change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lvoss's Profile Photo

Music in Vienna--other than formal concerts

by lvoss Online Now Jul 18, 2016 at 6:57 AM

I will be spending a few days in Vienna next month and would like to find a restaurant and/or bar with easy listening music--even piano music perhaps featuring Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, or "quiet/dreamy" artists. Or even traditional Austrian music without the "touristy" vibe. Is anybody familiar with such a place with a charming atmosphere? Thank you in advance. Linda

more
    • Help - charter flights

by Emma098 Online Now Jul 13, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Please, can you advice me any good websites for buying charter flights? I need to buy a return direct flight from Vienna to Antalya between 20th of July and 2nd of August 2016 and its impossible to find a direct one. Thanks for your help.

more
    • how much time I need to catch a train

by timewaster Online Now Jul 11, 2016 at 7:38 PM

I have a flight from dubrovnik to Vienna
      arriving Vienna at 4:25 PM.
      Then I want to transfer to a high speed train VIE-> Dubrovnik
      There are trains leaving Vienna at
      7:25 PM
      8:25 PM

would I have enough time to catch the 7:25 PM train? I am an american citizen so would probably need to go thru customs at the airport when I arrive in Vienna.

more

Near Vienna

• lvoss's Profile Photo

Music in Vienna--other than formal concerts

by lvoss Online Now Jul 18, 2016 at 6:57 AM

I will be spending a few days in Vienna next month and would like to find a restaurant and/or bar with easy listening music--even piano music perhaps featuring Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, or "quiet/dreamy" artists. Or even traditional Austrian music without the "touristy" vibe. Is anybody familiar with such a place with a charming atmosphere? Thank you in advance. Linda

1 Answer Jul 18, 2016 at 7:59 AM
    • Help - charter flights

by Emma098 Online Now Jul 13, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Please, can you advice me any good websites for buying charter flights? I need to buy a return direct flight from Vienna to Antalya between 20th of July and 2nd of August 2016 and its impossible to find a direct one. Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Jul 14, 2016 at 1:00 AM
    • how much time I need to catch a train

by timewaster Online Now Jul 11, 2016 at 7:38 PM

I have a flight from dubrovnik to Vienna
      arriving Vienna at 4:25 PM.
      Then I want to transfer to a high speed train VIE-> Dubrovnik
      There are trains leaving Vienna at
      7:25 PM
      8:25 PM

would I have enough time to catch the 7:25 PM train? I am an american citizen so would probably need to go thru customs at the airport when I arrive in Vienna.

6 Answers Jul 15, 2016 at 8:37 AM
    • JohannP's Profile Photo

Hotel location in Vienna

by JohannP Online Now Jun 29, 2016 at 8:40 AM

Good day

We will be in Vienna from 1 July to 6 July 2016. We prefer to stay in apartments and would like to be within walking distance of central Vienna and restaurants.

I found this Apart Hotel: Starlight Suiten Hotel Wien Heumarkt. Address: Salesianergasse 2, 03. Landstraße, 1030 Vienna, Austria.

Can you please advise whether this a good location for our requirements listed above.

Regards

Johann

4 Answers Jun 30, 2016 at 8:35 PM
    • TRAVEL PLAN

by creine Online Now Jun 22, 2016 at 11:48 AM

In September we will visit Vienna for 9 days we also plan to go to Budapest and Prague But who knows Vienna and around What would you suggest How do we need to make a planning we planned Vienna - Budapest - Prague- Vienna But is the right type of route We will fly to and depart from Vienna but while we are there we want to visit other countries Can you give us idea and info about high speed trains , ticket prices..
      Thank you so much in advance

8 Answers Jul 28, 2016 at 8:42 AM
    • Beethoven/ Mozart manuscripts

by tmonzing Online Now Jun 10, 2016 at 3:57 PM

Where are original Beethoven or Mozart manuscripts open for public view?

9 Answers Jun 12, 2016 at 7:00 AM
    • Can I buy a ticket from Oswiecim (Auschwitz) to Bratislava from Vienna station ?

by memailinator Online Now Jun 6, 2016 at 10:40 PM

Can I purchase a ticket from Oswiecim (Auschwitz) to Bratislava from Vienna station ? I cannot order it online because I am travelling soon, I am not spending any nights in Poland.

Please suggest, thanks !

1 Answer Jun 15, 2016 at 1:31 AM
    • Non-smoking restaurants

by Laces Online Now Jun 6, 2016 at 5:13 PM

Can anyone recommend restaurants in Vienna that are completely smoke-free?
      How about coffee houses?

Thank you

2 Answers Jun 7, 2016 at 2:54 AM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Breakfast?

by Linse Online Now May 17, 2016 at 1:02 AM

Hi
      Can anyone recommend a good place for breakfast near statsoper which opens early?
      Also around Stephansplatz?

4 Answers May 21, 2016 at 4:23 AM
    • Vienna concert

by rspiteri Online Now May 11, 2016 at 12:06 AM

HI,
      On the 26th there will be a concert in schoenbrunn and on the site they advised that line U4 is going to be closed.
      so what is the easy way to get there from Center Vienna?
      thanks

4 Answers May 11, 2016 at 12:33 AM
    • piglet44's Profile Photo

Meet up next week?

by piglet44 Online Now Apr 30, 2016 at 4:58 AM

Hello guten tag to everyone. WE will be in Vienna May 2-9 if anyone wants to meet up for coffee, chat, or walk. We don't like to just be tourists, we like to meet locals. Have a good weekend.

1 Answer Apr 30, 2016 at 7:51 AM
    • best transport and cost

by Wendywend Online Now Apr 18, 2016 at 11:45 PM

hi landing at vienna airport what is the best and cheapest way to get to bratislava and how long does it take

3 Answers Apr 26, 2016 at 2:46 AM
    • best things to see and do in vienna

by IMReadySetGo Online Now Apr 14, 2016 at 4:07 PM

what to see and do in vienna

7 Answers Apr 17, 2016 at 11:11 PM
    • buy a suit in vienna

by JBrownstein Online Now Apr 3, 2016 at 4:38 PM

hi.does anyone know where to buy a good custom-made suit in vienna for a reasonable price?
      thank you

6 Answers Apr 4, 2016 at 8:45 AM
    • piglet44's Profile Photo

5th May public holiday?

by piglet44 Online Now Mar 31, 2016 at 1:22 AM

I will be in Vienna from May 2-9 and I have just found out that May 5th is Ascension Day and a public holiday.Does this mean that all shops and public places will be closed on that day?
      Thank you in advance

1 Answer Mar 31, 2016 at 2:15 PM
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

Good hotel in vienna with central location

by maggiefoss Online Now Mar 20, 2016 at 8:33 PM

We are planning on spending 3'days in Vienna in June. Where would be a nice hotel or a good area to look for a hotel that s not terribly expenisve and close to subways and Tourist attractions. Thanks

4 Answers Mar 21, 2016 at 2:07 PM
    • Weather in Vienna, Austria

by TheoT20 Online Now Mar 12, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Hey guys,

I will be travelling to Vienna in the first week of June 2016 and wanted to find out what the weather is usually like, type of clothes people usually wear, etc. Thanks :)

2 Answers Mar 28, 2016 at 11:09 PM
    • Transport - vienna

by rspiteri Online Now Feb 24, 2016 at 7:20 AM

how can i travel from Vienna city center to SCS shopping mall?

9 Answers May 12, 2016 at 12:17 AM
    • LynnB34's Profile Photo

Is Vienna Card as good as stated on the website?

by LynnB34 Online Now Jan 16, 2016 at 8:23 AM

My husband and I are going to visit Vienna from 2/20 to 2/27 2016 for the first time. We'll stay at Cordial Theaterhotel Wien.  I asked a question about transportation from the airport to the hotel and got very helpful responses. So I am asking another question about Vienna Card I just read about online. It seems to be the best deal for visitors, doesn't it?

6 Answers Jan 16, 2016 at 2:23 PM
    • LynnB34's Profile Photo

how much does it cost to take a taxi from the airport to Wien?

by LynnB34 Online Now Jan 15, 2016 at 6:16 PM

My husband and I are going to visit Vienna from Feb 20 to Feb 27 2016 for the first time. I have several questions:
      First, could you explain to me what the word Wien is? Does it mean downtown Vienna?
      Second, could you tell me how much it costs to take a taxi from the airport to the following address?
      Cordial Theaterhotel Wien
      Josefstaedterstrasse 22
      Vienna (Wien), 1081 AUSTRIA
      Third, we only speak English. Will we be ok over there?

Thanks.

Lynn

16 Answers Jun 10, 2016 at 9:47 AM
    • Asylum Seekers

by stozzer2000 Online Now Jan 15, 2016 at 8:35 AM

Hello,
      last summer we saw images of mass migration across Europe, with main railway stations housing many rough sleeping travellers. Is this still the case in Vienna, or has normality returned?

5 Answers Jan 16, 2016 at 2:32 AM
    • tolovajka's Profile Photo

Inexpensive dinner in Vienna on new year's eve

by tolovajka Online Now Dec 30, 2015 at 7:57 AM

I'll be in Vienna on NYE and I'd just like to have a normal, inexpensive meal - no gala dinner. Is there any chance to find some place offering a normal a-la-carte dinner on that evening? Thank you in advance for any suggestion.

1 Answer Dec 30, 2015 at 9:08 AM
    • NadhirH's Profile Photo

traveling to vienna on the 20th december

by NadhirH Online Now Dec 9, 2015 at 12:36 AM

hello, i'm traveling alone to vienna from the 20th december to the 7th january to spend christmas and new year's eve there and i'm looking for other tourists that gonna be there to share the fabulous sighseeing and the magic of the city

4 Answers Dec 9, 2015 at 4:30 AM
    • Vienna in January

by Megan2208 Online Now Dec 1, 2015 at 1:44 AM

I will be in Vienna in January and would love to get some recommendations for local entertainment sites and pubs. I really don't like touristic places. Thanks

1 Answer Dec 26, 2015 at 11:01 AM
    • Marriage proposal in New Year's Eve in Vienna

by jjferm Online Now Nov 24, 2015 at 1:38 PM

This New Year's eve me and my gf are going to be in Vienna, and I want to propose there. I'd like to make it a super special night, and propose at 12:00 right when the fireworks start.

We don't have a plan yet (we were planning to spend the whole evening on the street partying along), but I'm super open to suggestions!

Any ideas on how to make it a special night? What would you do if you were going to propose this new year's eve in Vienna?

4 Answers Dec 9, 2015 at 9:34 AM
    • Saubers's Profile Photo

Europe trip - Vienna tours

by Saubers Online Now Nov 19, 2015 at 12:22 PM

I'm going on a Europe trip next summer and we have 2 days in Vienna. The first day lets us choose between the Schonbrunn Palace or a Musical Vienna tour seeing sites associated with famous classical composers like Mozart. I've read that the Schonbrunn Palace is very nice. Has anyone been to the Belevedere?
      If Schonbrunn is nicer I thought we'd do the Musical Vienna in the morning and Schonbrunn on our own. I'm used to arranging things independently so that doesn't bother me.

The second day in Vienna, I was thinking booking something like this viennasightseeing.at/en/hop-.... Any thoughts?

2 Answers Nov 20, 2015 at 2:24 AM
    • Vienna for Christmas

by shalin Online Now Nov 5, 2015 at 9:49 AM

Hello VT family:) I would love to know what to expect and where to stay in Vienna for Christmas 2015. My husband and I are planning a hot-chocolate-meets-fireplace type Christmas and we decided on Vienna from Dec 18 - Dec 26. I would appreciate any tips on where to stay/other recommendations you have. Thank you:)

5 Answers Nov 8, 2015 at 1:33 AM
    • bkc's Profile Photo

Vienna attractions by public transport

by bkc Online Now Nov 4, 2015 at 6:37 PM

I wish to visit Vienna in May 2016. I wish to know the tram or bus routes that runs along Ringtrasse and covers major attraction sites. Is it better to take bus and metro rides or take an hop on hop off bus.
      bkc

3 Answers Nov 5, 2015 at 4:12 AM
    • Induc's Profile Photo

Visit to Schoenbrurnn Palace

by Induc Online Now Oct 5, 2015 at 7:49 PM

I am solo traveller from India visiting Vienna in first week of May 2016. I wish to visit Schoenbrurnn Palace gardens.
      Is there a main Hall in Palace, which is free for visitors.

1. How to travel from Vienna Hbf to Schoenbrurnn Palace using tram route.
      2. Suggest a Hostel at suitable place near to train station or a place conveniently accessible from train station.

Induc

8 Answers Nov 5, 2015 at 12:20 AM
    • Vienna Woods

by Shorouk Online Now Sep 16, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Hi,
      i'm planning to visit Vienna this month and interested to go to "Vienna Woods" with my friend
      do i need a tour guide to find my way there ? or we can spend our time there on our own ?

2 Answers Sep 17, 2015 at 12:01 AM