VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Vail Travel Answers

change location
swdke's Profile Photo

Best bar/brew pub in Vail?

by swdke Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 8:02 AM

A couple of buddies and I will be in Vail for one evening. We are looking to sample a variety of best beers. What are the recommendations for the best brew pubs/bars with the best beer, or greatest variety or number of tap beers? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Best bar/brew pub in Vail?

by bocmaxima Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 8:20 AM

There are no brewpubs in Vail. Vail is very small and very pretentious. It's a tourist ski town and caters to that sect. You'd think they would put in a novelty brewpub. I don't know of any good beer bars there, but I could be missing something.

The closest brewpubs are Dillon Dam in Dillon (decent beers, very crowded) and Breckenridge in Breckenridge. For the latter, I believe their brewing operations are actually in Denver (they have a tasting room there) and I haven't heard good things about the Breckenridge location.

It may be helpful for you to look at Rate Beer's site. I use it whenever I travel in order to find the local beer places.
    ratebeer.com/places/states/6...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Re: Best bar/brew pub in Vail?

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 9:43 AM

While not quite a brew pub, I would recommend the Tap Room on the top of Bridge Street. Nice place to kick back and socialize if you are in Vail. Here is the link;

http://taproomvail.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines