VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Villefranche-sur-Mer Travel Answers

change location

Transport ticket

by maryburke Online Now May 14, 2007 at 9:21 AM

I will be in Villefranche for 18 days this summer. Where can I get a ticket that will allow me on all bus transport for this length of time. Can I get a ticket that will allow me on both buses and trains. Also, when does the boat carrying public passengers stop travelling between Villefranche and Monte Carlo. Many thanks, this is a very helpful site.
Mary B

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • NiceLife's Profile Photo

Re: Transport ticket

by NiceLife Online Now May 14, 2007 at 11:00 AM

The most economical buss pass for you is the 7 day unlimited bus pass from Lignes D Azur for 15 euros. That covers you from Cannes to the West to Menton to the east.

There is no equivalent rail pass unfortunately - only student stuff.Public transport is mostly state-run and marketing is still something of a novelty to these guys. Since buying rail tickets is a major hurdle to travellers its as well to figure it all out. I have some shortcuts to infinite wisdom you might find helpful over on VirtualTourist.com here:

Nice Transportation Tips by NiceLife

Starts with buses goes on to trains.

There is no publc boat service between Villefranche and Monte Carlo. There is a tourist trip between Nice and Monaco, but its a whole lot easier to just take the train

Cheers

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Villefranche-sur-Mer