VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Uyuni Travel Answers

change location
liana23's Profile Photo

Taxi Uyuni - Pulocayo

by liana23 Online Now Jun 6, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Hi everybody!

Need to vizit Pulocayo for 1-day photographic tour, I am single independent traveller, not want any shared excursions.

What is charge for taxi Uyuni-Pulocayo? Uyuni-Potosi with stop 4 hrs Pulocayo?

Is there any basic accomodation in Pulocayo or need to return Uyuni for overnight?
Some years ago there was 2 hostel but not sure they run service nowdays...

THANKS!!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi Uyuni - Pulocayo

by AlbuqRay Online Now Jun 7, 2011 at 7:13 AM

Liana, I took a quick look in my Lonely Planet guidebook. It is dated now (2004) but it says that Proyecto Turistico Pulacayo (phone: 694-3459) organizes tours from Uyuni to Pulacayo. It was 4.50 USD for roundtrip transportation and a sandwich lunch. I also checked online. Daniel in Bolivia (danielinbolivia.wordpress.co... was there in January 2011. Maybe you could contact him. I did not realize that Pulacayo was such an interesting place. Thanks for calling it to my attention.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • liana23's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi Uyuni - Pulocayo

by liana23 Online Now Jun 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Thanks....
    Yes i read about Daniel,s travel....
    I need to know about current rates for taxi in Uyuni - need to plan my trip, i am single female so need to take care of accomodation in advance :))

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines