Wadi Rum Travel Answers

change location
eileen1000's Profile Photo

wadi rum in July?

by eileen1000 Online Now Jun 17, 2005 at 12:23 PM

I am going to be camping for a night in Wadi Rum in mid-July. Is the heat going to be unbearable? Is this crazy to even attempt this in July? I really can't go another time and didn't want to miss it. thanks!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • RE: wadi rum in July?

by RoxannaS. Online Now Jun 18, 2005 at 11:14 AM

I've been to Wadi Rum this January and it was pretty hot - approx. 30C, so imagine July... it's beautiful though so if there's no other way, I'd suggest you go. Try also a night in the Dubai desert - it's ten times better!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • 1W1V's Profile Photo

RE: RE: wadi rum in July?

by 1W1V Online Now Jun 18, 2005 at 11:30 AM

Right now, the daytime temp is around 40°C + but in the night I guess it can go down to 30°C.
    It is bearable, moreover it is only one night !
    Take care
    L

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

RE: wadi rum in July?

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Jun 18, 2005 at 10:57 PM

The nights are wonderful at this time of year, don't miss it!

What will you be doing during the day? And are you with a Bedouin guide ? As already said be a bit careful about camping alone, you have to know where to sleep (not too near to trees because of snakes) and especially make a camp fire!

• chrisvandenbroucke's Profile Photo

by chrisvandenbroucke Online Now Jun 18, 2005 at 11:14 PM

Nights can be rather windy but it won't be too hot.
    You'll enjoy sunset end sunrise and If you stay in a genuine bedouin camp, you'll be singing and dancing for e few hours after sunset, so you'll be rather tired and sleep well, I suppose.
    And if you can't sleep, admire the millions of stars above you
    It'll certainly be a wonderful experience.

• eileen1000's Profile Photo

RE: RE: wadi rum in July?

by eileen1000 Online Now Jun 20, 2005 at 9:45 AM

Great, thanks for everyone's thoughts. I'll definitely spend a night there then - since I'm planning this trip last minute I am hiring a guide through Atlas tours to take care of arranging the Jordan leg of my trip (rest of time will be spent in Israel). I think during the day i will just do the jeep tour w/a Bedouin guide, and definitely won't be camping alone - will be staying in one of the camps nearby (not sure which one yet...). I'm generally not a fan of camping but this sounds like a great experience!

• magiccarpet's Profile Photo

by magiccarpet Online Now Jun 23, 2005 at 5:47 AM

dont worry ... while it may be hot during the day it will certainly be nice and serene at night if not windy even.... im sure u will enjoy a new experience... and its not only sand it has many nice rock formations to enjoy or to attempt to climb too. have a nice trip

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Wadi Rum