change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Behi's Profile Photo

a sacred place

Uzbekistan Oct 26, 2016 at 7:20 AM

I have a off topic question from Followers from Central Asian countries, west China, or Afghanistan or Pakistan.
      would you please help me to find any myth, legend etc. about a lady who disappeared/ swallowed/ devoured in/by earth/mountain in mentioned regions?
      that lady might be a young religious lady who run away from enemies and take refuge in a mountain where yet might be religious place or not
      thanks

1 Answer Nov 25, 2016 at 9:58 PM
    • Visa for Tashkent

Uzbekistan Sep 28, 2016 at 10:41 AM

I have booked my travel with an Indian travel website and they have only taken scan copy of passport and passport size photograph. They mentioned that e-visa will be issued at the airport. Is this the right process?? Do one get a call from the embassy?

3 Answers Nov 23, 2016 at 11:20 PM
    • Nic2004's Profile Photo

Dresscode for women

Uzbekistan May 3, 2016 at 10:56 AM

Hi @all, will be heading to Uzbekistan on Monday. It's gonna be an organized tour around the country. I'm a little bit unsure on what to pack. I guess it will be hot. Do I have to wear longer trousers everywhere or is it only necessery in mosques to cover legs and shoulders? Your answer will be highly appreciated - and I would be happy for any other tip for what to pack. Thanks a lot in advance.

6 Answers May 4, 2016 at 9:06 PM
    • Nic2004's Profile Photo

Cigarette prices and brands available

Uzbekistan Apr 12, 2016 at 11:13 AM

Hi @all, how much do cigarettes cost in Uzbekistan. Are Gauloises blue available? Or should I buy them at the duty free before flying?
      Thanks a lot in advance for your answers

2 Answers May 3, 2016 at 10:32 AM
    • Travelling alone in Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan Feb 7, 2016 at 6:26 AM

Hi All,
      I'm trying to plan a trip alone in Uzbekistan during May/June. I'm 34yo male. I have the idea to move from Tashkent to Khiva or backwards. From Italy, it is pretty easy to arrive in Tashkent as I can fly with Turkish or Aeroflot. But I have a lot of doubts about how to travel internally, especially between Samarkand and Urgench. I know there are internal flights, but I read a lot of bad reports about internal flight in Uzbekistan, starting from the problem of daily overbooking and fake tickets.
      Moreover, even if I could take a plane from Tashkent to Urgench, I would like to go back travelling using some form of public transportation to save money and see the locals.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
      Ste

1 Answer Feb 7, 2016 at 1:50 PM
    • I do require Local SIM Card and Power Adaptor Details!!

Uzbekistan Jan 26, 2016 at 11:44 PM

Travelling to Tashkent in Feb'16 End. 2 Queries:

1. Since I want to be connected to my family back home, I need a local SIM with 3/4G Support. How can I get one without having local passport or friend?
      2. Of what standards are their power adaptors? UK, Euro, US. Do I need to carry an International Power converter Adaptor?

1 Answer Jan 27, 2016 at 9:30 AM
    • First time travelling to Uzbekistan, Samarkand. Is there a street called Saasi?

Samarkand Nov 27, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Hi, I'm travelling to Samarkand, Uzbekistan next month from the 18th December to 6th January. I will be there for 19 days. It's my first time going to Uzbekistan. I'm going there to visit my girlfriend as a tragedy happened to her life recently. A fire broke out in her house and her grandmother died as she couldn't be rescued in time. This happened all at night when everyone in her family was sleeping. I feel horrible and I can't imagine the pain she is going through right now. I wish I'm there for her right now. I'm sorting out my visa at the moment and just booked my flight. I plan to give her a surprise visit, to be there to support her and her family and celebrate Christmas and New Year with them.

I have the address of my girlfriend's house but I can't seem to find it on Google Map. She is from Samarkand and the street name is called Saasi but I can't seem to find or heard of any street names is Samarkand called Saasi.

My Ukrainian friend also helped me to post on a Samarkand forum but the people there don't seem to know this street name. fromuz.com/forum/index.php?s...

I'd appreciate if there are any Uzbeks here or anyone who have travelled to Samarkand to give me more information about the city so I can plan my trip as I'll be going there all alone without any clue.

13 Answers Nov 29, 2015 at 2:43 PM
    • massage in Tashkent

Tashkent Aug 25, 2015 at 12:14 PM

Hi
      Does some one have an adr where I could have a massage and the person can peak english. I used to go to a place, but no anser on the phone anymore.

• rural villages in Tashkent and samarkand

Uzbekistan Apr 10, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Is it possible to know for rural villages in Tashkent Province and Samarkand ? and guesthouses ?
      thank you :)

1 Answer Apr 10, 2015 at 9:11 PM
    • Cucciola79's Profile Photo

Trip to Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan Mar 19, 2015 at 3:28 PM

Hi all! My husband, a friend and I are planning a trip to Uzbekistan at the end of April for 9 days. Any travel tips and suggestions are very welcome :) We didn't book anything yet.

Hope to get many of messages from who knows this beautiful country!

Byeeeeee!

8 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 3:07 AM
    • Money Suggestion

Uzbekistan Jan 27, 2015 at 7:57 PM

How much money should I bring on a 5 day trip to Tashkent?

5 Answers Jan 28, 2015 at 8:04 PM
    • Travel Plan 4 Nights

Tashkent Jan 14, 2015 at 6:11 AM

Is it advisable to plan 2 nights each trip for Tashkent and Samrakand?

5 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 9:14 PM
    • jillikins's Profile Photo

LOI Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan Jul 21, 2014 at 2:36 AM

What is the best way to get a LOI and Visa to Uzbekistan for Australian living in Australian please?

9 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM
    • nostromo's Profile Photo

Has anyone used Anur Tour?

Uzbekistan Jun 10, 2014 at 7:22 AM

We are planning to visit Uzbekistan in September or October and will probably arrange everything with a local agent. Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with Anur Tour? They are based in Tashkent.

1 Answer Jan 19, 2015 at 10:34 AM
    • Yurt Camp stay?

Uzbekistan Apr 14, 2014 at 4:56 AM

My friend and I are planning to travel to Uzbekistan soon, and we would like to stay in one of the yurt camps near Nurata for a few days. However, I can't find any place online to make a reservation and my calls never go through.

Does anyone have advice on which camp to stay at, and the cheapest and easiest way to make a reservation?

4 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 10:27 PM
    • Is it safe for Female travelin alone in Uzbekistan?

Tashkent Jan 30, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I plan to travel to Uzbekistan end of Sept-Oct, 8 days, female traveling alone. Tashkent, Khiva(Urgench)flight, overnite train Urgench to Bukhara, Shrag train Bukhara to Samarkand, Afrosiyob train Samarkand to Tashkent.

Is it safe to travel alone in this country? Any tips you would give ? Is the overnight train safe, I plan to take the SV compartment, $ 80.00

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    • azmanibrahim's Profile Photo

Visiting Uzbekistan 28 Jan - 3 Feb 2014.

Tashkent Jan 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I am visiting Uzbekistan and will be in Tashkent, Bukhara, Samarkand. Tips and advices on what not to be missed while there is very much appreciated. I love local food and culture. Thanks

2 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM
    • book fligh in advance

Uzbekistan Oct 15, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Hi! Has anybody booked a flight in advance throught this web? Is possible Is it possible?
      http://www.uzbekistanairways.uk.com/

Thank you.

3 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    • purchase of laptop

Tashkent Sep 5, 2013 at 7:43 AM

what is the price of laptop?

2 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    • MuhammadH3's Profile Photo

tashkent visit in september

Tashkent Aug 17, 2013 at 3:07 AM

weather of tqashkent in start of september. which cloth to take

2 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    • travel to tashkent

Tashkent Jul 26, 2013 at 3:30 AM

whats the climate like now in tashkent and do we have to use packaged drinking water there?how safe is the place for first time trsvellers?

3 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM
    • Mountain hike

Uzbekistan Jun 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Hi! We will be going to Uzbekistan in only a few weeks for 14 days. We have not booked much in advance but have started to do some research. Besides visting Boukhara and Samarkand, we would like to do a mountain trek, ideally 3-4 days (3 nights in huts or tents). But it seems that this is difficult mostly due to the registration policy. Has anyone done a mountain hike? Does anyone know how this registration problem can be dealt with? Any recommendations of a guide/tour company or even a specific tour? Many thanks!

3 Answers Jun 2, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    • Opondili01's Profile Photo

Shopping

Tashkent Jun 1, 2013 at 1:35 AM

How cheap is it for women's clothes and shoes?
      e.g. a very nice summer dress and a pair of high heels, how much will it cost at the cheapest market or shop?

3 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 4:22 AM
    • international flights

Uzbekistan May 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I am looking to fly between Tashkent in Uzbekistan and Tehran in Iran. I can see that there is a flight but not the approximate price. Does anyone have any advice?

6 Answers May 30, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    • VISIT VISA FOR FEMALE AGE 26

Tashkent May 23, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Can someone advise how i can open visit visa from Dubai for Uzbeki Nationals ? any other suggestions much appreciated.
      Thanks in Advance,

4 Answers May 23, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    • Train from Bukhara to Karakul?

Karakul' May 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Is the train from Bukhara to Karakul currently operating? Or do I have to take a taxi?

• hostel

Tashkent May 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Hi, which hotel in Tashkent is closest to the old city and has a hostel-like atmosphere? Location and affordability are the biggest factors. Thanks

• hostels/hotels

Uzbekistan May 14, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Hi everyone, what are some nice, affordable hostels in Tashkent, Samarkhand and Bukhara? I would like to stay somewhere with a hostel kind of feel. Location near cultural centers or old neighborhoods is the most important factor for me. Thanks

• metteks's Profile Photo

Visa on arrival in Tashkent Airport?

Uzbekistan May 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I have read that it is possible to get a visa on arrival in the airport, if you don´t have an embassy of Uzbekistan in your country of residence and if you have the Letter of invitation.

Since I don´t have a embassy here in Denmark,I am very interested in this option, but I don't want to be rejected in the airport so I want to know if anybody has done this and how it worked out?

1 Answer May 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    • does someone want to visit Ferghana city?

Uzbekistan May 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Is someone coming to Ferghana city, Does he or she know about places to visit? is someone searching free accomadation? does someone want to enjoy his/her trip around the city? write to me.I'm from Ferghana city.

1 Answer May 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM