change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• LouiseTopp's Profile Photo

Sally Lunns

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Is this far from the railway station please?

more
    • London Reconstructing of Big Ben

London Nov 27, 2016 at 11:14 PM

Hi all,
      I will be heading to London for the first time in Feb 2017.
      News had mention that the reconstructing of Big Ben will start in early 2017. The last news available was in April 2017 about the works. I have also read the FAQ at the parliament website but they do not really have an indicative date.
      Read that scaffolding will take 4-6 months to build. Not sure if the view in Feb will be much effected. Saw google images of the tower with scaffolding and it's not a very pretty sight. :(
      Anyone knows of any news of the work schedule or any comments much appreciated.

more
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

London Gatwick changes

London Nov 25, 2016 at 10:24 AM

I have posted this on the TRAVEL ALERTS section here on VT but don't know if there is any other place to post.

From the 25th January 2017
      These changes take place at London Gatwick
      British Airways will operate from South Terminal
      Easyjet and Virgin will operate from the North Terminal.

Found this when I tried to book parking at Gatwick's aiport and this warning came up.

Feel free to move to any appropriate section

more
    • TERMINAL TRANSFER

Heathrow Nov 24, 2016 at 2:05 AM

I am travelling from Delhi to Terminal2 I have to get my complete luggage and then go to Terminal 3 for check IS this possible or I have to get visa

more
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Bus service

Carlisle Nov 22, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Is there a bus service from Court Square ( or nearby ) to The Sands Centre ( or near ). I can't seem to find what I'm looking for on the internet

more
    • Leeds, Temple Newsam, where to stay

Leeds Nov 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM

I plan to drive from the Scottish Borders, stopping at Hadrian's Wall then to Leeds where I'd spend one night then visit Temple Newsam the following morning.

Can anyone recommend a pleasant b&b near TN?

Is Temple Newsam in the city, a suburb or rural area? I'd like to stay in a less populated area.

I haven't been able to learn much on the net. Is Wakefield convenient to TN?

Thanks!

more
    • Best area to stay

London Nov 17, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Which area is the best location and most convenient to stay? Traveling with my husband and 8 year old! Want to be somewhat close to all the sightseeing! TIA!

more
    • Tax free shopping

Heathrow Nov 5, 2016 at 5:53 PM

I have purchased some stuff from the UK and have tax free shopping forms that I have filled.
      But in order to get the tax I need to show the goods to the customs officer. As I would have checked in my luggage. How is it possible?
      Can I go through customs before checking in the luggage.

I will be departing from terminal 4

more
    • Oyster or contactless

London Nov 20, 2016 at 10:39 AM

is there any advantage to buying the oyster cards or is using concatless cards just the same.

more
    • Best area to stay

London Nov 17, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Which area is the best location and most convenient to stay? Traveling with my husband and 8 year old! Want to be somewhat close to all the sightseeing! TIA!

more
    • Transit visa

England Nov 5, 2016 at 11:14 PM

Good day.My family (live in Tallinn) is flying on vacation in January on Gran Canaria in transit through London( 6 hours at Luton airport) and back through Leeds (5 hours)
      My daughter has a European passport(11 years) and me and my wife of the Estonian alien's passport.
      We need transit visas? and how to make them? Thank you in advance for the answer

more
    • London Travel

London Yesterday

Hello Good Day. I am travelling to London for a day on 24th Dec. Can you please let me know:
      1. What ticket can I purchase for a days journey from Heathrow 5 to central London which would work on trains and buses for the day.
      2. Can I purchase the ticket at Heathrow Terminal 5
      3. How much will it cost and can i use credit card issued internationally.
      4.. Are there any timings restrictions for trains or buses as it is a Saturday and Christmas eve.
      Thank you for your help. Best Regards.

more

The Royal Crescent

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Hi is this museum easy to find from the railway station, also how much time does it take to get round?

more
    • Cheap accommodation near London

London Nov 24, 2016 at 11:47 AM

Hello! I'm travelling to London this Saturday, but I don't have a place to stay yet. I will be in London for 1 month and I was wondering if you recommend any location near London where it might be cheaper, or if you know of any Web page in which people offer rooms for short term accommodation. Thank you so much!

more
    • Family attractions

London Nov 20, 2016 at 10:43 AM

I need to keep two young children and 3 young adults entertained.

I´ve book tussauds and the london eye. We are hoping to go to Winterwonderland and see Buckinhgam palace. Are there any must sees or child freindly activities.

more

Weatherspoons

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Is there one in Bath please?

more
    • Luggage storage on departure day .

London Nov 21, 2016 at 7:50 PM

The accommodation we have booked dont have luggage storage facilities on our departure day. We check out at 10 and have a train booked for 4. I've checked at the train station and the cost is £87. ( 1 case and 6x Hand luggage) is this my only option? We were hoping to use our last day to visit winter wonderland .

more
    • visiting highclere castle from london

London Nov 18, 2016 at 2:11 PM

best way to get to HIghclere Castle from London. I was going to take a tour from London but they all include other stops for a full day. I'd just like to go to the castle and gardens. Any thoughts

more
    • Best area to stay in London

London Yesterday

My sister and I are heading to London in January for a week before starting a tour through Europe. We have never been to London before so we want to see as much as we can eg. West End, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, British Musuem. Just wondering what suburbs would be the best to stay in- close to the action and/or close to public transport?
      We would be wanting to stay in hotels (but not super expensive ones).
      Thanks for your help!

more
    • baileypowell's Profile Photo

London & Ireland for 2 Weeks - Seeking Advice

London Nov 20, 2016 at 3:28 PM

My husband and I are thinking of doing this trip next summer (likely mid-July or early August).

We want to spend 2 weeks: 1 week in/around London then 1 week for Ireland including travel time.

We have lots we want to do in London - I am a huge British monarchy & literary history buff, plus we have some family in Suffolk so I feel like we have enough to occupy us there for a week. Then we were thinking of doing the rail & sail through Wales to Dublin and renting a car in Dublin to cruise around a bit for 5 days. We'd like to stay in Dublin a few nights, want to visit Blarney Castle, the Cliffs of Moher, maybe drive the Wild Atlantic Way, and stay in Galway as well. We'd then have to head back to London as I'm sure it will be cheaper to fly in/out of there.

Does this sound like a feasible trip? Any recommendations you can offer for the Ireland leg - that itinerary is just based on the very basic things I know about Ireland, obviously, so very open to hearing what you all think! Any suggestions for things to do in London, too, are appreciated.

We are planning on getting an airbnb outside the city centre for London and also wondering about affordability of lodgings in Dublin/Galway. Thanks!

more
    • stella-artois's Profile Photo

Helpful advice

London Nov 26, 2016 at 10:08 AM

What is the least expensive and best time to try and send my parents to London?

more
    • Any suggestions

London Nov 18, 2016 at 1:19 PM

Im visiting London soon. We are a family of 7 , 4 kids 2 x19, 17, 8 and 7. We are staying on tower bridge road. Hopefully visiting London eye, buckingham palace, hyde park, Tower bridge and Tusaudes and hoping to see the sky gardens too.
      Can anyone offer local info on places to eat on tower bridge road. We´ll probablly need to be near the apartment early evening for the younger children.

Also is transport easy from tower bridge road into the centre ? Is it easy enough to get 2 x cabs to take us into the centre or will we need to get a bus to the local tube station.

Any info or tips will be muchly appreciated.

more
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

December visit

London Nov 21, 2016 at 8:40 AM

I will be popping over to your side of the pond (again!!!) in early December. I've got all of my shows lined up, including a panto, so my evenings are all booked up but was looking for any special things to do during the day. I've been to a lot of the Christmas related things (Winter Wonderland, Southbank & Tate markets) but if there are any special exhibits at museums that I should try and fit in or maybe some place that is decorated nicely for the holidays, I'd love to hear about it.

more
    • Do i need a Visa?

Heathrow Nov 25, 2016 at 1:03 AM

Me and my Friends are going to Los Angeles via London and Washington. I am a turkish citizen living in Germany and have a valid US visa. Our flight is from Dusseldorf to London and we have a layover for about 1.20h in Heathrow. The airline company told us we have to collect our luggage and have to check in again in Heatrow. My question is what if I have to cross the border even with a vilid US visa do I still need a tranist visa for UK? We will arrive and depart from terminal 2.
      BTW we fly in with Eurowings and continue with United Airlines till to our destination. Maybe someone has experienced before.
      Thank you for ur answer in advance
      Zeynep

more

Popular Tyne and Wear Travel Answer Locations

• Whitby folk

Whitburn Jul 31, 2016 at 6:13 AM

Hi

Really looking forward to Whitby folk - any ideas of the cheapest places to park please. Don't want to park in the leisure centre as it's a long walk into town with instruments. Plan to get there at 10 am or just after and leave by 4pm or so

Travelling in from Flaxton - so are there any road works in operation or planned for the end of Aug

Many thanx

2 Answers Jul 31, 2016 at 1:44 PM
    • Healthy Food / Organic Food / Fresh Squeezed Juices

Newcastle upon Tyne Jun 8, 2016 at 10:57 AM

Hi there,

We are traveling to the UK for 2 weeks and will be staying in the Seaton Delaval area. Could anyone recommend health food stores / supermarkets that sells a good selection of fresh juices (fresh squeezed or cold pressed) and healthy food in general? Are there any organic supermarkets or places that juice in front of you? We've been told that Waitrose has a decent selection.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

22 Answers Oct 3, 2016 at 1:00 PM
    • johndoc37's Profile Photo

Discount Clothing Shopping Location

Newcastle upon Tyne Jan 14, 2016 at 2:02 PM

I have been told that there is a discount clothing location about 30 minute's drive from Newcastle Upon Tyne airport. I'm told that the place "has a one-word name".

The answer isn't the 'Metro' :)

Can anyone assist me please?

With thanks

johndoc37

5 Answers Jan 15, 2016 at 12:27 AM
    • Send a gift

Newcastle upon Tyne Nov 23, 2015 at 10:24 AM

My Granddaughter is studying in Newcastle University. I want to send her either candy/flowers for her birthday but I would like to order them from a local shop. Any recommendations?
      I would charge the item since I live in NY

2 Answers Nov 23, 2015 at 11:23 AM
    • Good Areas

Newcastle upon Tyne Sep 11, 2015 at 10:53 AM

I from mexico city and I will study in newcastle university . I am looking for a studio to live but i dont know if there are on a good and secure area.
      Can you help me ?
      1) Coquet Street Tyne And Wear NE1 2QE
      2)Newcastle1, Blandford Square, NE1 4HZ

Thanks

2 Answers Sep 11, 2015 at 1:19 PM
    • I'll getting married in 1 MAY,2016

Newcastle upon Tyne Aug 21, 2015 at 10:49 PM

I'll getting married in 1 MAY,2016,but i don't want to bring so many things to the wedding address at Newcastle.
      At least we need stay there for 5 days,and rent lots of things.

3 Answers Aug 22, 2015 at 3:46 AM
    • AGE FOR CLUBS NEWCASTLE

Newcastle upon Tyne May 27, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Hi, i will be traveling to newcastle in a few weeks time, just wondering the age limit of most of the clubs as i have 2 18 yr olds with me

6 Answers May 27, 2015 at 11:20 PM
    • Wheelchair access

Newcastle upon Tyne May 17, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Hi, I'm off for a stag weekend in the next few days. Does anyone know which clubs and bars are wheelchair friendly/accessible and that have disabled toilets to hand? Any response is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

4 Answers May 17, 2015 at 5:42 AM
    • g.l.s.h's Profile Photo

UK train low cost tickets London-Newcastle

Newcastle upon Tyne Sep 17, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Good day!

During my visit to London this Dec. I intend to travel for 2 days to Newcastle. I've noticed that when booked in advance, train tickets can go as low as 16 pounds one way. The reservation system allows bookings for some 2.5 month in advance, which means that 8-9 Dec. bookings can be booked as for yesterday.

My question is for those whom are familial with these tickets: when I search dates (Mondays, always) in Nov. or even Dec. 1st I can see these 16-28 pounds tickets available, however for Dec. 8-9 ALL tickets go for 120-150 pounds! which is a fortune when having a small family, and in comparison to domestic flights that go for 45-55 pounds (and which I want to avoid). Are these dates have any "special" demand for train tickets to Newcastle, or is it that the system starts publishing the special "book in advance" fares only a bit later?

I would wait a bit for the low cost option, but if be advised that these dates would most likely be stable on the 120-150 pounds tickets, I would just take the flight option.

Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 7:41 AM
    • Im going to Newcastle for my birthday!

Newcastle upon Tyne Jul 28, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Right, i turn 21 in February (a long time away i know!) but im thinking of going to newcastle all the clubs that would of been on 'geordie shore' those kinds of places.. the only problem is, is that i've never been to newcastle before and i havent got a clue where abouts those clubs are or any other good ones OR were abouts to stay!! somewhere cheap! haha ...Help please?! x

4 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 2:24 AM
    • Packing for Northumberland in May

Newcastle upon Tyne Mar 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Hi, I'm visiting Northumberland in May and would like some advice on what to pack. will be visiting the Farne Islands and doing some bird and wildlife watching as well as walks on the coast. Thanks

12 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • ATLC's Profile Photo

Your favourite museum and place to have a (pub) lunch?

Newcastle upon Tyne Feb 11, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Hello! I am in the Toon for a few hours next week and wondered if any of you can point me to a favourite museum and some good Newcastle grub. What's the speciality?

13 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 6:50 PM
    • over 30's on a thursday

Newcastle upon Tyne Nov 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM

whats the best bar/club for the over 30's in Newcastle on a Thursday

3 Answers Nov 10, 2013 at 3:30 AM
    • Best way to experience Sunderland nightlife

Sunderland Oct 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Planning to come up for an overnight stay in December with a friend and hit city centre in the evening...

What's the best plan of action to cover and experience everything Sunderland has to offer in one night?

3 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 2:10 AM
    • Hello moving to newcastle (:

Newcastle upon Tyne Sep 28, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I am thinking in moving to Newcastle in June and I would like to know if is a safe city and if is hard to make friends. I would be working and studying .
      Thank you for your answers .

4 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    • My novice and I are looking for area to live

Newcastle upon Tyne Sep 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Hello! My novice and I are thinking in move to UK, especifically to Newcastle. We are spanish and we are going to look for a job and a new life. We are looking to share room but we don´t know what could be the best areas to look, because we need this are will be cheap more or less (of course we don´t want to live with yonkis, etc), and it should be near (20 minute walking more or less) to some commercial area because we need to find job and it could be easy in thins kind of area. Someone can help us??? Thank you very much!!!

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    • Italian Restaurant

Newcastle upon Tyne Sep 4, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I am looking for an Italian restaurant near Newcastle University

1 Answer Sep 4, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    • URGENT!

Newcastle upon Tyne Jul 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Hi I am moving to Newcastle upon Tyne and NEED to find a place where I can live with my dog. She's a 40 pound border collie, very well behaved. Any ideas would be SO WONDERFUL! Thanks!

4 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    • old photos jones fried fish shop

Newcastle upon Tyne Jul 12, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Heritage magazine which has photos of Jones fried fish shop 1835 - 1934

6 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 4:27 AM
    • Anyone want to explore Newcastle this weekend 5th - 7th july.

Newcastle upon Tyne Jul 3, 2013 at 5:34 AM

I'm visiting and looking for people to explore newcastle the following weekend. perhaps get in touch on email - jazzalova@hotmail.com
      cheers
      sara

1 Answer Jul 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM
    • Study abroad

Newcastle upon Tyne Jun 4, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Hello guys...
      I'm from Malaysia and will do my PHD at Newcastle on April 2014. My problem is that besides paying the tuition fee my scholar will only provide me GBP 800 per month as my monthly allowance. I am married and have 2 sons ( 4 & 2). Is that possible to bring along my family? With only GBP 800, can we live there? Help please...
      Thank you....

10 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    • Fun place to stay for young female backpacker?

Newcastle upon Tyne May 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Hi I'm 22 and from Australia. I am looking for a really fun hostel to stay where heaps of backpackers go. Preferably near clubs and the city centre? Thanks guys!!!

4 Answers May 27, 2013 at 4:43 AM
    • hmb10's Profile Photo

SIGHTSEEING OPTIONS 1.5DAYS JULY

Newcastle upon Tyne May 21, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Hi ! We are two active 60 yo..we will be walking Hadrians Wall Path, after spending time in Newcastle,before catching public transport to our start in Whitley Bay. May we have some suggestions for Must See,visit ,explore places...reachable by public transport? Also,is it better to catch train to Whitley Bay, or is the bus service better?We will be staying in the Jesmond park area. Thanks for all suggestions

5 Answers May 22, 2013 at 4:15 AM
    • tourism_student92's Profile Photo

Are you a literary tourist?

Newcastle upon Tyne Mar 30, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Has anybody ever traveled to the North East of England for a literary tour? Or read any Catherine Cookson novels and traveled to or wanted to travel to some of the places set in her work or related to her as an author?

17 Answers Apr 21, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    • hmb10's Profile Photo

newcastle airport to adelphi bed&breakfast jesmond

Newcastle upon Tyne Mar 25, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Hi! Would appreciate public transport options to reach The Adephi B&B in Jesmond...or nearest train,bus stop. we will be arriving into Newcastle airport 8.30 am. Would also appreciate an aproximation of time for the trip. Thanks for your advice

3 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 6:05 AM
    • Celebrating ,my birthday with the Ladies

Newcastle upon Tyne Mar 8, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Hey Fellow Tourists!
      I've just moved to the UK (midlands) from Canada, and am looking for a great night out with the ladies. Have heard that New Castle is the place to go. (ages 24-28)
      We are planning on spending a weekend in April in New Castle and were hoping for some recommendations of the best pubs, bars and clubs to head to.
      Friday night not too heavy and Saturday night planning a full day of partying, and would love some advice.

5 Answers Mar 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    • Newcastle fan

Newcastle upon Tyne Mar 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Anyone keen in joining me to go to Newcastle from London, and watch the match on 13 Apr?

5 Answers Mar 9, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    • Where to stay?

Newcastle upon Tyne Feb 26, 2013 at 12:11 PM

What is the best area to stay in? We are arriving by train and it would be great to know the best area to stay within walking distance to some great sites. Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 9, 2013 at 5:24 AM
    • Where to go in newcastle

Newcastle upon Tyne Feb 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Hi we recently moved back to the north east and I'm looking for places to take the wife in Newcastle I'm 38 and she's 37 she's into clubbing and I've never been before please can anyone give me some suggestion ?

1 Answer Feb 9, 2013 at 3:43 AM
    • SpyrosZ's Profile Photo

Most central part of Newcastle

Newcastle upon Tyne Oct 6, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Hey guys i was wondering what is the most central part of Newcastle (with the most pubs,live music clubs etc) and how much the rent goes for there? On a side note, is it a nice place to live for a couple of years as a University student?

7 Answers Oct 17, 2012 at 4:15 AM