VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Verdun-sur-Meuse

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Catholic Cemetery

by texasnana Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM

My question is and I so hope you can help me. My brother was born and died Nov 1954 at the army base in Verdun France.We were told that he was buried in a catholic cemetery right outside the gates of the base and I have been trying to no avail to find the name of it. Does anyone know of a catholic cemetery by Maginot army base. I would be so grateful if anyone knows. Thank you so much.

Beverly Hill bjhilltx@yahoo.com

1 Answer Sep 11, 2013 at 11:30 PM
    • How Can I Get to Chatel Chehery?

by dennisfromohio Online Now Sep 26, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I am visiting the Verdun area in Nov 2010. I want to get to a small village called Chatel Chehery, about 30 miles to the northwest of Verdun. Besides renting a car, are there any other options? Is taxi feasible? Any local buses?
      Is hitchhiking from Verdun safe? (I can only drive an automatic transmission, so stick shift is out. I know renting a car would be the best, but I've never driven outside the U.S., so I am not particularly eager to try, except if there is no other good option) Is there anyone who lives in Verdun or Sainte Menehould who would be willing to give me a lift (I'd be happy to pay, of course)? Merci.

Dennis Heritage
      Mentor, Ohio USA

3 Answers Sep 27, 2010 at 6:51 AM