change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alwyzbz1's Profile Photo

Cooking in Padua

by alwyzbz1 Online Now Oct 15, 2015 at 2:46 PM

We are cruising from Venice next week and want to join Mama Isa's cooking class in Padua before we cruise...we are staying near San Marco and have been looking into the rail system to get us to Padua. Has anyone ever done such an excursion and is it easy to get to? Rail Europe from Venezia Santa Lucia to Padua seems to be pretty easy but don't want to make commitment to either rail or Mama Isa without knowing for sure as it is a $$$ excursion. Any information suggestions would be really helpful and I would be ever so grateful!! Thank you:)

3 Answers Oct 16, 2015 at 5:31 AM
    • Vaporetto tickets

by diplomats Online Now Oct 5, 2015 at 8:53 AM

I understand from the Venice website that there is a special arrangement for tickets on the Vaporetto and other public water transit for persons with disability, both a discounted per ride ticket and free transit for the person accompanying the disabled person. But details are scarce. Does disability mean a wheelchair, or is a person using a Walker (frame) also eligible. What is the cost of the "Discounted" ticket and is it correct that one is needed for each segment of a trip? Any other information about persons in wheelchairs using the Vaporetto and other public water transit are welcome.

Second question. Can anyone decipher the water taxi chart? For example, if 8 people, of whom 2 are disabled, want to take a water taxi from Burano to Piazzalle Roma, what would be the tariff? I can usually read fare sheets but am buffaloed by the one for the water taxi association.

Thanks for any help.

4 Answers Oct 11, 2015 at 7:55 AM
    • Venice to Florence, stopping at the Ferrari Museum

by firsttimer444 Online Now Sep 24, 2015 at 9:00 AM

What is the best way for us to get from Venice to Florence, but stopping for about 5 hours at the Ferrari Museum in the Modena area?

2 Answers Sep 24, 2015 at 11:28 AM
    • Nice restaurant with dancing ?

by Baddersgirl Online Now Sep 19, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Hi
      I'm visiting Venice in October and am looking for a nice restaurant for dinner, that has the opportunity for dancing afterwards ? Can you recommend anywhere please ? Is the dancing only on specific nights ?
      Many thanks
      Best regards
      Ann

4 Answers Sep 19, 2015 at 6:43 PM
    • samitbabu's Profile Photo

Abount Galleria Academia

by samitbabu Online Now Sep 5, 2015 at 1:15 AM

We are planning to visit Venice and are very much interested to visit the Academy Gallery of panting's
      Here is their website : http://www.gallerieaccademia.org/

Need information whether this is included in any of the tickets we can buy through the website :
      veneziaunica.it/en/e-commerc...

We plan to visit next Saturday. Please advise.

2 Answers Sep 5, 2015 at 2:01 AM
    • the road from Cortina d'ampezzo to Venice

by alma27 Online Now Aug 24, 2015 at 1:42 AM

we'll return our car in Mestre at noon. We leave Cortina after breakfast (after 11 days in the Lakes and Dolomites).
      The tripfrom Cortina to Venice is about 2 hours, so we have about 1-2(-3 ? maybe) spare hours.
      Any suggestions for nice places to stop and see on our way to Venice? And an evaluation of time for each of them.

7 Answers Aug 29, 2015 at 5:33 AM
    • Walk from Piazzali Roma to San Basilio port

by DebraL12 Online Now Aug 23, 2015 at 9:20 PM

We are staying at a hotel very close to P Roma, and we are boarding a Windstar cruise the next day. What do you think about walking- hubby will have a mid size wheeled bag with an overbite bag on top, and I will have a carry on size wheeled bag. We will leave the hotel about 10:30, and we would like to walk to the port, arriving around 1pm. I think it would be a nice way to see that area on our way, walking in a leisurely fashion. Am I deluding myself, or do you think this plan makes sense, and if not what would be the suggested mode of transport?

3 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 5:08 AM
    • Stairs on bridges

by RoryY Online Now Aug 13, 2015 at 7:32 AM

We are coming to Venice for the first time, next year. I am disabled, and walk short distances. For extended distances I take my electric scooter. My husband is my caregiver. I watched 'Bread and Chocolate' last night and found that the bridges in Venice have stairs; do they all have stairs; do any of the bridges have a way to get around them? Would it be better if we stayed on an island, ex: Giudecca? We were originally thinking about staying in San Croce or Cannaregio, or Giudecca. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

12 Answers Aug 17, 2015 at 9:16 AM
    • Wineries near Venice?

by RoryY Online Now Aug 11, 2015 at 11:09 AM

We're going to Venice next year. We're wondering if, for a day trip, there are any picturesque wineries near Venice you could recommend?

Thank you.

18 Answers Sep 14, 2015 at 1:44 AM
    • hiring a gondola

by Bilbo1944 Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 8:53 AM

what is best for hiring a gondola? a tour with other people or your own gondola?

11 Answers Sep 22, 2015 at 8:16 AM
    • Rick Stein's restaurants - TV prgoramme tonight

by crazymum Online Now Aug 7, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Just watched Rick Stein on Venice - drooling at the restaurant that served liver - 3 course meal for Euros 12 but there were no restaurant signs - does anyone know it - looked a fab place where locals went - neither were there any clues from landmarks

5 Answers Aug 8, 2015 at 11:56 PM
    • San Croce; or, Cannaregio district?

by RoryY Online Now Aug 1, 2015 at 1:16 PM

I was wondering your opinion, which of the two neighborhoods do you like the best, taking into consideration; moderate priced restaurants, great places to walk around, getting lost, finding 'out of the way shops', etc., we'll be there 5 days. The two apartments that I've narrowed it down to; are each in one of the two districts. Could you please tell me how far the two neighborhoods are to each other? Thank you very much.

4 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 6:55 PM
    • Where can we buy water?

by RoryY Online Now Aug 1, 2015 at 12:04 PM

An apartment manager has told me; she only has a refrigerator in the apt. rental. She also told me that the grocery stores do not sell ice. I find that odd; do any of you know if this is true? Thanks much.

13 Answers Aug 2, 2015 at 8:31 PM
    • Venice trip end of August?

by Nicolabola Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 9:19 PM

Hi, trying to plan a trip to Italy. My bf and I are torn between Venice and Florence. I've always wanted to go to Venice, so I think its a winner. My question is, will the weather be too hot and smelly around that time? Also, are there any nearby areas we should visit as well? We will spend about 10 - 12 days there.
      Thanks!

20 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 11:54 PM
    • italo train tickets ...when are they for sale?

by littlelouie Online Now Jul 28, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Travelling from Rome to Venice late December. I imagine that is a busy time and am prepared to lock in seats now. I read they are on sale 6 months in advance, but keep getting unavailable message online. Help?

3 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 12:27 AM
    • Ban on suitcases with wheels

by RoryY Online Now Jul 27, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Has the ban taken place? How do we bring in our luggage with wheels? If we take a taxi, can the taxi driver deliver our luggage directly to our apartment? Also, I'm taking my electric scooter (I had a stroke about 20 years ago); it has hard wheels. Is this going to be a problem? Does Virtual Tourist have any books on Disabled in Venice? Thanks.

4 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 10:07 PM
    • Tickets online?

by kathyvic23080 Online Now Jul 22, 2015 at 8:29 AM

Can we buy entry tickets online to Ponte dei Sospiri, Arsenale di Venezia and other places we want to visit to avoid standing in queues.

5 Answers Jul 22, 2015 at 11:19 AM
    • Mestre Vs Venice – help me please !!! MAYBE THIS TIME IT WILL SHOW ALL....

by alma27 Online Now Jul 6, 2015 at 8:41 AM

indecisionI need your advice in the following matter please:

Whoever has been  to venice by car and had to catch a flight back from Milan, what  option do you think is better?

Many hotels are fulling up already , and it's harder to get good prices for September. I have one in Venice booked (Casanova) and a niceinexpensive  spa hotel in Mestre (CSS Garden Resort), but I think maybe change the location…

(wandering   with the luggage is what worries me the most and also compromising on the hotel in Venice due to high prices, I think sleeping in a nice quiet hotel could be nice)

7 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 11:23 PM
    • Mestre Vs Venice – help me please !!!

by alma27 Online Now Jul 6, 2015 at 8:28 AM

I need your advice in the following matter please:

Stay in Venice on Tuesday night till Thursday afternoon, then get with all the luggage to the train to Milan,and then  to the airport on the next morning.  Advantages = staying in venice the whole time, paying 2 days less on car rental , disadvantages = the discomfort of getting around  with heavy luggage, expensive hotel – of a lower level than we took all other  nights.
      Second Plan : arrive  to a better level hotel in Mestre that has parking, spend time arriving and getting back from Venice by bus/train/hotel shuttle and on Thursday noon return the car in Milan/Malpensa where we'll spend  the last night before going to the airport. I even found a nice inexpensive hotel at the terminal area, so we can return the car and get by free shuttle to the hotel. And still go for an afternoon to Milan for sightseeing or shopping.

Whoever has been  to venice by car and had to catch a flight back from Milan, what  option do you think is better?

Many hotels are fulling up already , and it's harder to get good prices for September. I have one in Venice booked (Casanova) and a niceinexpensive  spa hotel in Mestre (CSS Garden Resort), but I think maybe change the location…

(wandering   with the luggage is what worries me the most and also compromising on the hotel in Venice due to high prices, I think sleeping in a nice quiet hotel could be nice)  

15 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 4:38 PM
    • best areas for family to stay in venice for 2 weeks

by prboosters Online Now Jun 30, 2015 at 3:12 PM

we have children ages 14 and 18 and would like
      to live and feel like "locals". What areas of Venice
      are best for this?

5 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 6:01 AM
    • Where to dine on Giudecca

by Jen8675309 Online Now Jun 14, 2015 at 5:38 AM

We are staying at the Hilton Molino Stucky (travel rewards = free stay) which is on/in Giudecca. Are there any restaurants that would be recommended?

1 Answer Jun 17, 2015 at 11:33 PM
    • worldcitizenra's Profile Photo

First Trip to Venice and Veneto Region

by worldcitizenra Online Now Jun 13, 2015 at 5:31 AM

My wife and I will travel to Veneto for a week beginning 19 June. It is our first trip there. We realize that we can't see everything in a week, but hope to get a flavor for what is there so that we can plan return trips in the future. We are planning 3 1/2 days in Venice followed by a day each in Verona, Bassano del Grappa and Padova. We have some flexibility on the days outside Venice, so can do side trips or stop at places in between the other 3 cities, depending on what catches our interest. Of course, we intend to try to at least see the main, customary tourist sites. However, we prefer seeing things a bit off the beaten tourist track, possibly having the opportunity to meet local people, and learn a little about the way of life of the people who live there, rather than spend all of our time just taking photos of historic buildings and tourist sites.

Any suggestions that we can get, especially from people who live in Venice and the Veneto, will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Richard

10 Answers Jun 18, 2015 at 12:36 AM
    • Travel options from Lido de Jesolo.

by K7PBY Online Now Jun 10, 2015 at 2:03 PM

What is the best service to use for getting to and from Jesolo when departing from Venice? Ferry boat or ground shuttles? Thank you.

1 Answer Jun 10, 2015 at 11:30 PM
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

3 nights 2 days

by RamkrishnaPaul Online Now Jun 10, 2015 at 1:51 AM

we are going to Venice for 3 nights in July . Please advise the best places to visit .. How we get the passes or ticket without a long Q. From were we can buy the tickets or passes?? Is it really hot summer by end of July?

4 Answers Jun 10, 2015 at 2:02 PM
    • Piazzale Roma

by travelbugau Online Now Jun 10, 2015 at 12:46 AM

We will be getting a water taxi to Piazzale Roma. We then need to meet our land taxi which will be organised already. How far is it from where the land taxis are to where the water taxi drops you off at Piazzale Roma.

3 Answers Jun 25, 2015 at 2:45 PM
    • Aqualandia Jessolo

by PuneetGopal Online Now May 25, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Is there a Vaporetto from venice to Lido di Jessolo ? If so , where & at what time in morning can we embark upon it & how much time shall it take to raech Jessolo ? How can we get a connection to Aqualandia Jessolo Water Park ? Thanks
      Puneet

4 Answers May 26, 2015 at 7:24 AM
    • footstool's Profile Photo

Venice water travel

by footstool Online Now May 23, 2015 at 4:36 PM

What is the black gondola, which takes you from Giudecca to the main islands, called? It only leaves from two or three points. I'm not referring to either the vaporetti or the "romantic" gondola ride. Mille grazie.

1 Answer May 25, 2015 at 2:43 PM
    • Palace Stiggi??

by crazymum Online Now May 18, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Somewhere recently I read about a palace approx. 45 minutes from Marco Polo Airport and the same distance from Padua. It was the Italian version of Versailles - I think it was called Stiggi or something very similar - and had 109 rooms - try as I might I can't find anything about this beautiful palace. All suggestions much appreciated. Thanx

4 Answers May 20, 2015 at 6:11 AM
    • John3554's Profile Photo

Restaurants in Venice and Florence

by John3554 Online Now May 6, 2015 at 2:38 PM

While in Venice, we are staying in the Ghetto region. Looking for suggestions for lunch and dinner in that area or close by as we aren't all that mobile; we want to walk no more than a km for a meal. Looking for mid-range rather casual restaurants. Also in Florence for a week. There we are located near the Bargello National Museum. Suggestions welcome.

3 Answers May 9, 2015 at 1:55 PM
    • ImThere2013's Profile Photo

Weather In November

by ImThere2013 Online Now May 6, 2015 at 11:44 AM

HI, Everyone! What can I expect weather-wise in late November? Thank you!

14 Answers May 20, 2015 at 6:13 AM