Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• CanadianOne's Profile Photo

Venice to Croatia

by CanadianOne Online Now Nov 21, 2016 at 9:41 AM

HI VT!

Whats the best way to get to Croatia from Venice and back.
      We only have a week in Venice, but would love to see Croatia for atleast 2 days.

thank you!

more
    • CanadianOne's Profile Photo

Venice to Croatia

by CanadianOne Online Now Nov 21, 2016 at 9:41 AM

HI VT!

Whats the best way to get to Croatia from Venice and back.
      We only have a week in Venice, but would love to see Croatia for atleast 2 days.

thank you!

4 Answers Nov 21, 2016 at 3:17 PM
    • dinner party for 80

by AnnR44 Online Now Oct 21, 2016 at 2:25 AM

I need to arrange a dinner for 80 people during the Venice Biennale next year and would like a modern upmarket restaurant preferable with views, any suggestions?

2 Answers Oct 21, 2016 at 10:53 AM
    • sheriK9's Profile Photo

is there cream or half and half available to use in your coffee?

by sheriK9 Online Now Oct 4, 2016 at 10:21 AM

please forgive my total ignorance. i use cream or half and half (half cream half skim milk) in my coffee and just cannot drink it without it. no milk for me. only cream. spoiled little american that i am. can you tell me if cream is even available for use in coffee in venice? i had such a horrible time in copenhagen with the coffee...lol. no cream was available and they looked at me like i had 8 heads. the hotel finally relinquished some cream for me after my repeated whining. (lol...just like an american, no?) please help me prepare for what i might find. i do drink tea with milk and would switch to that instead. or perhaps i need to get used to drinking some cappucino or other beverages you all might suggest. thanking you in advance.

64 Answers Oct 27, 2016 at 12:37 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Best time (season, month)

by roamer61 Online Now Aug 31, 2016 at 4:58 AM

I have begun exploring the prospect for a future trip. But I've seen many pictures of St. Marks Square totally crammed with tourists. And, I am also aware of the high water, flooding that occurs in the winter. So, what are the best times to visit Venice to contend with fewer crowds and not worry about flooding?

10 Answers Sep 23, 2016 at 4:27 AM
    • Wine Tastings/Tours

by Blathnaid Online Now Aug 29, 2016 at 5:30 AM

Can anyone recommend any local wine tastings/tours in the city or nearby islands? It's a birthday present for my boyfriend so would like something a bit special but nothing that's going to break the bank.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Sep 23, 2016 at 4:16 AM
    • Dudleygirl's Profile Photo

Marco Polo airport transfers

by Dudleygirl Online Now Aug 26, 2016 at 5:44 AM

I'm going to surprise my boyfriend with a short two night trip to Venice in March 2017 and wondered what's the best way to get from the airport to the Castello region for accommodation at la locandiera hotel after an evening flight. Any advice would be much appreciated.

9 Answers Aug 28, 2016 at 2:00 AM
    • Sunday's in Venice

by Mjpudd Online Now Aug 18, 2016 at 10:37 PM

We are planning a visit to Venice in October which will include a Sunday. Will we have a problem with things being closed on Sunday's?

5 Answers Aug 19, 2016 at 2:51 PM
    • sheriK9's Profile Photo

transportation around venice

by sheriK9 Online Now Jul 23, 2016 at 11:40 AM

if i buy a multi-day ticket at an actv kiosk, will it include the people mover, bus from marco polo to piazzale roma and the public water vaporetti?

10 Answers Jul 24, 2016 at 12:01 PM
    • Venice Tours

by outdoorjohn Online Now Jul 16, 2016 at 7:21 PM

When doing a tour in Venice, is it best to wait until I get there to select a "skip the line" tour or is it better to pre-buy a tour online? Also, any advice on what tour company to use?

3 Answers Jul 18, 2016 at 1:40 AM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

2 days Venice

by sandeepgarg Online Now Jun 28, 2016 at 11:02 PM

My daughter and 2 friends arrive at Venice St. Lucia Station on 24th July morning. They Fly out back home on 25th July late evening from Venice airport. They will be staying not far from St. Mark square.

Now please guide me to the best possible (safe) solution for them to sightsee in and around Venice.

Transport (2 days), sightsee (including Murano, Burano etc.), Evening?? All tips please.

Thanks a lot in advance, friends.

7 Answers Jul 26, 2016 at 5:24 AM
    • Ferragosto

by Niicki Online Now Jun 11, 2016 at 10:49 AM

I will be in Venice during holiday. I would like to experience the holiday as Italians do. Any recommendations on where to go under an hour travel? Beaches? Bars? Events? Thanks!

8 Answers Jun 14, 2016 at 6:37 AM
    • St. Marks bag check

by chucki99 Online Now Jun 11, 2016 at 9:37 AM

is it true that if you check a bag for St. Marks you can skip to the front of the line? I heard that they only do this for backpacks or large bags. if you have any details on this process that would be appreciated - thanks

14 Answers Jun 12, 2016 at 9:50 AM
    • theflickguy's Profile Photo

Renting a car from Venice

by theflickguy Online Now Jun 5, 2016 at 3:14 PM

We will be picking up our rental car from Hertz at Piazzale Roma and looking for anyone who has this kind of experience. We are staying near the Santa Lucia station and our plan is to walk to the PR, so we have a couple of questions: 

• Is this an easy enough walk to navigate with luggage?
      • Does it require finding the car in the parking garage or do they generally bring it to street level for you?

Many thanks!

Kelly

6 Answers Jun 7, 2016 at 4:44 AM
    • Daisylove's Profile Photo

Rialto Market

by Daisylove Online Now Jun 3, 2016 at 7:31 PM

May I know is the Rialto Market open on Sunday?

Thanks

4 Answers Jun 4, 2016 at 2:07 AM
    • Best time for designer shopping in Italy?

by CallumN Online Now May 25, 2016 at 12:02 AM

I work for a travel agency based in the Philippines and we're currently looking to set up an Italy tour which would be heavily centered around designer shopping trips at places like: The Mall, Prada Spa, Barberino Designer outlet vilage and Noventa di Piave.

We were looking to make tours in August, September & October but from what I've seen online, it doesn't seem like the best sales will be on then.

Our customers will be looking to buy bags and shoes mainly, but clothes also.

Can anyone with knowledge if this help me out?

Big thanks!

3 Answers May 25, 2016 at 7:07 PM
    • lycamobile sim

by AndrewR26 Online Now Apr 22, 2016 at 11:36 AM

Any opinions on lycamobile sim in venice?

1 Answer Apr 22, 2016 at 12:10 PM
    • GONDOLA RIDE AND TOUR FOR 50 EUROS EACH PERSON

by GLYNISV149 Online Now Apr 17, 2016 at 5:38 PM

IS THE GONDOLA RIDE FOR 80-100 EUROS DIVIDED BY HOW MANY PASSENGERS EACH RIDE TAKE? SO IF YOU ARE A FAMILY OF 4 IT'S JUST 20 EACH. AND DO YOU ADVISE TO TAKE A WALKING TOUR AND GONDOLA RIDE FOR 50 EUROS EACH PERSON (2.5 HRS) OR THATS A RIP OFF?

4 Answers Apr 18, 2016 at 2:05 AM
    • Over night parking close to Venice

by outdoorjohn Online Now Apr 13, 2016 at 11:14 AM

I will be driving from Munich to Venice and would like to stay in Venice. I know driving a car to the city is not a good idea, so is there any place I can pay to leave my car over night outside Venice so I can ride the train in and spend the night in Venice?

8 Answers Apr 26, 2016 at 7:10 AM
    • Celebratory dinner

by GitaVishy Online Now Apr 12, 2016 at 3:32 AM

What's a good place for a celebratory dinner for 4 in Venice for up to 75 euro p.p.?

Thank you.

10 Answers Apr 14, 2016 at 4:24 AM
    • Water taxi fare

by GitaVishy Online Now Apr 12, 2016 at 3:26 AM

How much would water taxi cost for 4 adults from Ca' Rialto to Santa Lucia train station on a Monday morning?

Thank you.

9 Answers Apr 12, 2016 at 9:25 AM
    • av101773's Profile Photo

Very early morning journey to airport

by av101773 Online Now Feb 9, 2016 at 4:13 AM

I have an early morning flight from Marco Polo Airport (7.15 departure) so I have to be there by about 5.30am.
      My hotel is Hotel Bauer, close to San Marco (Vallaresso).
      Can you please recommend the best way to make this early morning journey?

Thank you.

4 Answers Feb 16, 2016 at 8:08 PM
    • Architecture Biennale 2016

by Peter.S.Aus Online Now Jan 14, 2016 at 5:17 PM

I am headed to Venice in September, mainly for the Architecture Biennale. I'm staying for a couple of weeks in an apertment near the Frari.

Any suggestions for specific Biennale things would be most welcome.

2 Answers Feb 13, 2016 at 8:42 AM
    • samitbabu's Profile Photo

We got pick-pocketed in Venice, Who else?

by samitbabu Online Now Dec 15, 2015 at 10:13 AM

My wife got pickpocketed in the waterbus as we were approaching Palazia Roma.

It was the last hour of our vacation before we went on our way to the airport.

The time was a busy business hour, around 3 in the afternoon.

The purse was lifted out of the handbag and we lost around 800 USD.

We contacted the police outpost just outside the AcTV counter - nect to th Bus stop. But hardly any support from the Police.

How many else have been ? Either at Venice or in Italy ?

22 Answers Dec 21, 2015 at 3:00 PM
    • tobacco and cigarettes from venice

by abcdefghijklmnopqr Online Now Dec 8, 2015 at 4:53 PM

hi im flying from Manchester and flying back to manchester, what are the duty free prices of the tobacco and cigarettes and what are my limits coz its in the eu ??

14 Answers Dec 10, 2015 at 4:45 AM
    • alwyzbz1's Profile Photo

Cooking in Padua

by alwyzbz1 Online Now Oct 15, 2015 at 2:46 PM

We are cruising from Venice next week and want to join Mama Isa's cooking class in Padua before we cruise...we are staying near San Marco and have been looking into the rail system to get us to Padua. Has anyone ever done such an excursion and is it easy to get to? Rail Europe from Venezia Santa Lucia to Padua seems to be pretty easy but don't want to make commitment to either rail or Mama Isa without knowing for sure as it is a $$$ excursion. Any information suggestions would be really helpful and I would be ever so grateful!! Thank you:)

2 Answers Oct 16, 2015 at 5:31 AM
    • Vaporetto tickets

by diplomats Online Now Oct 5, 2015 at 8:53 AM

I understand from the Venice website that there is a special arrangement for tickets on the Vaporetto and other public water transit for persons with disability, both a discounted per ride ticket and free transit for the person accompanying the disabled person. But details are scarce. Does disability mean a wheelchair, or is a person using a Walker (frame) also eligible. What is the cost of the "Discounted" ticket and is it correct that one is needed for each segment of a trip? Any other information about persons in wheelchairs using the Vaporetto and other public water transit are welcome.

Second question. Can anyone decipher the water taxi chart? For example, if 8 people, of whom 2 are disabled, want to take a water taxi from Burano to Piazzalle Roma, what would be the tariff? I can usually read fare sheets but am buffaloed by the one for the water taxi association.

Thanks for any help.

4 Answers Oct 11, 2015 at 7:55 AM
    • Venice to Florence, stopping at the Ferrari Museum

by firsttimer444 Online Now Sep 24, 2015 at 9:00 AM

What is the best way for us to get from Venice to Florence, but stopping for about 5 hours at the Ferrari Museum in the Modena area?

2 Answers Sep 24, 2015 at 11:28 AM
    • Nice restaurant with dancing ?

by Baddersgirl Online Now Sep 19, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Hi
      I'm visiting Venice in October and am looking for a nice restaurant for dinner, that has the opportunity for dancing afterwards ? Can you recommend anywhere please ? Is the dancing only on specific nights ?
      Many thanks
      Best regards
      Ann

4 Answers Sep 19, 2015 at 6:43 PM
    • samitbabu's Profile Photo

Abount Galleria Academia

by samitbabu Online Now Sep 5, 2015 at 1:15 AM

We are planning to visit Venice and are very much interested to visit the Academy Gallery of panting's
      Here is their website : http://www.gallerieaccademia.org/

Need information whether this is included in any of the tickets we can buy through the website :
      veneziaunica.it/en/e-commerc...

We plan to visit next Saturday. Please advise.

2 Answers Sep 5, 2015 at 2:01 AM
    • the road from Cortina d'ampezzo to Venice

by alma27 Online Now Aug 24, 2015 at 1:42 AM

we'll return our car in Mestre at noon. We leave Cortina after breakfast (after 11 days in the Lakes and Dolomites).
      The tripfrom Cortina to Venice is about 2 hours, so we have about 1-2(-3 ? maybe) spare hours.
      Any suggestions for nice places to stop and see on our way to Venice? And an evaluation of time for each of them.

6 Answers Aug 27, 2015 at 3:49 AM