Tors Cove

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Which island to visit - Mingan

Havre-Saint-Pierre Jul 18, 2016 at 4:10 PM

We'll be spending a day in mid-October in Havre Saint Pierre via cruise ship. The cruise ship offers a number of excursions offered to see some of the nearby islands. I would most like to see and photograph the monoliths, I think, but other things interest me as well. The choices I have will be a trip to Ile Niapiskau to hike a trail with oddly-shaped monoliths plus flora and fauna, a trip to Petite Ile Au Marteau (with lighthouse and flora and fauna), a trip to Ile Quarry (by zodiac, I believe), and passing Ile du Fantome before landing and exploring the Quarry monoliths, and a land trip to the Cetacean Research Center (& Innu Culture) plus photo stop at Point-Paradis. They all sound good. The difference in cost and time isn't terribly different from one to another, and physically I'm able to do any of them, so I can't decide which one to take. What I love best is photography - so I'm leaning towards seeing monoliths. However, I'm also a big lighthouse lover (have seen over 400 of them) so the chance to see a lighthouse is tempting me as well. I'm not crazy about museums, although the Cetacean Research Center sounds pretty interesting.

If anyone has opinions I'd love to hear them!

more
    • Wilcox Pass hike - Canadian Rockies

Province of Alberta Jun 28, 2016 at 8:15 PM

I would like to walk only a part of the trail for no more than an hour each way, preferably less. I understand that the beginning of the trail is uphill through a forested area which eventually opens up into a plateau with superb views of the glacier. Timewise, how far up is it to the views of the glacier? Will I be able to see the sheep as well on this short hike? Thanks.

more
    • Which will be Affrodable for Car Rental in Toronto

Toronto Jul 15, 2016 at 5:14 AM

Hi, guys i need a Car on rental at Toronto in Canada so can you please suggest me best car rental companies in Canada. thank you.

more
    • Road signs

Quebec Jul 20, 2016 at 7:24 PM

We will be traveling by car in rural areas near Quebec city. Are the road signs only in French or in English/French?

more
    • Can anyone gives me some tips to how to get to Niagara Falls from Rochester NY?

Niagara Falls Jul 7, 2016 at 7:12 AM

Can anyone gives me some tips to how to get to Niagara Falls from Rochester NY? I was wondering about where to park, and where to walk around for a day trip to Niagara Falls. My family and I plan to take a day trip there, and I have never driven on the Canada. Any other trip recommendations are welcome! :)

Thank you!

more
    • Help me to find out list of Car Rental comapnies

Toronto Jul 20, 2016 at 4:09 AM

Hi Guys! i need help to find out list of Car rental Companies in Toronto,Canada

more
    • freedom travel in the rockies

Canada Jul 16, 2016 at 11:07 PM

hi there
      Just asking for input about how my research is going for a trip in the Rockies

i have seen that greyhound buses can take me from place to place(thanks virtual tourist Liecs),,,ie calgary, banff and (via kamloops) jasper. I am still trying to confirm if Bewleys can take me Banff to jasper by a quicker route. I have seen that public transport (ie Roam)will take me to banff gondala and a shuttle can take me to jasper sky tram. i have researched that i can get a tour from banff and jasper to go to the columbia ice field. i have seen that the Icefield is closer to jasper (from Jasper 105km.) than banff(Distance from Banff 195km)
      I would like to probably schedule in another tour at jasper, maybe lake moraine(everyone raves about it!) Looking at leaving Jasper by VIA train.
      My husband and i dont mind walking, but are not really hikers.
      Am i missing anything in my research? My main aim is to soak up the sights of the beautiful mountains and be awed by their majesty...the photos are just surreal...If anyone is familiar with the Remakables in Queenstown. the rocky mountains look every bit as good.
      I have read that often Lake Louise is iced over til mid June and we are keen to see Lake Louise beautiful colour in real life so it looks like we will be looking to come late June-August 2017.

I have read that it will be free to visit the national parks in canada in 2017. That sounds like good news to me!
      any thoughts appreciated thanks

more
    • Siege78's Profile Photo

Montmorency Falls

Quebec Jul 5, 2016 at 3:18 PM

When staying in Quebec City what is the best way to get to the falls? Do public busses go there or is it best to book a tour?

more
    • Traveling in November

Vancouver Jul 2, 2016 at 8:15 AM

How is the weather and scenery in Vancouver in November? Planning on travel with my husband and son for about 7 days! Feedback please! TIA!

more
    • what to do in toronto

Toronto Jul 10, 2016 at 9:37 AM

I'm going to Toronto in the autumn for a week,has anyone got any recommendations as to what to go and see,besides the CN tower and Niagara Falls?Talking of which,is the train going to be the best and quickest way of getting to the falls?Also has anyone got any suggestions for reasonably/budget priced restaurants/diners near the centre of toronto?

more
    • public transport from calgary to banff and jasper

Canada Jul 15, 2016 at 2:51 AM

Hi I am wanting to visit the rockies. i cannot figure out what public transport there is from Calgary to Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. I dont want to drive (everything is on the wrong side of the road for me). Can any one help? i thought i would fly to Calgary look over the rockies, do some local tours and then catch the train to Vancover..probably the Via (the rocky mountaineer is very expensive). Thanks very much

more
    • Best Tourist Spots

Canada Jul 21, 2016 at 5:03 AM

Hi...Friends i am Harry and am new at Canada. I don't know much about Canada so can you tell me which Tourist spot i must visit at once.

more
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

Fall Foliage in Eastern canada

Canada Jul 11, 2016 at 9:30 AM

Hello
      if i had to choose one place , which one should i choose to witness the best fall foliage this year in eastern canada.....around Montreal or / new brunswick or,/ prince edward island /or cape breton in nova scotia..
      thanks

more
    • beltlab's Profile Photo

Any groups in Canada that sponsor Everest trips?

Vancouver Jul 19, 2016 at 3:17 AM

I live in Vancouver. Travelling has been my passion ever since I can remember, but due to the fact that I’ve not been able to afford the expensive air tickets and other costs, my trips have been limited to the North American Continent. I’ve always nurtured a passion towards climbing some of the greatest Mountains in the world, especially Kilimanjaro and Mount Everest.
      But then again, as I was checking the costs for these trips I realized there’s no way in hell that I could afford any of these trips.
      I was going through some articles and blogs the other day when I came across a blog on the online portal of Freshslice Pizza ( freshslice.com/ravil-everest... ).
      Here, the CEO of the company sponsored the dreams of a man to conquer Everest itself.
      Is there any such similar person or group of people willing to sponsor a like minded person to achieve his dream of conquering the mighty mountains of the world?

Desperately hoping for a positive reply.
      Thanks a million! :)

more