VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Torres del Paine Travel Answers

change location

W-hike exact distances

by srujan45 Online Now Jul 24, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Hi,

QUESTION 1: I have been looking for the exact length of W hike (Grey Glacier campsite -> Pehoe Campsite -> Campamento Brittanica -> Camp Los Cuernos - > Campamento Torres -> Refugio Torres) Can anyone tell me the exact distances between the above campsites. The FAQ on FantasticoSur does have some distances in proposed itineraries - but is not clear.

QUESTION 2: Another question I have is - Is it possible to get off the Catamaran/boat at Refugio Grey and start W-Hike from there?

QUESTION 3: Are there any places on this hike that're difficult for the acrophobic? People who're worried about walking about precipices. I hear - as we get close to the towers, it could get a little bit like that.

Thanks
Srujan

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Josilver's Profile Photo

Re: W-hike exact distances

by Josilver Online Now Jul 24, 2008 at 4:04 PM

I cant answer your first two questions, but I climbed to the base of the towers and I dont recall any precipices. Lots of scrambling over morrain and rocks and boulders. Great fun.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines