in Osaka

Osaka Sep 21, 2016 at 8:42 AM

How to spend 8 days in Kanto region for a repeat visitor. No temples please.

more
    • Hotel in tokyo or very near downtown

Tokyo Sep 9, 2016 at 2:30 PM

What are some nice hotels that are not costly?
      Anybody heard of Daiichi hotel ryogoku ?

more
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Asakusabashi Subway Station Accessibility

Tokyo Sep 2, 2016 at 3:27 AM

Hi,

I'm looking at staying near Asakusabashi Station. Will be traveling from Haneda Airport and back.
      I know that I can catch the Keikyu Airport Express from Haneda via Sengakuji to Asakusabashi Subway Station. I also know that there is an elevator at exit A1. However, I can't find the layout map for the Asakusabashi Subway Station. We will be lugging quite large luggage and won't choose this location if we need to lug them up any stairs within the station.
      Would anyone have a link to the layout map, please?

Tq! Mel

more
    • Japan & Hong Kong: Nov, Dec or Jan?

Japan Sep 4, 2016 at 6:09 PM

What month would be your favorite time to explore some of Japan, Hong Kong & Macau?

We're thinking of about 3 weeks combined. Any month jump out at you more than the other?

We do like the Christmas season and snow but we aren't snowboarders/skiers.

Thanks!

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Weather in Tokyo in September : Summer or Autumn?

Tokyo Sep 10, 2016 at 7:01 AM

Hi, i checked Accuweather. It states it will be rainy almost throughout September. Hasn't autumn arrived by 22 September?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Typhoon Malakas versus Rain Jacket and Travel Alert

Tokyo Sep 17, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Hi, i want to know whether Tokyo has issued any Travel Alert to foreign tourists that are planning to arrive in Narita and Haneda in view of Typhoon Malakas approaching Osaka and Tokyo.

May I know whether a rain jacket is advisable to be worn on Wednesday instead of buying a long stick umbrella in a Tokyo convenience store? Here in Singapore it costs around 150 SIngapore Dollars to buy a Marmot logo rain jacket. I will arrive in Narita on Wednesday 21 September morning before 12 pm.

more

Popular Wakayama-ken Travel Answer Locations

• taxi to Kansai airport

Koyasan Jan 18, 2014 at 3:17 AM

hello
      it is possible to get a taxi from Koyasan to Kansai airport ?

Bests regards

jean marc

3 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 6:36 AM
    • Cherry blossoms in Koyasan

Koyasan Dec 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM

would it be possible to see cherry blossoms travelling in the Koyasan area April 18? Thank you

1 Answer Dec 27, 2013 at 4:12 PM
    • Koyasan accommodations

Koyasan Mar 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Does anyone have suggestions for reserving a room in koyasan? I'm having a hard time finding hotels/ryokans with English websites. It appears like they only have ryokans, though I would prefer a western style hotel. I would like to be close to transit, because i will be travelling via train, as well as the major sights. Suggestions for a specific ryokan or hotel?

4 Answers Mar 17, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • Koyasan Youth Hostel reservation

Koyasan Aug 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM

The title is very explicit : I am searching on web any way to book online, the question is, can this hostel be booked online or not?
      Thanks

1 Answer Aug 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Kimiidera Temple

Wakayama Mar 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Has anyone been to the Kimiidera Temple in Wakayama? I have a couple of hours free in the city before I catch the JR to Kyoto so I wanted to visit this temple and try to take some photos of the 'weeping kannon'. However, I'm having a tough time finding out how much is the entrance fee and what the hours are on a weekday. Any help? Thanks!

7 Answers Apr 1, 2009 at 3:46 PM
    • Charter a taxi in Katsuura

Katsuura Apr 19, 2008 at 1:56 AM

Appreciate if anyone would suggest on how many hours is adequate to go around the sights at Katsuura and what is the ongoing rate.
      We will be at HOtel Urashima next two weeks from now for two days.
      many thanks

• youth hostel age requirement?

Shirahama Mar 5, 2008 at 2:13 PM

I was looking at the posting for the ogigahama youth hostel in tanabe and I wondered if there is an age restriction? there are 6 of us looking for accomodation, ages ranging from 23 to 55. Thanks Debbie

1 Answer Mar 6, 2008 at 12:34 AM
    • Kushimoto

Kushimoto Oct 8, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Hello,
      Is there anybody who lives in Kushimoto,I need somebody who guide me in Kushimoto.
      Thx

Hasan
      imperialmarquee@yahoo.com

2 Answers Oct 9, 2007 at 7:42 PM
    • Blackwater's Profile Photo

japan

Wakayama May 18, 2007 at 4:01 AM

we will go in august in japan; tokyo, yokohama, kyoto, osaka, wakayama e hiroshima. 3 weeks.
      is it easy for an european to drive in japan?? i want to rent a car in wakayama. in tokyo i will use japan rail pass.
      is there outher VT in that period in japan that we can meet all?
      i hope many so we can meet and travel together.
      we are italians ..i am borned in istanbul turkey but italian citizenship.
      thanks for the answers
      blackwater

4 Answers May 18, 2007 at 6:44 AM
    • sunflowers

Wakayama-ken Jun 17, 2006 at 5:30 AM

i heard that there's sunflower fields in Wakayama, does anyone know where exactly it is and how to go and the best time to go??

• LIST OF BARS AND NIGHTCLUBS IN SHINGU SHI

Wakayama-ken Sep 24, 2003 at 4:33 AM

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A COMPLETE LIST OF BARS AND NIGHTCLUBS IN SHINGU SHI, WAKAYAMA-KEN? MY UNCLE AND I ARE PLANNING TO VISIT THE PLACE. THANK A LOT.

3 Answers Sep 28, 2003 at 4:38 PM