change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vira_111's Profile Photo

Trip to Ukraine

Ukraine Nov 29, 2016 at 6:25 AM

Hello, how can Ukranian people go home from Serbia, if no with plain. If they need to cross Bulgaria and Romania they need visa for both countries or just for one, Bulgaria for example and which kind of visa they need to make and where?

more
    • Vira_111's Profile Photo

Trip to Ukraine

Ukraine Nov 29, 2016 at 6:25 AM

Hello, how can Ukranian people go home from Serbia, if no with plain. If they need to cross Bulgaria and Romania they need visa for both countries or just for one, Bulgaria for example and which kind of visa they need to make and where?

2 Answers Nov 30, 2016 at 3:06 AM
    • A visit to Lviv

Lviv Oct 3, 2016 at 7:43 AM

Hello fellow VTers in Lviv

I am going to Ukraine in a few weeks time, I'm spending a few days in Lviv before flying to Kiev for a few more days, it's my first time to Ukraine and I'm getting excited...

I wanted to ask you for an indication of how much it would be to get a taxi from the airport to the centre of Lviv. I've seen that it's also possible to get a bus (48) or a tram (9) are the bus stops for those close to the airport terminal?

Finally, I also wanted to ask you to suggest to me five things I really must do when I visit the city.

A fortnight to go before I arrive :-)

7 Answers Oct 28, 2016 at 5:47 AM
    • Travelling from lviv to minsk

Ukraina Sep 22, 2016 at 8:38 AM

Hello guys, I have just checked many sites for tickets but I can't find any price information can you give me an information about ticket prices ? Overally how much does it costs ? Thank you...

7 Answers Oct 5, 2016 at 3:54 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Do I need to register with local authorities upon arrival in L'viv?

Ukraine Aug 27, 2016 at 7:04 AM

Hello all
      I'm travelling from Poland to Ukraine for a few days but I will be staying in an apartment and not in a hotel/hostel. Do I need to register with the local police or anything like that? I'm an Irish citizen so I'm not sure really. I know that I will probably have to fill out a little piece of paper while crossing the border but I'm not sure apart from that
      Thanks for your help!
      DG

3 Answers Oct 5, 2016 at 3:41 AM
    • immigration document

Ukraine Aug 20, 2016 at 4:55 PM

Is this attached document true >?

4 Answers Aug 22, 2016 at 2:09 PM
    • Traveling In July

Odessa Jun 24, 2016 at 10:51 AM

Hello, I'll be traveling in July thru August. What food places? Flea Markets? Water parks? Any entertainment, not interested visiting monuments.
      Thank You!!!

5 Answers Jul 2, 2016 at 10:44 AM
    • Wheelchair travel

Ukraine Jun 14, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Hell
      I want to go on a trip with my dad Ukraine . My father cripple in a wheelchair .
      I want to know what level of accessibility to wheelchair trains and domestic flights . I want to go in Kiev and Vinnitsa and Lviv

5 Answers Jun 14, 2016 at 3:36 PM
    • happpymike's Profile Photo

Weather around September!

Odessa Jun 11, 2016 at 2:24 AM

Hi There,
      Is the weather suitable for swimming in Odessa, around early Septembers?
      Thanks in advance,
      Mike

2 Answers Jun 24, 2016 at 10:48 AM
    • VISA for Sevastopol

Sevastopol' Jun 8, 2016 at 8:22 AM

I'm EU citizen (Italian) and I will be in july to Odessa, I understood that if I arrive to sevastopol by boat I can stay in Sevastool without Visa for three days.

Could anyone confirm that? Till now Ididn't find any info on this topic
      thanks

9 Answers Jun 9, 2016 at 8:02 AM
    • Travel Bulgaria-Ukraine

Berdyansk Jun 2, 2016 at 7:01 AM

Hello Everyone,
      My parents are about to make a trip with their car (Bulgarian registration) from Bulgaria to Ukraine, entering in UKR from south-east, on the route Odessa-Mykolaiv-Kherson-Melitopol-Berdyansk. I am quite concerned about it and I wanted to understand what the situation in this part of Ukraine really is.
      Is it safe to travel with car? Are there extraordinary rules? Which is the safest city to spend a night?
      Any info or advice about the route will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
      All best!

12 Answers Nov 29, 2016 at 6:32 AM
    • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Driving to/from Chernigov

Chernihiv Jun 1, 2016 at 3:33 AM

Want to see Chernigov in few weeks. After that going to DME, catching the flight overseas.
      What is the best route crossing from UA to RU without waiting hours and hours on the border?

Probably driving from Chernigov to Belarus first than turning eastwards?

How fast is the border crossing there v.s. continuing to Briansk?

An other issue is the quality of the road. I am familiar (more-less) what to avoid until Kiev.
      How good / bad is the road between Kiev and Chernigov?

5 Answers Jun 2, 2016 at 12:46 PM
    • Looking for contact details of restaurant in Odessa

Ukraine May 27, 2016 at 2:36 AM

Dear all,

about a month ago I stayed in Odessa and visited a restaurant on Deribasovskaya street, which I wish to contact. It was a BBQ/Steak place on the square with all the temporary eating places in the pedestrian zone, but it was right on the street; if you stand on the street, the first or second on the left, I think. Run by a US educated Jordanian named JT. Anyone able to help me or is this all too vague?

Cheers, Paul

8 Answers May 27, 2016 at 5:30 AM
    • what are the conditions in Lugansk

Lugansk May 26, 2016 at 8:47 PM

I could really use some good advice. My girlfriend is planning a trip to visit me in the US in a month. It’s a second attempt, the first time she was turned back in Poland and told to contact the consulate to find out what documents she was missing. She is from Lugansk but her and her mother moved to her uncles a small village about 45 minutes from Ternopil just after the fighting broke out 2 years ago. We have had much bad luck in our planning and I’ve told her before we move any farther let’s stop and try to plan a bit better. Neither of us want another disappointment. The documents she needs is in storage in Lugansk. She says that due to the conditions and relations from the war postal service is unreliable at best from Lugansk. I’m a bit concerned for her safety because here in the US there are no real reliable reports of what’s going on in Lugansk. Until a few weeks ago I couldn’t find any new news from the area but now the news gives the feel of real tension in the area again. What kind of military presence is there? What are the conditions there. She says not to worry but I’m a bit worried for a woman alone traveling there. Do law abiding locals feel safe moving about. I hope that isn’t an offensive question, I just don’t want her to get there and her feel in a dangerous situation and me unable to help. She has expressed concern about needing a republic of Lugansk passport. That she has heard that she will be required to have one to move freely around. Also what about check points for her coming and leaving? Will she have trouble leaving once she’s there and will she have to get the passport of the Republic of Lugask. I’m trying to think of any questions or situations she may run into coming and going. I’ve read that people need to get some kind off a permission pass to leave once there and even then Ukrainian army forces not letting people pass. Some of what I read was just after the cease fire agreement last year I just don’t hardly know what to ask. If someone from that region or a close working relationship there could give us advice and some knowledge as what to expect for her arriving there in Lugansk and her departure back to Ternopil once she’s retrieved the documents. Also she is staying with a family friend once there. She’s not sure about cell phone service or even what to expect with the internet situation once there. We are a bit afraid of being out of touch once she’s there. So if someone from that area could kind of give us a step by step guide of what to expect. If she can’t get in and out quickly what are the service industry like there? I mean like will she be able to dine out if needed, what are the supermarkets like, or maybe if it’s going to take a bit longer than expected I’m sure she would like to meet up with old friends if possible. Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope one day I can return the favor.

6 Answers May 29, 2016 at 1:58 PM
    • Pomocub's Profile Photo

Length of stay

Ukraine May 23, 2016 at 1:26 AM

Are there any special length of stay rules in Ukraine?

Next year I could possibly be travelling there 3 times within 3 months, but at the very least travelling there twice within 2 months.

My plans are to spend 7-9 days in June hiking in the Carpathians and then returning in July/August for another 7-10 days.

Are there any rules against this?

4 Answers May 23, 2016 at 2:59 AM
    • busses in occupied ukraine

Ukraine May 22, 2016 at 2:03 PM

i would like to know if the busses are running fro lugansk to karkiv??? TY

2 Answers May 23, 2016 at 9:07 AM
    • Prices for top brands

Kiev Apr 25, 2016 at 7:03 AM

I would like to know the prices for top brands, like Polo ralph lauren or Lacoste in Kiev, compared to other places in Europe and also in Nike and Adisas shops.
      Thank you.

3 Answers Jun 24, 2016 at 10:44 AM

From airport

Kiev Apr 25, 2016 at 3:10 AM

Can someone tell me what bus I need to get from the airport to the main train station in Kiev? So I can then get the metro to Maidan.

I did this once before but nearly 10 years ago and I can't remember what bus I got and where I got it from.

I will be landing at Borispyl.

2 Answers Apr 25, 2016 at 7:09 AM
    • Zhulhany to Borispol

Kiev Apr 17, 2016 at 10:43 PM

I need to transfer between the airports using public transport/taxi. How much time (and money) do I need for bus/train or taxi?

4 Answers Apr 22, 2016 at 5:38 AM
    • Odesa or Chernivtsi

Ukraine Apr 13, 2016 at 7:30 AM

Dear members of the Ukraine forum,

In may i will be visiting Ukraine. I will be entering the country in Lviv (night train from Krakow) and leaving from Kiev. I have 2/3 days between and i am thinking about the following options.

1. I take the night train from Lviv to Chernivtsi. I stay one day in this day and the other day i will visit the castles of Chotyn and Kamianets-Podilskyi. I wil take the night train from the last town to Kiev. A upside is that Chernivtsi is famous and  dubbed little Vienna and has 2 famous castles in surrounding villages. But  the problem is that i don't speak language and fear that i got difficulties with navigating (busses and trains). Also this plan will include a lot traveling with a bag.

2. I take a night train to Odesa, famous of the potemkin steps but is more of a beach-party city and is close to the Crimea. I am wondering of there is a lot of history sights and i fear that it would overcrowded with tourists.   I am a history student so i like culture and old buildings.

From either odesa or Kamyanets-podilsky i take the night train to kiev. What's the better option? (I travel alone)

7 Answers Apr 15, 2016 at 1:10 AM
    • What is needed to travel from Ukraine?

Ukraine Apr 13, 2016 at 3:28 AM

I would like to know what is needed for an Ukraine citizen to travel abroad. If an Ukraine Citizen wants to go spend a week in the Domincan Republic, what is required by Ukraine authorities at Kiev Airport?

1. Can flight tickets be printed out and taken to airport or do they have to be issued only by a travel agency in Ukraine? Asking because I am buying it for a friend in Ukraine and I live in the US.

2. Is health insurance for the duration of the trip required?

3. Is proof of hotel reservation in Dominican Republic required?

Do authorities in Ukraine these things?

Thanks.

25 Answers Apr 28, 2016 at 6:04 AM
    • 90 year old senior male travels solo

Odessa Apr 12, 2016 at 8:58 PM

Odessa and Tbilisi. Senior man travels alone. Safe? Travel agents, hotels. Any and all information appreciated. Thanks Kimo

4 Answers Apr 13, 2016 at 2:09 AM
    • TRAVEL TO DONEZK

Luhansk Apr 2, 2016 at 2:20 PM

IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRAVEL TO DONEZK FROM UKRAINA AND WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS

1 Answer Jul 4, 2016 at 5:26 PM
    • Kenny-O's Profile Photo

Kharkiv Flea Market?

Kharkiv Apr 1, 2016 at 1:51 AM

Hello hello, we are planning to do Ukraine trip in June/ July.
      I looove flea markets and have seen on the Internet that there should be a large flea market in Kharkiv. With "flea market" I mean a market where locals sell second hand goods - no touristy antiques market or new goods market :). If anybody could help me out with: if, where, what day, what time a flea market take place in Kharkiv, I would be super grateful :)

Many thanks in advance!

5 Answers Jul 1, 2016 at 7:17 AM
    • Kenny-O's Profile Photo

Odessa Flea Market?

Odessa Apr 1, 2016 at 1:48 AM

Hello hello, we are planning to do Ukraine trip in June/ July.
      I looove flea markets and have seen on the Internet that there should be a large flea market in Odessa. With "flea market" I mean a market where locals sell second hand goods - no touristy antiques market or new goods market :). If anybody could help me out with: if, where, what day, what time a flea market take place in Odessa, I would be super grateful :)

Many thanks in advance!

4 Answers Apr 1, 2016 at 7:05 AM

Carpathians Walking/Hiking/Trekking Tours

Ukraine Mar 28, 2016 at 8:27 AM

I would like to join a hiking/trekking/walking group tour in the Ukrainian Carpathians Mountains. Does anyone know which companies offer guided tours?

Me and my friend would like to trek in the mountains but do not want to trek alone and would like to have a real guide from a legitimate company who knows the area.

5 Answers Apr 8, 2016 at 1:53 AM
    • 2 weeks in may

Ukraine Mar 14, 2016 at 7:31 PM

is 2 weeks enough time to see kiev odessa lviv.in what order ?i actually speak ukrainian.i ve never been there.mike

4 Answers Mar 15, 2016 at 12:22 PM
    • 19ghost73's Profile Photo

2 weeks in Zaporizhzya/Zaporozhye city: Cultural activities?

Zaporizhzhya Mar 14, 2016 at 4:24 AM

Hello / Privet ZAP-locals,

I will be in Zaporizhzhya/Zaporozhye-city for 2 full weeks (mid of March to start of April).
      Anyone interested to meet there and do some cultural activities together?
      I speak German, English and Russian.

Kind regards / C Yvashenje,
      Gereon "Manfredwich"

• Study Japanese in Japan

Ukraine Feb 27, 2016 at 5:57 AM

Is it possible to obtain a student visa to study Japanese in Japan by a Ukrainian citizen? If so then what is the best way to go about it? Thank you.

2 Answers Feb 27, 2016 at 6:33 AM
    • address of restaurant

Luhansk Feb 20, 2016 at 11:53 PM

I'm looking for a restaurant in Luhansk
      called Anejinka .
      Does someone knows ?
      Thank you for answer.

4 Answers Feb 22, 2016 at 12:25 AM
    • is kharkiv safe

Kharkiv Feb 18, 2016 at 5:13 PM

Is Kharkov safe for travel apart from the obvious big city threats of theft, scams etc, but safe for extremist threats, rallys ect
      Frank

3 Answers Feb 19, 2016 at 12:31 AM