Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• VOA to shenzhen

Shenzhen Oct 18, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Hi, I am Indonesian. I will go to Shenzhen via Hongkong in December 2016 with my family,
      is Visa On Arrival (VOA) still available?
      Please kindly advise . Thanks.

• travel to Luang Namtha

Kunming Oct 18, 2016 at 3:22 AM

In December we would like to travel from Kunming to Luang Namtha. To save time, we would like to hire a car and driver. Does anybody know approximate cost, time of travel and possible companies to contact please.
      Many thanks

• Suzanne_M's Profile Photo

Anyang Oct 8, 2016 at 10:44 AM

i would like to go away on vacation in DECEMBER-JANUARY. i can leave as early as DECEMBER 10, 2016 and return at the latest on JANUARY 8, 2017. i would like to go somewhere SUNNY and HOT, preferably with a BEACH, and NOT (TOO) EXPENSIVE. i would be travelling alone. i am not too fussy about the destination, but a basic minimim would be nice. is there a website that has special deals with last-minute deal on 'surprise' destinations? i heard about that some time ago, but i am not sure where. thanks in advance!
      p.s. i would be leaving from MONTREAL, QUEBEC.

• Manufacturers carved wooden french style table legs

China Oct 15, 2016 at 9:45 PM

Where can I get info regarding factories in China who manufacture carved wooden table legs. It must be accessible from Hong Kong by train. I search but need more info.
      Regards Elze

• Internet and tours

Xi'an Sep 30, 2016 at 7:40 AM

I will be in Xian from 9-15 October this year. I have a few questions:
      - is there a need to configure my Samsung Note to access internet?
      - is it cheaper to use private taxi/driver or to join advertised tours on viator for two senior travellers
      - how to get to Citadines Central Aparthotel from Xian airport?

Appreciate advice. Thank you.

• Beijing Capital International Airport

Beijing Shi Sep 26, 2016 at 7:05 AM

Do you think 60 minutes is enough for international transfer in Terminal 3 at Capital Airport?
      I am landing at 12:25 and the connecting flight is at 13:25, so I have exactly 60 minutes.

• Best day trip to see the Great Wall

China Oct 1, 2016 at 6:12 AM

Hello, we are traveling to Bejiing next week for several days (I know it will be busy as it is a national holiday), but want to know recommendations for best experiences at the Great Wall. We have looked at several tour agencies, it is advised to take a tour with a guide? If so, is it possible to book the trip from our hotel once we arrive, or do we need to book ahead of time? recommendations? thank you.

• pekopoko's Profile Photo

Looking for a good Day tour to Karakul Lake & Karakoram HWY

by pekopoko Online Now Sep 6, 2016 at 11:58 PM

I am going to be in Kashgar from Sep 24 - 27 - looking for a day tour to Karakul Lake & Karakoram HWY. Any recommendations please? Or would it be better if I just organize it once I get there?

1 Answer Sep 9, 2016 at 5:56 PM
    • pekopoko's Profile Photo

Prepaid Sim Card in XinJiang

by pekopoko Online Now Sep 6, 2016 at 11:56 PM

Hi! I am going to Urumqi on Sep 21. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a prepaid sim card? (for my iphone 6 - with data plan) Thank you!

7 Answers Sep 15, 2016 at 8:06 PM
    • safe, now?

by akituma Online Now May 24, 2014 at 11:22 PM

I'm planning to go to travel in Xinjiang with my mother.
      I had already got plane tickets and can't cancel.
      I worry whether we can travel there safely.
      But I can't get enough information about them.
      How are things going?

7 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM
    • Urumqi Visa Agency Question

by HazzDude Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 6:48 AM

I need to apply for a transit visa for Turkey however, I live in Urumqi and the closest embassy or consulate is in Beijing. It seems that this application must be made in person, however it is a long way for me to travel. It turns out that if you give power of attorney (vekalet) to a person they are able to make the application on your behalf. Does anyone know of a trusted service in Urumqi able to help me on this matter?

1 Answer Sep 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • AnandG's Profile Photo

urumqi airport

by AnandG Online Now Aug 8, 2013 at 2:59 AM

I am visiting Shanghai via Urumqi. Can any1 help me with urumqi airport. is there any wifi zone?

1 Answer Sep 4, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    • football

by sidradev Online Now May 7, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Hi every one .... Can plz anyone tell me where should I go for buying stuff in urumqi if I'm a football fan .I am here in urumqi n in few days going back home but I don't know where to look for such stuff

• phoros62's Profile Photo

Khunjirap Pakistan from Kashgar

by phoros62 Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 3:53 AM

Hi all :)
      Do You know, whether due to weather conditions Khunjirap Pass is open? Is it after 1st of May, or now already.
      Do You know, whether with the Pakistan visa could I cross this pass?
      /I'm Polish union/.
      What could be the fastest time to get visa in Pakistan Consulate in Chengdu, /with the possible letter of invitation from my friend from Lahore/? Does anyone has any experience?
      Did anyone cross this pass lately/even last year/ it safe to reach Quetta, Peshawar? How long it lasts to come to Peshawar fro Khunjirap pass?
      my skype:phoros62 for any contact, or email:

8 Answers Apr 19, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    • phoros62's Profile Photo

Tajikistan Consulate in Urumqi

by phoros62 Online Now Apr 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Hi..does anybody knows any info about getting visa to Tajikistan in Urumqi?
      Does this consulate still exists? :)
      What is the fastest way to get this visa/my friend in Dushanbe could send me the invitation letter-would it help?
      I know, there is a border cross straight from China to Tajikistan.
      Is it only for local people, or can I use it?/I want to pass after 29th of April/.
      Does anybody knows, about the possibility to draw the money from ATM in Dushanbe, or should I change money in Malaysia and take there USD?
      Thanks in advance..:)

1 Answer Apr 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM
    • Airport Hotels

by olk Online Now Nov 5, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Hi, I am travaling to Thailand through China. I have long waits for my connecting flights: in Guangzhou Baiyun (CAN)on the way to Thailand and in Urumqi (URC) on the way back. I am a US citizen. Are there hotels within the airports where I can spend the night, so that I don't need to get a Chinese visa? Thank you.

3 Answers Nov 8, 2010 at 2:04 AM
    • rbakbike's Profile Photo

travel to Urumqi

by rbakbike Online Now Oct 21, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I am looking to travel to Urumqi to meet a friend (Chinese citizen). My China visa is in the process of being worked on. I am US citizen. The visa company said there may be a problem with going to Urumqi. Does anyone know of any issues currently that prohibit foreigners from traveling to Urumqi?

2 Answers Oct 25, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    • Zsaba's Profile Photo

by Zsaba Online Now Sep 1, 2010 at 3:00 AM

I was just wondering if anyone can help me with cheap accomodation in Urumqi for a couple of days and possibly to suggest a travel agency which organises trips to the sorrounding area.

• Zsaba's Profile Photo

by Zsaba Online Now Aug 7, 2010 at 3:12 AM

Hello there!

I am a Hungarian cityzen currently working in Kabul. I'd like to do a trip to uygur land. I have found direct flight to Urumqi but as soon as i'll be there i will be needing some help to do the rest.

Csaba Arvai

4 Answers Apr 20, 2011 at 1:45 AM
    • Apartment style hotel in Urumqi

by pauldwilkinson Online Now Jun 4, 2010 at 5:13 AM

Does anybody know of an apartment style hotel in Urumqi? I have a client wanting to stay several months for work.

Thank you.

3 Answers Jul 17, 2010 at 6:12 AM
    • kafayat's Profile Photo

LOI ?

by kafayat Online Now May 14, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Dear all members,
      My nationalty is Pakistani, do i need LOI for tour to urumqi, if any, then where to consult ?
      Thanks all,

3 Answers May 15, 2010 at 7:16 AM

Letter of invitation ?

by kafayat Online Now May 14, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Dear all,
      Can anybody tell me that if an individual or a couple of friends go on tour to urumqi on their own, how to get letter of invitation, a primary requirement for the issuance of visa ?????
      many thanks !

2 Answers Jul 17, 2010 at 6:16 AM

overland travel from pakistan to urumqi, china.

by kafayat Online Now Apr 30, 2010 at 12:49 PM

dear all,
      i am a pakistani national. I need to know can i travel overland from pakistan to urumqi, for a tour of 02 weeks. If yes, what is channel to contact, and how much budget is required for such tour ? thanks all....

7 Answers May 17, 2010 at 11:02 PM
    • Budget Airfare to Urumqi

by mymhkuan Online Now Jun 3, 2009 at 4:02 PM

My friends and I (all about 70 years old) will be in Macau in July.We intend to cross over to China for a 9-day free and easy trip.

We intend to fly to Urumqi from Guangzhow or Shenzen and later make our way back by land.

Please advise where we can purchase budget airfare or any other matters like accomodations and travel useful to us

4 Answers Jun 7, 2009 at 5:17 AM
    • Accomodation Urumqi

by LGG123 Online Now Apr 24, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Anyone have suggestions to cheap accomodation in Urumqi? Thanks.

2 Answers May 5, 2009 at 4:52 AM
    • london to urumqi

by paulstubbs Online Now Mar 16, 2009 at 2:48 AM

I am planning a trip to urumqi and would like to know what flights to take from london uk. do i fly direct, or to what city in china before then flying on to urumqi?

4 Answers Oct 17, 2012 at 6:28 AM
    • Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Shuai Jiao, Sambo, ect. in Urumqi?

by jshoemaker Online Now Feb 24, 2008 at 6:51 PM

I'm considering moving to Urumqi (from Austin, Texas) and would like to know if there are any grappling clubs or classes in Urumqi. I am a BJJ blue belt and would like to continue my training in at least some way once I get there.

Does anyone know if there are grappling schools in the area?

Jon Shoemaker

2 Answers Mar 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM
    • ellyse's Profile Photo

Getting to the centre of Euro-Asia

by ellyse Online Now Jun 26, 2007 at 9:06 PM

How do you get to the place near Urumqi which's the centre of Euro-Asia? Lonely Planet 2005 doesn't have a clue.

8 Answers Jul 5, 2007 at 3:24 AM
    • reputable travel agency

by anaisyu Online Now Jun 23, 2007 at 10:13 PM

Could anyone please recommend reputable, reliable travel agencies in Urumqi?

4 Answers Nov 11, 2008 at 12:40 AM
    • Silk Route

by Jie33 Online Now Jun 15, 2007 at 10:20 AM

My husband and I would be interested in the Silk route but have no idea where to start.? We would prefer 9 to 10 days duration for the tour because we plan to fly to Japan for another extend 4 days before flying home.
      This is in the planning stage and would probably do in 2009.

I have other trips to China on my mind but will discuss later.

21 Answers Aug 1, 2007 at 10:11 PM
    • Airport Hotel

by ladies Online Now Mar 5, 2007 at 6:30 PM

Sorry, I meant hotel nearest to Urumqi Airport.

3 Answers Oct 25, 2007 at 1:12 AM
    • Nearest airport hotel

by ladies Online Now Mar 5, 2007 at 6:28 PM

Can anybody tell me what are the hotels nearest to the urumqi hotel, if possible, walkiing distant.

1 Answer Apr 4, 2007 at 2:28 AM
    • barbaradangelo's Profile Photo

what can I do

by barbaradangelo Online Now Oct 25, 2006 at 9:27 AM

I'm moving to urumqi to live and work, and I'm little bit worry about the language and what i can do by myself. There is any nice place to go in urumqi?

9 Answers Nov 9, 2008 at 8:28 PM
    • Xinjiang in November - too cold / sites closed?

by amorypsyche Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 9:00 PM

I'm planning to visit Urumqi, Turban and Kanas Lake.

Is Kanas Lake closed in November?

How is the weather like in these places?

6 Answers Aug 2, 2007 at 1:03 AM
    • queenminka's Profile Photo

From Urumqi to Turpan and Nam Tso

by queenminka Online Now Aug 22, 2006 at 9:38 AM

I'll be at a conference in Urumqi, and now I'm thinking about excursions for a group to Turpan and Tian Chi Lake. Are one-day trips possible? And maybe somebody knows if excursions are offered, or would we have to use puplic transportations?

And perhaps somebody has another good tip what to do with a group of scientists?

thanks in advance,

3 Answers Sep 1, 2006 at 12:50 AM
    • Rent a bus

by stolirakis7 Online Now Aug 1, 2006 at 5:00 AM

I need help!
      How can i find a bus to rent for 11 days to make trip to Dunhuan.
      may be someone know phone of agency which have buses.
      thank you.

2 Answers Aug 4, 2006 at 12:36 AM
    • where is fubar?

by mangoman72 Online Now Apr 30, 2006 at 12:50 AM

It's come to my attention that that John's cafe has been closed for over three years. I'll be going to Urumqi on the 12th of May and would like to get some up to date information as the present guide books don't seem to be reliable. I've heard of a new foreign owned bar called fubar. Where is it and has anyboy been there?

2 Answers Jun 26, 2007 at 9:10 PM