change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• planning christmas vacation

Rovaniemi Nov 30, 2016 at 7:51 AM

hi
      can anyone kindly suggest or advice regarding the cost of a 7/8 days trip to rovaniemi? we are from India and planning to spend a few days during Christmas. we would like to do some activities and visit santa clause village.
      Thank you...

more
    • Action Park - Ice Karting

Finland Nov 14, 2016 at 6:24 PM

Does anyone know if Action Park is still open in Saariselka, Finland where you can do ice karting (go karting on the ice)??? The website link isn't working and we would like to know if we can book before we go.

more
    • kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Helsinki - what area to stay in

Helsinki Nov 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Helsinki and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

more
    • Anjutka's Profile Photo

How to come by Public Transport from Vesanto to Tampere

by Anjutka Online Now Jul 22, 2006 at 4:25 PM

The distance between Vesanto and Tampere is only 264 km and Vesanto is not nothing (at least it has a church, a school and a disco - I know, for the complete definition of a Finnish city an ALKO would be needed, too) and Tampere is the biggest inland city of all Northic countries and 264 km are not an exotic distance in Finland. Is there any Public Transport between these two places the way that Tampere (or its airport) could be reached from Vesanto the same day until 16:00? Please dont tell me about hitchhiking or taxi - I mean normal Public Transport as expected in one of the best civilized countries in the world. The only thing I found so far is that in a distance of 55 km is the train station of Suonenjoki where the trains to Helsinki (with changes to Tampere at Pieksaemaeki) stop every second hour - but no evidence of any Public Transport between Vesanto and Suonenjoki). But what for example are people from Vesanto doing if they want to travel either to Tampere or to the capital Helsinki on Public Transport?? Bus pages like Matkahuolto did not help me at all. Please help me! Otherwise I can not longer believe that Finland is a civilized country with an adequate infrastructure.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo

How to come from Vesanto to Storlien /Trondheim on 11 August

by lotharlerch Online Now Aug 5, 2004 at 7:48 AM

Vesanto is in the middle of nowhere, on my werb search I found that its only connection by public transport to the world is - according to the web - a bus line to Kuopio but that is definitely the wrong way because this way it would be train to Turku, boat to Stockholm and then train via Östersund to Storlien and Trondheim. Is there a better way covered by public transport? The problem is that I do not see hoiw the Vaasa - Umea ferry on 11 August (leaving 15:00) could be reached from Vesanto - or teh one leaving on 12 August at 9:00? And the ferries do not arrivbe in Umea but in Holmsund - is there any reasonable public transport right from the ferry to Umea city to reach the copnnections (with numerous changes, of course) to Storlien or Trondheim?

4 Answers Aug 9, 2004 at 4:51 AM