change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• vpas's Profile Photo

Best shops/weavers to buy saris in Varanasi

by vpas Online Now Nov 6, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Which is an authentic shop selling saris in Varanasi? I wish to buy cotton Banarsi saris that are handwoven.
      Any other suggestions regarding travel in Varanasi by local members would be gratefully acknowledged. I am there for a wedding for just two days.
      Thank you

more
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Best shops/weavers to buy saris in Varanasi

by vpas Online Now Nov 6, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Which is an authentic shop selling saris in Varanasi? I wish to buy cotton Banarsi saris that are handwoven.
      Any other suggestions regarding travel in Varanasi by local members would be gratefully acknowledged. I am there for a wedding for just two days.
      Thank you

1 Answer Nov 7, 2016 at 2:54 AM
    • best time to visit varanasi- with less crowds

by GhanshyamH Online Now Oct 5, 2016 at 12:21 AM

I want to make a trip to Varanasi during the 15th to the 20th Of January 2017.This is a holiday period down south due to Pongal. Is it a good time to visit Varanasi.Will there be more than usual crowds during this period.

4 Answers Oct 7, 2016 at 7:05 AM
    • RodolfoBrasil's Profile Photo

Hotel in Varanasi?

by RodolfoBrasil Online Now Jul 28, 2016 at 7:10 AM

TV friends
      I would like to have some indications hotels or inns with a good cost / benefit in Varanasi, close to Gaths (will travel in November)
      Thank you very much

4 Answers Aug 4, 2016 at 7:40 AM
    • What's the name of the ghat?

by GaestG Online Now Jun 26, 2016 at 11:47 PM

Namaste! Maybe somebody know, what's the name of this ghat? google.ru/maps/@25.3002118,8...

5 Answers Jun 28, 2016 at 4:05 AM
    • Guide in Varanasi

by helena161 Online Now Oct 12, 2015 at 11:07 AM

Hi, anyone who can recommend a gudie for 2 days in Varanasi? We planned to visit Varanasi 15-18 feb 2016. We will discover "all musts", temples, ghats, ganges and what so ever! The guide must speak good english. //Helena A

2 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 1:19 PM
    • IndianBackpacker's Profile Photo

Rainy season in North India

by IndianBackpacker Online Now May 5, 2015 at 1:01 AM

I'll be in India in July and August. I'll visit places in Tamil Nadu, but was also thinking about going to the North...maybe Varanasi..or don't know yet : )

Has anybody been there around that time? What about the rain/ monsoon?

2 Answers May 5, 2015 at 3:09 AM
    • smog, boats, income and junkets

by patco64 Online Now Apr 25, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Hello, I am going to India and plan to stay a couple of years, and decided that I would live in Varanasi. I have a couple of questions of course. 1. I heard its smoggy and indeed I went to google earth and Varanasi had a brown patch over it, is this the norm? 2.Does anyone live on boats and if so where is a good place to learn more? 3. I have a monthly income of about 70,000R is this enough for a mere existance lifestyle or can I afford a few luxuries on that. $. Since my visa gives me 10yrs but I have to exit every 6 months do the local expats have a system or a popular way to do this since I guess they have to also? Thank you for any info Pat

9 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 4:28 AM
    • hugobaur's Profile Photo

Tour guide

by hugobaur Online Now Jan 31, 2015 at 11:56 AM

I shall be visiting Varanasi in March and would like to hire a guide to take me around and assist me with the boat rides. Can anyone recommend a decent guide that they have used recently? Thank you!

1 Answer Jan 31, 2015 at 9:08 PM
    • Visiting Allahabad from Varanasi airport

by subrata52 Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 10:31 PM

If one desires to go Allahabad,whether Varanasi is the nearest air port or Lucknow (from New Delhi/Mumbai) ?
      Whether there is any airport at Allahabad or helicopter services to Allahabad.If so,whether it is from - Varanasi or Lucknow and whether daily services are there or not ?
      Whether cab are available from Varanasi airport to go to Allahabad by road. How much money normally they charg,,what is the distance between Varanasi airport to Allahabad city and travel time taken? Whether AC cabs are available?

5 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 4:33 AM
    • Teachers in Varanasi

by WilliamZinke Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Teachers recommended for hindi and buddhism in Varanasi.

2 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM
    • Budget stay 6 days

by nsbb.123 Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 1:12 AM

would like to bag pack travel and see
      around places neat clean simple
      affordable no frills room

Srini

3 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 6:38 AM
    • drvyveg's Profile Photo

flight kuala lumpur to varanasi india

by drvyveg Online Now Dec 1, 2013 at 5:36 PM

advise on flights from kuala lumpur to Varanasi departing and arriving the same day.
      Direct or with stops

3 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 1:01 AM
    • aksh1990's Profile Photo

Going there for the 1st time

by aksh1990 Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Hey! Heading to varanasi soon for a few days. Please help me out with what all to see there,must visit places and things to do. Also mention places that are not common/famous but you know about it somehow.

11 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 6:05 AM
    • iswaryamadala's Profile Photo

shops names

by iswaryamadala Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 5:19 AM

where can we get the latest dresses and sarees near vishwanadha temple street , varanasi..?

1 Answer Mar 30, 2013 at 4:15 AM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

When to visit Varanasi

by nattybabe Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I am looking at destinations close to Dubai which can be visited in a weekend over the summer months as I unfortunately have no more annual leave until September, and will go crazy staying in Dubai all that time.

I have found cheap and brilliantly timed flights to Varanasi and I have a couple of questions. Assuming that the weather is going to be hot and humid, when is the best time between May - August to visit? Does the monsoon cool things down at all, or just make it impossible to travel?

Any hotel recommendations also? None of the reviews are any good for any of the hotels, so is there a best of a bad lot? I don't have a budget and can stay 5 star if that is the best on offer.

Thanks for your help! Natalie

20 Answers May 19, 2013 at 3:44 AM
    • varanasi

by karthik786 Online Now Jan 15, 2013 at 8:28 AM

how to go to bydhayanathem, gaya, varanasi to allhabad from vijayawada
      how many days are required

1 Answer Jan 15, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    • Varanasi "Death Hostel"

by asaphelps Online Now Apr 23, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Hello to everybody. I've heard of a "Death Hostel" in the Varanasi Ghat, where old people go to die. They accept only old mens that are there to die. I would like to have more infos about this place, if anyone has been and knows where it is located. I'm looking also for a picture of the Hostel, if possible.
      Thanks for any help

4 Answers Nov 13, 2012 at 3:18 AM
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Varanasi room or accommodation with Ganges view

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Jan 29, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Going to Varanasi end of March. Done some research and it appears as if Rashmi Guest House is well regarded. Upon an inquiry made they quoted me about125 per night (excl taxes). This seems expensive to me. I am looking for either a room or accommodation with meaningful views over the Ganges, even if only from the rooftop deck. Any suggestions, feedback?

3 Answers Feb 1, 2012 at 3:33 AM
    • Delhi to Varanasi by bus via Lucknow

by Ang2011 Online Now Oct 16, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Hi again, anyone travelled from Delhi to Varanasi by bus -via Lucknow and any advice on which buses to take?Is it worth staying in Lucknow or passing thru is enough?

4 Answers Oct 18, 2010 at 11:57 AM
    • Best budget/value for money accomodation

by Ang2011 Online Now Oct 16, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Hi,will be travelling to Varanasi next week.searching for hotels on the net and going thru the reviews-anyone been to GanpatiGuesthouse? Any advice on the rooms type-is there any difference for eg between 1200 and 800 INR rooms? and which hotel is better Alka,Ganpati guesthouse or Haifa?Is Haifa within walking distance to the main ghats?

3 Answers Nov 7, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    • sallyannethomas's Profile Photo

Night Train Varanasi to Delhi

by sallyannethomas Online Now Feb 5, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I am hoping to travel back to Delhi from Varanasi on the overnight train but have heard some scary stories! Can anyone give me advice on train times and travel tips on staying safe on the train. Thank you.

13 Answers Mar 21, 2010 at 3:59 AM
    • bazaltar

by bazaltar Online Now Jan 13, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Hi !

Please help me !
      How I can buy ticket for flight Varanasi - Katmandu (03.2010)?
      Thank you

3 Answers Jan 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM
    • tafferx's Profile Photo

Camera in the Ganges...

by tafferx Online Now Oct 18, 2009 at 4:52 AM

Hello,

My camera took a dip on the Ganges river and I need to get a new digital camera quick - going to Agra soon!!
      Does anyone know of camera shop or electrical store in the area? Would be so much appricated. I'm looking to spend about 200 Euros on a good camera.

Thanks

• getting from varanasi to kathmandu

by melanie9 Online Now Oct 15, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Hi I am going to varanasi in jan 10 and would like to hear about anyones experiances getting to kathmandu from varanasi by bus or plane

3 Answers Oct 30, 2009 at 4:18 AM
    • edga's Profile Photo

Hostel or Backpaker in Varanasi?

by edga Online Now Sep 11, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Hello,

I'll be on Monday in Varanasi and I am looking for Hostel or Backpaker do you know any place to stay for two days?

by the way, any tips about Varanasi to see in two days we are thinking to go Sarnath and Bodh Gaya how can i get this place? maybe we stay one day in Bodh Gaya

Thank you so much in advance

4 Answers Sep 12, 2009 at 4:19 AM
    • house or flat to lease/rent in Varanasi?

by AdelineM Online Now May 3, 2009 at 7:03 AM

My family and some of our friends are traveling to Varanasi in Jan 2011 and plan to be there 6 mos- 1 yr. We are attending schooling while there, and need to rent or lease a house or flat. There will be 5 adults and 2 children total in our group, so the place must be large enough for all of us. Does anyone know a good secure resource online to begin looking at rentals so we can budget pricing? Our ultimate plan is to just look online prior to visiting to ensure we can afford to lease a place large enough, and then actually sign a lease once we arrive and have had time to look in person.
      Help in this area would be greatly appreciated!

2 Answers May 5, 2009 at 9:27 PM
    • Varanasi

by aim_jackle Online Now Apr 19, 2009 at 3:47 AM

i want all train detail on varanasi route.

3 Answers Apr 20, 2009 at 10:08 AM
    • Malaria pills???

by lilydog Online Now Jan 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM

I am traveling from Delhi to Jaipur to Agra to Varanasi in mid march for 12 days. Do I need to take anti-malaria pills? Thanks for your help.

4 Answers Mar 20, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    • Sita or Alka Guesthouse or maybe another one?

by MARCIN-ELIASZ Online Now Jan 11, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Hello,
      I'm looking for a hotel near ghat, I've read many reviews about many hotels close to Ganges and I think the best are Sita and Alka. Which one is better, do you have maybe another suggestions. Thanks for any answers.

2 Answers Jan 13, 2009 at 1:35 AM
    • Yasuo-ms's Profile Photo

How long does it take to walk from the first to the last Varanasi Ghat?

by Yasuo-ms Online Now Dec 20, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Hello,

I am thinking of walking from Asi Ghat to Gau Ghat. Have you ever walked this distance? How many km's is the walk and how much time do you think it will take?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

2 Answers Jan 26, 2009 at 3:51 PM