VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Valencia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• deemoss's Profile Photo

Palamos taxi or Transfer

Palamós Jan 13, 2017 at 4:25 AM

hi, can anyone advise my sister and husband need to get from Palamos to Barcelona airport for about 2pm, however on the bus routes / trains from Girona its all a bit messy and times make it a long connection they will have just flown from America 3 days before and wont want to be chopping and changing to get to airport. Does anyone know of a private transfer or descent taxi fare that may work? I could rent a car but too nervous to drive there, I have checked the Sarfa Bus the train times from Girona etc Thanks in Advance

more
    • roserosada's Profile Photo

Cost of high speed train Madrid to Barcelona

Madrid Jan 7, 2017 at 5:34 PM

We will be be spending two days in Madrid and would like to go to Barcelona for a day/night. How much is the fare on the high speed train from Madrid to Barcelona on a Sunday, and to which station would it arrive? thanks

more
    • dirtroady's Profile Photo

Can I get to the beginning of the trail (or any trails) in Montgó by public transport in January?

Jávea Jan 7, 2017 at 10:07 AM

So far I haven't found any buses going there from Javea or Denia. Any help much appreciated!

more
    • Single guy traveling in January

Canary Islands Jan 7, 2017 at 6:28 AM

What is the best part for a single guy 43 to travel to for January , somewhere to relax that's not overly quiet this time of year

more
    • Is this a public restaurant

Nerja Dec 28, 2016 at 4:37 AM

The Centro De Dia Para Persones Mayores in Calle Diputacion Provincial is, I understand, a day care centre for the elderly. it has a restaurant and bar. Is this open to the general public i.e. tourists?

more
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Short weekend break

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Dec 24, 2016 at 8:45 AM

Hello
      I have booked flights to Gran Canaria in late January. We arrive at Las Palmas airport 17.50.
      Can any one advise the best way from airport to the "action" Old town, bars, restaurants, bars and beach?
      Is the best place to stay Las Palmas?
      Can anyone recommend a hotel or apartment for me and a friend?
      Are there any Vters in the area between 20 & 23 January?
      Thank you?
      Jonathan

more
    • SafetySue's Profile Photo

Hotel in City Center

Barcelona Jan 3, 2017 at 7:47 AM

Can you recommend a safe, centrally located hotel.

more
    • Driving from Barcalona Airport to Denia

Denia Dec 20, 2016 at 11:10 PM

I am intending to double back to Barcelona airport (after three days in the city) and rent a car to drive to Denia where we have a time share for 5 nights.
      We will have the car for a further three weeks.
      What are the points of interest along the way?
      What are some of the highlights of the area= scenic - food- landscape photography- street photography?
      We probably will bypass Valencia and do that as a day trip when we do not have to drive into a large city.
      Appreciate some local knowledge

more
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Spain in May

Spain Dec 22, 2016 at 11:42 AM

Hola Todos .

My friends and me are going to Spain in May. Will spend two weeks in Madrid (want to study Spanish) and after that we have 12 days to see the country. Can someone help me with the itinerary? Would love to see Salamanca, Toledo, Seville. Rhonda, Cadiz, Puerta banus, malaga, granada and majorca. Don't mind skipping Barcelona but we want to see Andalusia really well. Don't want to drive from Madrid to Seville but I don't mind driving around Andalusia (Blablacar is also an option).

Happy travelling
      Neha

more
    • Autumn9's Profile Photo

Quiet area in Tenerife

Isla de Tenerife Dec 27, 2016 at 9:53 AM

We would like to escape to some warmer weather in the next week or so but we are not keen on high-rise apartments in tourist areas. I understand the climate in the north is very different to that in the south, so we would like suggestions for a fairly quiet area in the south, in a pleasant hotel, that offers walks, scenery that I can paint, and good restaurants. Many thanks.

more
    • Temperature in Mid July.

Sevilla Dec 29, 2016 at 11:32 PM

I was contemplating getting off a cruise ship at Cadiz in Mid July. It was my intention to hire a car and travel to Seville, Malaga, Cartegena and Valencia. However inquiries show it could be quite hot then even 47 degrees celsius. Is it that hot and would it be better for me to travel to this region at some other time other than July/August?

more
    • Hello! Anyone traveling to Valencia from 23 aug to 26? Or Ibiza?

by Isabela-bela Online Now Aug 11, 2016 at 9:19 PM

Anyone traveling to Valencia from 23 aug to 26? Or Ibiza?

1 Answer Aug 12, 2016 at 1:11 AM
    • TRAVEL IN VALENCIA

by amitsharmaamit Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 3:38 AM

HOW I CAN GO IN YOUTH HOSTEL LOCATED IN THE VALENCIA CITY FROM THE AIRPORT IN THE NIGHT

• MaureenO's Profile Photo

valencia airport to city centre

by MaureenO Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 8:08 AM

what is the best way to travel from the valencial aiport to the city centre

4 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    • MaureenO's Profile Photo

valencia airport to city centre

by MaureenO Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 8:08 AM

what is the best way to travel from the valencial aiport to the city centre

1 Answer Apr 21, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    • Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Anyone familiar w/ neighborhoods around Valencia?

by Pawtuxet Online Now Sep 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

We have a guest coming to our studio apartment for two months. She will be working at the Women & Infants' Hospital here in Rhode Island. She is from Plaza Rafael Ataro in Manises around Valencia, Spain. I wondered if anyone knew the neighborhood or had photos of the area.
      Thanks so much.
      Janet

4 Answers Sep 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM
    • Travel from airport to valencia

by tuersley Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 3:04 AM

What is the best way to get from the airport to my Hotel located at 46015 valencia.

2 Answers Aug 15, 2011 at 2:36 AM
    • Dada35's Profile Photo

Valencia in June

by Dada35 Online Now May 13, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Hello; 7 girls go in Valencia short trip. We prefer to stay in apartment that we are all together and we prefer terrace also. Now looking where is the best place to stay .Is it in the city center or is better somewhere at the beach. Our plan is to see the city and trying good food and drink...Maybe is even any event in the city at the time from 18 to 20.6.? Do you reccomend any one day trip if we take a rent-a-car? Thank you for answers, kidly regards!!

1 Answer May 17, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    • Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo

What can I expect to be open on a Sunday?

by Cruiseone2003 Online Now Apr 27, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Hello,

I'm coming to Valencia by cruise ship on 5June, just realized this is a Sunday!
      I will be in port from 12n-8p. I love to walk, explore, eat, drink, see the sights but wonder what will be open on a Sunday? Is Catala' spoken here in addition to Spanish?

Appreciate any advice and I'll continue to do my research, that is half the fun right?

Thank you,

David

4 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    • valencia via cruise ship

by mheidt Online Now Jan 15, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Where is the port in relation to the town. We are arriving by cruise ship for the day, so is there public transportation from the port to Cathedral area? Is that too far to walk?

Also I read that you can walk along the Gardens of Turia to the City of Arts and Sciences from the cathedral area in about 40 minutes. Is that correct?
      Thanks for the help.

12 Answers Jan 20, 2011 at 6:09 AM
    • Ciudad de las artes y las ciencias

by lovejumping Online Now Jan 15, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Hi folks I know i have to take the no 15 bus from north station however on their site it states that the bus stops "near" the complex.

Does anybody know where this stop is, will i be able to see the complex from the bus stop, do you know the name of the actual street so i can look it up on Google earth and do i get the same no 15 from the same place, opposite side of the road obviously to get the bus back to the station.

Thanks

5 Answers Jan 19, 2011 at 6:54 AM
    • Buy Fireworks in Valencia?

by ellesters Online Now Jul 18, 2010 at 2:37 AM

Hi there, hoping someone local can help with this! I'm going to be in Valencia next week and wanted to buy some fireworks suitable for letting off in the garden of a farmhouse/villa for my 50th birthday. Want a pretty display that can be lit by us, not a professional company - not just loud bangs.

Is is possible to buy fireworks like this in Valencia? I know I can in the UK but I figured it should be possible in the home of Las Fallas!

Address, telephone number, website - all much appreciated.

xx Lori

1 Answer Jul 20, 2010 at 11:16 PM
    • u00253's Profile Photo

Fallas 2010

by u00253 Online Now Feb 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM

If anyone has been or will be attending the festival, I'd love to hear from you and possibly get any pointers you have found to get the very most of the festival. I imagine most activities are in the city where the festival takes place however, I'd like to experience some of the true local cuisine and culture as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

8 Answers Feb 21, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    • Hotel

by Essexgirl35 Online Now Aug 29, 2009 at 12:51 PM

We are coming to Valencia for the first time and I have been looking at the Westin Valencia,Amadeo de Saboya, 16 Valencia. Is this a good hotel to stay in as we want to be able to walk to the tourist sights and also be near good bars and restaurants. If anyone can suggest an alternative hotel that would be in a better location,we would like a boutique hotel really. Thank you for your help.

4 Answers Sep 20, 2009 at 3:01 AM
    • traveling between Madrid and Valencia

by sandyland Online Now Mar 21, 2007 at 4:00 AM

Hi there, I am going on vacation in Spain in April...traveling from Madrid-Valencia then back to Madrid airport with my husband, 4yo and 5mo baby..do you think it would be better to rent a car and drive or use the train/public transport? which option would be least stressful? I was thinking to rent from Pepe Car rentals...If I take the train do I need to make reservations in advance?

Any advice yoy can give me would be greatly appreciated!

2 Answers Mar 21, 2007 at 1:15 PM
    • Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Valencia Spain?

by Zoester Online Now Apr 18, 2006 at 4:17 AM

I am organising a Hen Party to Valencia in SPain at the end of this month. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant for our first night there?
      There are 16 of us going so we will need to pre-book and hopefully have one table that we can all sit around together. We are staying in the city center near to the railway station "Renfe Norte" so you have an idea of the location.
      Looking for something along the lines of pizza/pasta with vegetarian options. Approx 20 Euros per head for 2 courses and soft drinks.
      Would like a restaurant with a nice friendly atmosphere, relaxed and fun. Would be good to have a bar within the restaurant so we can stay on for drinks afterwards.
      Any recommendations? Thanks!

• talulahbridge's Profile Photo

Hotels by the beach

by talulahbridge Online Now Feb 7, 2006 at 1:08 PM

I'm looking for a reasonably priced hotel near to Malvorossa beach in valencia for this summer, any suggestions? Preferably within 1km of this beach.

• paultommo's Profile Photo

Valencia to Villareal ~ MANCHESTER UNITED CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MATCH

by paultommo Online Now Aug 31, 2005 at 2:06 PM

Can anyone please post me some advice ??
      We are travelling to Valencia airport on the 14th September & returning from Valencia airport on the 15th September...We will need one nights accomodation. We will be going to the Villareal v Manchester United football match & have no idea how we can get there from Valencia airport ??? or how we can get back to Valencia after the match, if we stay in Valencia....or would it be better to stay in Villareal for the night & make our way to Valencia the next day....How long does it take ??? How much does it cost, train or bus ??? any advice would be more than welcome.

Regards all
      Paul

• best for night life

by jayfaz Online Now Jul 5, 2005 at 2:03 PM

Hi can anyone help, we're a group of 10 lads going to valencia on the 15th july any suggestions on bars and clubs