VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Torremolinos Travel Answers

change location

The Casa de las Navajas

by mmt10 Online Now Jul 1, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I just couldn't believe my eyes when I just read that visits into the Casa de las Navajas were possible every day! I have been going to Torremolinos for the past 15 or 16 years, every year, and this building, which I choose to call ''my pink castle'' has been a fascination of mine ever since I first saw it! But, I have never been able to get concrete informations about it. Nobody ever told me I might have a chance to visit it. For years, I've been told that the town of Torremolinos was looking into buying it and planning to make a sort of museum out of it. But, nothing concrete never came of that! My most impossible dream is to win a big amount at a lottery and then, I would buy this place which so impresses me and then, I would have ''mon château en Espagne'': a French expression meaning ''one's having it's castle in Spain''....Something that is more or less an impossible dream. But isn't that what dreams are made of?

I would be very appreciative of everything more I could find about the Casa de las Navajas: it's story, pictures, what the plans are about it, etc, etc...

Thank you in advance,
Mariette Theriault

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Torremolinos