VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Vevey

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• loose_motion's Profile Photo

Exchanging money at Zurich airport

Zürich Jan 30, 2017 at 8:16 AM

I ve tried to look up the exchange rates but all the money exchangers at the Zurich airport website link to their parent company . Is it better to take swiss francs from Canada or exchange the money upon arrival at Zurich ? I will need some cash rightaway at the airport but other than that , I can wait until I get into the city and try and get a better rate to get cash for hotel and train tix .
      Is there somewhere to find out the ongoing exchange rates ?

more
    • Swiss Travel Pass Query

Switzerland Jan 24, 2017 at 11:01 PM

I will be arriving to Zurich and taking the train to Lucerne after arrival. I will be in Lucerne for about a week, including day trips. From Lucerne I will be travelling to Colmar in France.

My question is - if I buy an 8 day Swiss Pass does it include the travel from Zurich to Lucerne, all the day trips from Lucerne and the Swiss train travel part on the way to Colmar (till Basel)? I'm just asking because i understand that not all routes are included in the pass and I don't want any surprises.

Thank you

more
    • MarijaStojicevic's Profile Photo

Chaplin's world

by MarijaStojicevic Online Now Oct 8, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Has anyone been yet at the Museum Chaplin's world and at his house Manoir de Ban? Because I want to go there and I need an advice how to get it, where to stay (2 nights perhaps and no so much expansive hotel for me and my family), then how it looks like and the other advices as travel guide

4 Answers Oct 9, 2016 at 4:45 AM
    • Thungs to do in Vevey

by Olubunmi Online Now Mar 17, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Is there a wine festival in Vevey that occurs in the June/July timeframe?

5 Answers Mar 18, 2015 at 12:45 AM
    • online shopping

by xetragya Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 11:32 PM

is there an online website where ican use my international credit card and get same day delivery in vevey. I am based out of india

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM
    • are there any local yarn stores in Vevey Switzerland?

by lindahylen Online Now May 28, 2014 at 6:04 AM

are there any local yarn stores in Vevey Switzerland?

• Transport / Taxi / Funicular

by sheshemomo Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Hello,

We are staying at a flat in the Vevey area. Approximately how much is a taxi cab ride from Passage des Ateliers, Vevey, Vaud 1800, Switzerland to the Le Mirador Kepinski? Also, do taxis charger per person?

Thank you,
      Sheila

2 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 12:00 AM
    • Travel to Gruyere?

by blrobinson4 Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM

My wife, sister-in-law, and I will be staying in Vevey for a few days the first week of November. I know, not the "best" time". We want to do some day trips, and one of those we are interested in is going to Gruyere for the day. We want to see the town, go to the chocolate factory, and eat some cheese. What is the most efficient way to travel back and forth for a day trip? Any other must do day trips from Vevey? We are also looking at Montreux and Lausanne.

6 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    • Best way to get from Vevey train station to Le Mirador Kempinski

by Osan Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 6:25 AM

We are arriving to Vevey by train from Brusseles on a Sunday afternoon in 3 weeks to spend a week at Le Mirador Kempinski.
      What is the best way to get to the hotel? How far is it?
      Thank you

1 Answer Jun 14, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • winter farmer's market days

by fireflyy Online Now Jan 28, 2008 at 1:49 AM

Does anyone know if the Vevey Farmer's Market is open on Tuesdays also during the months of January and February? If so what hours?
      Thank you so much!!