VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Tulsa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alligators + tourist attractions

Tampa Jan 31, 2017 at 5:46 AM

I have a phobia about alligators and yet I want somewhere warm for an end of Nov/Dec break. Are there any alligators on the beach at this time of the year - does anyone have personal knowledge of the situation

Apart from Disney what other attractions are there - we would like to do some touring but looking at the crime rate in Charleston/New Orleans we are scared as we came close to being run off the road in Washington DC near the Jeffereson library Plan to stay about 2-3 weeks so could do 1000/1500 miles comfortably with hotels interspersed

Can I add my thanks to VT which has been invaluable to me and enabled me to stay safe and see lots of places I wouldn't have seen. Only hope there is a last minute reprieve

more
    • Arizona/Utha in Fall

Arizona Jan 29, 2017 at 9:49 AM

Hi :)

I need some advice for travel. I want to go to Las Vegas this fall and then drive by car to Grand Canyon and etc.
      My plan looks like this:

First Day - Pick up the Car, drive to Hoover Dam and then to Tusayan

Second Day - Visit Grand Canyon. We are not really "hiking people", so everything that takes more thatn 2hrs round trip is probably to much.But as i seen on then internet, most places are pretty accesible by car or shuttle.

Third Day - Drive to Page, visit the Slot Canyons arount 11 AM (tours start then). and visit Horseshoe Bend in the afternoon

Fourth Day - Drive from Page to Bryce Canyon (about 3hrs). Anything nice to see on the way there?

Fifth Day - Visit Bryce Canyon

Sixt Day - Drive to Springdale for Zion NP (about 2hrs). Anything nice to see on the way there?

Seventh Day - Zion NP (visit The Narrows)
      Eight Day - Zion NP - What should we do too?
      Ninnth Day - Spend morning in Zion then drive back to Vegas, Anything nice to see on the way there?

What do you think, is it a good plan? Should we spend less/more at a specific place? We have read that roads in this area are usually straight and not crowded, so driving shouln't be a hussle.

Any help is appreciated

more
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Tillicum excursion from Seattle during the week in May

Seattle Feb 18, 2017 at 9:34 PM

I'm going to miss this site!!!Love getting replays from locals as much as I like helping others when they come to Australia.
      Anyway.....Anyone know the best tour company to visit Tillicum? A tour that offers either a Tuesday /Wednesday or Thursday in May?

more
    • groover101's Profile Photo

Charging stations Terminal D IAH

Houston Feb 7, 2017 at 6:49 AM

I am gonna have a bit of a layover in Houston before flying out of terminal D. Looking for some suggestions for a good place to have a couple of beers and possibly charge my phone. Any ideas?

more
    • alligators + tourist attractions

Tampa Jan 31, 2017 at 5:40 AM

I have a phobia about alligators and yet I want somewhere warm for an end of Nov/Dec break. Are there any alligators on the beach at this time of the year

more
    • Weather and hotels

Miami Beach Feb 18, 2017 at 8:05 AM

Hello
      We are considering to visit Miami beach in January 2018
      Does anyone know if this is a good time for a beach holiday?
      We are living I Norway and would like to have some sun and warmth when it is winter time here.
      Does anyone have facts about a nice not to expensive hotel as well?
      Best regards
      Turid in Norway

more
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Can I do Catalina and Balboa island in one day

Newport Beach Feb 2, 2017 at 11:51 PM

Staying at the holiday inn express Newport for 3 nights...no car...
      Already booked and paid after I realised not walking distance to beach at all...
      Can uber to Laguna one day and I thought these 2 islands would be a great idea...

more
    • Weather November

California Feb 1, 2017 at 1:44 AM

I know I asked yesterday about Florida but we are also looking at Palm/Desert Springs California - what is the weather liable to be like in November

Will the roads be snow free to Las Vegas and what is the weather liable to be like in Vegas in November.

Plan to possibly fly to Los Angeles - use Desert/Palm Springs and tour from there and possibly take a few days out to visit Vegas - could even fly into Vegas if the flights were cheaper

Many thanks for so many questions

more
    • Travelling by rented car

Miami Feb 16, 2017 at 4:55 AM

Hello,
      We will be travelling in America this March, so we have decided to rent a car. We have heard that there are roads which require payments. 1. How can we pay these fees? Cash, credit card? Could rented car use sunpass and toll-by-plate? If yes, how to get it online? 2. What insurance car needs to have zero excess?
      Thank you in advance :)

more
    • Dymphna1's Profile Photo

subway access

New York City Feb 3, 2017 at 7:55 AM

Is it easier to catch the subway from John F Kennedy or LGA? thanks (typed out JFK for enough words to get it in the system.

more
    • Jasma's Profile Photo

new york or orlando

United States of America Feb 19, 2017 at 9:28 PM

hi, we're going to the USA with our twelve year old daughter and need to choose between New York and Orlando for a four to five day trip. we need to go to indianapolis after this trip to visit relatives. Please advice as to which is the better option with respect to both, activities and expense. Thanks in advance.

more
    • Yosemite Valley

Yosemite National Park Feb 6, 2017 at 11:07 AM

Hi,

Me and a friend are planning of going to Yosemite valley in about a week (17-18 feb 2017). Will we be able to drive there from the west (Mariposa) without any snow chains on the car? Is the road even open?
      Thanks in advance for answer!

more
    • Mosquito repellent

by shortyliz2255 Online Now Sep 2, 2016 at 11:36 AM

Has anyone had any success with mosquito repellent bands/bracelets and if so which brands?? Thanks

7 Answers Sep 6, 2016 at 6:32 AM
    • Packing tips please

by shortyliz2255 Online Now Sep 1, 2016 at 1:08 PM

Hello, can you assit me please? I am going to be traveling to Tulsa for vacation Sept 10, 2016 to Sept 20, 2016. Can you give me packing travel tips please? What should I as a female pack and what can I expect as far as weather and how humidity will likely be and how likely humidity will affect my hair??? Do I need bug repellent? Heavy jacket & umbrella for rain? All help is apprciated in knwing how best to prepare and pack. Thanks, Liz

6 Answers Sep 2, 2016 at 12:13 PM
    • things to do with an 8 year old in Tulsa

by MarciaN10 Online Now Jul 27, 2015 at 7:40 PM

things to do this weekend for an 8 year in the Tulsa area

4 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 12:53 AM
    • tulsa for 5 days

by tk261 Online Now Sep 7, 2014 at 11:59 AM

What can you advice me for Tulsa? I will be there for 5 days and no idea at all. Thank you. TK

3 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 1:11 PM
    • SarahC64's Profile Photo

Tallgrass Prairie Preserve

by SarahC64 Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Is this still open? I noticed the review was from 2004 but I recently moved to the area and this looks like something my family would really enjoy. I don't want to drive all the way out there for nothing though...

3 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    • JoeyC18's Profile Photo

Help Tulsa clubbers

by JoeyC18 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 10:49 PM

What's up with the boom boom room in Tulsa, ok??

• Executive Cars for hire

by nanaw Online Now Dec 16, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Does anyone have any experience with a local limo company that also has an SUV or luxury sedan for hire? Dependable, successful business.
      Thanks.

• scargo's Profile Photo

If Downtown is dead on the weekends, what about restaurants?

by scargo Online Now Oct 2, 2008 at 7:28 AM

If downtown is deserted on the weekend, as one member has suggested, then where do you eat?
      I live near New Haven, CT and it is similar there and many places do not stay open for lunch on Saturday or Sunday, at all. What about Tulsa?
      We will be staying at the Ambassador, but there were some places downtown of interest to us for dining.

1 Answer Oct 3, 2008 at 6:23 PM
    • corsaire1773's Profile Photo

Nightlife near Radisson

by corsaire1773 Online Now Sep 21, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Hi folks ,

I am currently at the Radisson Tulsa ( not the one next the airport) for 8 nights.
      Is there anything to do close the hotel during evening , for nithglife ,like Pub , bar with life music or do I need a cab to move in downton

Thanks

4 Answers Sep 26, 2008 at 3:54 PM
    • tulsa aqarium

by eddieandamy Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 6:31 PM

what is the price of the aqarium?

• kareoke

by simplysue Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 9:51 AM

I would like to know where are some place to go sing.
      It used to seem like every place had kareoke but now that I haven't been out in awhile I don't know any good places to go .Anyone have any suggestions?

2 Answers Jul 8, 2006 at 12:14 AM
    • hughbt's Profile Photo

Visit - now in February

by hughbt Online Now Dec 26, 2005 at 2:56 PM

Hello all

Thank you for your advice on my last posting. I have checked out Tulsa members pages now and have an idea of some of the things I want to do when I get to Tulsa. I'm now coming February 12th - 18th approx.

I am looking for any good cheap suggestions for accomodation. I am on a scholarship and have to scrape my way around Tulsa - any hostels or small boarding houses?

I tried the journalplus thing on someone elses response but couldnt find it.

Thank you

Hugh

1 Answer Jan 12, 2007 at 11:50 AM
    • cchiuching's Profile Photo

any budget hotel with airport shuttle?

by cchiuching Online Now Dec 26, 2005 at 3:38 AM

Since my flight leaves Tulsa at 6am in the early morning on Monday and i don't know how to drive,

the night before the flight i plan to stay in a budget hotel that provides airport shuttle to the International airport.

I am not a USA resident.

Anyone can give me a suggestion on which hotel to look for?

1 Answer Dec 26, 2005 at 3:50 AM
    • hughbt's Profile Photo

Visiting

by hughbt Online Now Sep 5, 2005 at 5:25 PM

I am expecting to visit Tulsa later this year, November if all goes well.

I will be there Monday to Friday and I'm looking for any tips, suggestions and thoughts people have about what to do and what to see. I will have limited time as I should be mostly working daytimes, but I will have some time and my nights will be free.

Thank you

3 Answers Oct 2, 2005 at 3:51 AM
    • hotrodgirl's Profile Photo

What to do

by hotrodgirl Online Now Apr 24, 2005 at 8:33 AM

I'll be in Tulsa for 4 days over the Memorial Day weekend. Although I have some meetings on Fri and Sat, can anyone recommend some highlights or things to do in Tulsa? Any botanical gardens, or shopping areas to see? Restaurants? Activities? Thanks!

3 Answers Apr 25, 2005 at 4:14 PM
    • What is the origin of the word Tulsa

by biensalinasj Online Now Nov 7, 2002 at 9:26 PM

I always imagine Tulsa to be a mysterious city - full of romantic sceneries and really super friendly people? What is Tulsa noted for ? What is the historical signifia\cance of the city?

7 Answers Mar 10, 2006 at 6:52 PM