change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• curmo's Profile Photo

10 Day Trip - Algarve & Seville

Alaska Dec 22, 2016 at 7:53 AM

My wife and I are spending 10 days in the Algarve area next April. We fly in and out of Faro. I'm thinking of staying in three or four different locations and would like to do a circular tour in our hire car. It seems sensible to take in Seville. Any ideas for towns where a couple of nights would be a pleasant experience? Our interests are history, culture and moderate walking. Phil C

more
    • Suggestions while in Alaska

Alaska Jan 6, 2017 at 1:05 AM

Planning a trip to Alaska on 18feb for about 1week. Planning to catch the northern lights. Do you think its the right time? Will fly into Anchorage and will take the train to Fairbank. Will spend a few days there. Any recommended place to visit? Thought of renting a car to move around, is it a good idea? Or good to just join any tours? Will spend a few days too in Anchorage after Fairbank. Any suggestions where and its a must to visit while in Alaska? Top priority is to try catch the northern lights. Recommended place to be? Thanks and hear from all of you.

more
    • Any sea kayaking tour can carry out the Sep.29th?

by wahookuang Online Now Jun 16, 2016 at 10:32 PM

Many company reply me they close at Sep.11th.
      But we have no vacation at that time.
      Is there any sea kayaking tour can carry out the Sep.29th? Can the kayaking company make custimized tour at that time,We have 6 person.

2 Answers Jun 17, 2016 at 12:24 PM
    • Want to fish on ferry terminal for a few hours upon tour arrival in Valdez.

by LynneC12 Online Now Mar 16, 2016 at 11:20 AM

On tour. Staying at Best Western. Have a few hours on our own. Is ferry within walking distance? If not, what rate per mile can I expect to pay cab transportation? Thanks.

6 Answers Apr 1, 2016 at 1:21 AM
    • Transportation to Valdez

by slsbrown Online Now Jul 13, 2009 at 3:00 PM

What is the best way to get to Valdez from Anchorage? I'm staying for 2 weeks, so a rental car is very expensive. Is there a bus or a shuttle? Is there a bus or train to Whittier where I can take the ferry?

3 Answers Jul 15, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    • Kayaking to Columbia Glacier

by travel10000 Online Now Jul 5, 2006 at 7:40 AM

We will be in Valdez in August and would like to do a 1 day kayaking trip in calm water between icebergs. Is Columbia Glacier trip the best one that fits this description? Is it ok for someone with no ocean kayaking experience (but some lakes experience)? I found two companies that do it. Do any of you know how they compare?

10 Answers Jul 14, 2006 at 3:59 AM
    • Ferry question

by fishlady2 Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 6:46 AM

We are taking the ferry from Whittier to Valdez and am wondering how much wildlife or glaciers you actually see while going from port to port? Thought I would see what past expierence some of you have had?

Thanks

4 Answers Jan 22, 2007 at 5:41 PM
    • Columbia Glacier tour operator

by nettebini Online Now Jun 26, 2006 at 8:59 PM

I'm looking for feedback -- either good or bad -- on Columbia Glacier tour operators. It looks like there are two main operators out of Valdez: Stan Stephens and the Lulu Belle. Does anyone have experience with either of these proprietors or any others?

Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Jun 29, 2006 at 3:59 AM
    • Glacier Sound Inn

by LaurenBloo Online Now May 15, 2006 at 8:53 PM

Hi, the Glacier Sound Inn seems to be the cheapest lodging option in Valdez. Since it's just me traveling alone, I want to make sure it is in a decent area, not sketchy or anything. Anyone know of it and if it is okay?!?! Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 26, 2006 at 1:12 AM