change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alisononthego's Profile Photo

boat/ferry to Kolocep Island from Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik Sep 26, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Hello, please can anyone tell me where we get the boat for Kolocep Island,in Dubrovnik? Is it near the cruise port? I believe the hotel on the island has its own boat for residents and there is a separate one for foot passengers just visiting. I have found one ferry but it only seems to go four times each day...... is this the only one does anyone know please? Many thanks in advance

more

ferry to Kolocep Island

Otok Kolocep Sep 26, 2016 at 12:45 PM

How often does the ferry from Gruz go to Kolocep Island on Sundays please...?

more
    • Hotels in Dubrovnik

Croatia Sep 24, 2016 at 6:41 AM

Can anyone recommend hotels in Dubrovnik. Planning a 2017 summer trip. Family of 6 total (2 adults 4 children). The challenge for us at times is getting all of us in one room/suite. We are hotel snobs. Looking for recommendations. Villa-Dubrovnik seems nice - but a little high in price. Any others? Near town? Would want it to be near town, with a pool and near a beach.

more
    • Sightseeing

Rovinj Sep 3, 2016 at 1:55 AM

Suggestions for pretty/cute villages/towns - circular trip of about 3 hours duration - can flex a little in duration. Depart in a couple of weeks time - not into hiking or restaurants as we have breakfast and an evening meal but recommendations for light lunches much appreciated - we have a hire car -not sure if we can take the car into Slovenia as Slovenia required a vignette last time we were there. We've done Venice several times. Not into boat trips - after the last one to Korcula

Many thanks

more

Private boat from Gruz to Kolocep Island

Dubrovnik Sep 26, 2016 at 12:56 PM

Sorry.....another question re boat to Kolocep Island...... I think we would rather take a private boat as the ferry does not have enough sailings on Sundays.... would it be easy enough to get a private water taxi and any idea of the cost please?...... Thanks a million.....we arrive Saturday 1st Oct!!!

more
    • Irina_Blyumina's Profile Photo

Where to buy fish and seafood

Dubrovnik Sep 7, 2016 at 6:37 AM

Hello. I'm in Dubrovnik now. I live in a room with a stove. When I booked it I expected to cook fresh fish and sea food but I don't understand where I can buy it. There is nothing in the nearest stores. May be there are local people who will explane me how to find this secret place. ;-)
      Thanks. Irina

more
    • Piltvice lake

Zagreb Sep 10, 2016 at 6:34 AM

I will be in Croatia around 29th November. i would like to know if Plitvice lake is worth going at this time of the year? I have read from some blogs that at this time of the year, there is nothing much too see in Plitvice lake. Please give an opinion.Thank You

more
    • Vis car hire

by strooth Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM

where do you hire cars from in Vis? is there only one hire company?

3 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:42 PM
    • Dubrovnik vs Vis Weather

by buckrodgers Online Now Sep 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I see that the weather in Vis for the next 1-2 weeks will be a max during the day of around 22 degrees and sunny:

yr.no/place/Croatia/Split-Da...

Is that warm enough for the beach and swimming, or too cold to actually go into the water?

What is the water temperature like right now?

Thank you.

3 Answers Oct 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    • Holiday help

by KatherineAnne83 Online Now Mar 18, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Hi,
      We are staying in Brela until the 28th of July then wish to spend 28th till the 2nd in vis. Where is the nicest place to go in this 'peak time' and what is the transport like?
      Unless anyone knows a better destination among the islands of vis, hvar and brac?
      Many thanks,
      Katherine

1 Answer Mar 19, 2012 at 2:19 AM
    • Where to stay, and where to go from Vis on way to Dubrovnik

by sueshearer Online Now May 20, 2011 at 7:46 AM

Hello.

We are arriving in Spilt on 2nd June for three days and plan to travel to Vis on Sunday 5th.

I would welcome any suggestions as to a nice quiet place to stay, with a beach, and some small bars, restaurants and shops.

After four or five days on Vis we need to head down the coast towards Dubrovnik, and would like to have recommendations as to where to go.

We have in mind Korcula, Orebic or Mjlet. Which would anybody suggest. Our budget is not too bad, but not a great amount!

We need to be in Dubrovnik by 12th/13th June, really.

Also is there anywhere just up the coast from Dubrovnik that would fit above description, but allow us to get bus/boat to the town for sight seeing.

Read more: World Travel Forum

3 Answers May 24, 2011 at 2:10 AM
    • Ferry from Split

by TimPage Online Now Aug 4, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Will the Split to Vis ferry and catamaran run on 15th August? I understand that this is a bank holiday

2 Answers Aug 10, 2008 at 2:39 AM
    • kia81's Profile Photo

Rent a car in vis

by kia81 Online Now Aug 1, 2008 at 3:06 AM

Hello everybody!
      I would like to know if on Vis island there is any Rent-a-Car because each time I went there I had my car with me. A friend of mine will go to Vis without car and asked me if there is the possibility to rent one, but I didn’t know how to reply.

I can remember that in Vis town the travel agency rent scooters and bikes, but I don’t remember cars.

Thanks in advance! Chiara

• Ferry connections from Vis

by Peik Online Now Jun 26, 2005 at 1:05 PM

Is there any other ferry connections from Vis, than the one between Vis and Split, this summer, 2005? We are going to Vis from Split and would like to continue to some other island in the region.

3 Answers Jun 29, 2005 at 6:51 AM
    • jbel2879's Profile Photo

Where to stay cheap in VIs

by jbel2879 Online Now Jul 21, 2004 at 12:39 PM

Hi all - Boyfriend and I will be in Vis from August 21-25. Don't want to spend more than 35/40 euros together per night (i.e. no more than 20euros pp/per night). I'm kind of picky about cleanliness. My questions are - should we book ahead of time or just go there and get offers at the port like everyone has described - and second, if we should book ahead, any tips? Thanks in advance for any tips!! Julie

1 Answer Jul 21, 2004 at 5:25 PM
    • asafuncke's Profile Photo

Accomodation Hvar and Vis

by asafuncke Online Now Jul 9, 2003 at 7:43 AM

Travelling to Hvar and Vis next week, have no accomodation booked - do you think there will be a problem? Any recommendations?

3 Answers May 22, 2005 at 9:11 PM