Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cheap long term car rental

by Jack28 Online Now Oct 3, 2016 at 8:39 AM

Hi, i am an australian traveler here for 6 months. I have a international drivers permit and am looking to hire a car for the 4 months that i am here (buying a car is not an option). I am 21 years old with a full australian drivers license. Anyone have any idea what the cheapest company would be? The major ones like avis, enterprise and budget are way too expensive because of my age and many others simply dont have deals for 21 year olds.

Thankyou for your time!

• Cheap long term car rental

by Jack28 Online Now Oct 3, 2016 at 8:39 AM

Hi, i am an australian traveler here for 6 months. I have a international drivers permit and am looking to hire a car for the 4 months that i am here (buying a car is not an option). I am 21 years old with a full australian drivers license. Anyone have any idea what the cheapest company would be? The major ones like avis, enterprise and budget are way too expensive because of my age and many others simply dont have deals for 21 year olds.

Thankyou for your time!

7 Answers Yesterday
    • Is walking safe?

by Kimberley11 Online Now Sep 24, 2016 at 5:52 AM

In town on business with evenings off. Scored a couple tickets to the ball games this week. Is it safe to walk back to my hotel...the Sheraton...after the game?

2 Answers Sep 24, 2016 at 5:16 PM
    • Niagara Falls and Winery?

by Johan81 Online Now Sep 23, 2016 at 2:34 AM

I´m going to Toronto five nights in the beginning of October. (after World Cup)

A trip to Niagara Falls is a must, but is it worth taking a night there? Is there anything else to do, except watching the waterfalls?
      Any hiking trails? Nature? Or du you recomment a day trip?

I´m also interesting in visiting a winery, so maybe I can combine these two? Any suggestions?
      I will not have access to a car and I´m travelling alone.

The hotel prices was also very high in Toronto so with a night outside the city my average hotel price will decrease :-)

I have a reservation at Le Germain Hotel Maple Leaf Square and one at Grand Hotel & Suites. Haven´t decided yet. Any thoughts about these two?

8 Answers Oct 2, 2016 at 5:51 PM
    • Hotel in Toronto with Lots of Mirrors in Room

by SteveS300 Online Now Sep 18, 2016 at 8:37 AM

Hi All,

I once went away for business and my hotel randomly had many floor to ceiling mirrors surrounding the bed and a ceiling mirror above the bed. I told my girlfriend about this and she loved the idea. We'd like to find something like this in Toronto (or GTA) for a romantic getaway. I've had no luck on Google trying to find this at various hotels in the city. Anyone know of a hotel in the area that has this to offer? Preferably for under $200 a night.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Sep 20, 2016 at 7:50 AM
    • Where to stay in Toronto?

by Johan81 Online Now Sep 5, 2016 at 10:16 PM

I´m going to Toronto in October? Where in Toronto do you recommend me to stay, which part of the city?

5 Answers Sep 12, 2016 at 11:07 AM
    • Toronto in October?

by Johan81 Online Now Aug 29, 2016 at 12:44 PM

I´m going out travelling for 1,5 week on October.
      But I can´t decide where to go... Today I was thinking of Toronto but I´m a little bit concerned about the weather. So my question is, how is it in the beginning of October?
      I wan´t a nice climat, not to cold, windy and rainy.

7 Answers Oct 4, 2016 at 7:56 AM
    • Ally_lulu's Profile Photo

by Ally_lulu Online Now Aug 29, 2016 at 2:58 AM

is anyone can help me how to reach the cliff in SCARBOROUGH BLUFFS? I've seen so many pics in IG and its really beautiful but some caption I'm seeing they got fined! is it allowed to take photos there or not? I'm visiting Toronto for 7 days and I want to include that in my itinerary. im statying in near to union station and traveling by public transport not by car.

4 Answers Aug 30, 2016 at 8:50 AM
    • henry14's Profile Photo

Raptors game alone?

by henry14 Online Now Aug 21, 2016 at 2:42 PM

ok, strange question I suppose but here goes.... would a woman alone at a Raptors game look out of place/attract attention? I will have a spare evening when the Raptors are at home and my hotel is 5 mins walk from the ACC so seems mad to watch it on tv when I could be in there but don't want to feel uncomfortable if it isn't the norm. Hopefully I'm overthinking this and no-one would bat an eyelid.

2 Answers Aug 22, 2016 at 1:58 PM
    • Alicewonder's Profile Photo

Apartment rental for a month in Toronto

by Alicewonder Online Now Aug 19, 2016 at 2:27 AM

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Thanks for accepting me. I need some help.

I live in Toronto. I moved here for studies last year. I have my two cousins coming to Toronto. I want to arrange them a good stay. They will be here for 5 weeks and they asked me to check for a furnished apartment for rent. Apparently, I don't know much about the stays in Toronto. I have seen furnished apartment rentals of Mac SuitesFurnished ResidencesDowntown and North York. I'm staying near York University so, we'd prefer a place near there. I know Downtown area is expensive, so, that's not a viable option. Has anyone stayed at their rentals? I'd appreciate other suggestions too. 

3 Answers Aug 21, 2016 at 8:53 PM
    • layover in Canada

by eligold105 Online Now Aug 13, 2016 at 9:38 AM

I have a 15 hr layover at Toronto to connect my flight to Cancun,and i would like to visit at the niagara falls, is that ample time to make my connecting flight?
      If so, what is the cheapest way to do this?
      tnx very much :)

3 Answers Aug 17, 2016 at 5:27 PM
    • shellysu's Profile Photo

Driving form Toronto to Montreal, what is there to do?

by shellysu Online Now Aug 4, 2016 at 6:22 AM

We will be driving for 5-6 hours. Is there anywhere to stop that's interesting?

2 Answers Aug 16, 2016 at 6:57 AM
    • Help me to find out list of Car Rental comapnies

by harrygonsalves Online Now Jul 20, 2016 at 4:09 AM

Hi Guys! i need help to find out list of Car rental Companies in Toronto,Canada

3 Answers Jul 21, 2016 at 1:42 PM
    • Which will be Affrodable for Car Rental in Toronto

by harrygonsalves Online Now Jul 15, 2016 at 5:14 AM

Hi, guys i need a Car on rental at Toronto in Canada so can you please suggest me best car rental companies in Canada. thank you.

1 Answer Jul 15, 2016 at 1:36 PM
    • what to do in toronto

by pengwyn Online Now Jul 10, 2016 at 9:37 AM

I'm going to Toronto in the autumn for a week,has anyone got any recommendations as to what to go and see,besides the CN tower and Niagara Falls?Talking of which,is the train going to be the best and quickest way of getting to the falls?Also has anyone got any suggestions for reasonably/budget priced restaurants/diners near the centre of toronto?

5 Answers Jul 12, 2016 at 5:47 PM
    • Any film/TV studio tours or live tapings?

by goingtotoronto Online Now May 17, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Thinking of visiting Toronto for comic con and thought it might be fun to do a tv/film studio tour or try and attend a live TV show taping but I can't any info on tours and very little on tv tapings. Any suggestions of either?

1 Answer May 19, 2016 at 8:34 AM
    • jmhultin's Profile Photo

Long international layover at toronto airport

by jmhultin Online Now Apr 25, 2016 at 8:55 AM

I am researching options to Africa from the US (I'm a US citizen). One option involves an 11-hour layover in Toronto, beginning at 11 pm. It actually seems rather ideal, as theoretically, I could spend a nearly-full night at a nearby hotel, and resume my travels the next day. However, I have not been to Canada since 9/11 (and never to Toronto), and I'm wondering if immigration, security and overall logistics will significantly impair my presumed restfulness. I'll be without luggage, as that will have been checked through.

Any thoughts will be appreciated. (btw, if this is not a good plan, I'll make other arrangements. I will NOT spend 11 hours in the international transit area, even with a club pass).

7 Answers Apr 27, 2016 at 11:02 AM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Off the Beaten Path

by apbeaches Online Now Apr 18, 2016 at 4:45 PM

We will be in Toronto the week of April 23rd. We will be staying near the St. Lawrence Market. This isn't our first trip to Toronto, I was looking forward to Casa Loma, PATH, The Bata Shoe Museum, Royal Ontario Museum, Distillery District. Anything special, off the beaten path that we shouldn't miss? Any good recommendations that perhaps we haven't thought of?

6 Answers Apr 20, 2016 at 7:32 AM
    • Good Location?

by Orisheyes Online Now Mar 14, 2016 at 4:40 AM

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teenagers) travelling from Ireland at the end of June 2016. I found us a private rental in a 2 bed condo at Dan Leckie Way, near the harbor. Is this a good location for public transport and/or walking to all the sights? I have looked at google maps but am still a bit confused. Is this a good touristy area?

Also we plan to visit Niagara Falls area from 2 - 5 July I know this is a holiday weekend but we would love to see the fireworks over the falls for 4th July. Would we be crazy to try and drive to Buffalo over this weekend, is the traffic usually chaotic at the boarder?

I would appreciate all and any comments.

3 Answers Mar 28, 2016 at 3:34 AM
    • Aussie visitor would like to watch a baseball game in mid June 2016

by DoonM Online Now Mar 6, 2016 at 3:09 AM

Hi there, i will be visiting Toronto in mid June and would love to see A baseball game, I have checked out blue jay tickets, where is the best place to sit (up to $100)? Do you think it's ok to go on my own, Will I be struggling to follow the game?

6 Answers Mar 28, 2016 at 3:12 AM
    • Using public transport from Toronto to Hamilton

by snaykee Online Now Feb 17, 2016 at 4:08 PM

Is there public transportation from Dundas st downtown to First Ontario Centre in nearby Hamilton? which is the best option to to Hamilton?

2 Answers Feb 19, 2016 at 4:05 PM
    • kyliekato's Profile Photo

Could you tell me about your travel experience in Toronto?

by kyliekato Online Now Jan 29, 2016 at 5:51 PM

How long did you stay in Toronto?
      where did you visit in Toronto?

6 Answers Jan 31, 2016 at 8:01 AM
    • midtown or harbour area?

by chrissie97 Online Now Jan 23, 2016 at 7:12 AM

I want to book a holiday in Toronto for June but I am not sure where it's best to stay.

I know that all the hotels state that the subway makes it easy to get around but I have looked at a few places down by the harbour (Westin, CN tower apartments mostly due to the views) but I have also looked at hotels more towards Midtown (Novotel and Holiday Inn) and near one of the parks.

Which area would be the best to stay in terms of area (I wouldn't have a clue if anything was placed in a not so nice area), getting to sights and shopping and food in general?

Thank you

7 Answers Jan 31, 2016 at 9:13 AM
    • FlyHoneybee's Profile Photo

Corkage fee

by FlyHoneybee Online Now Dec 23, 2015 at 9:53 PM

Hi dear members, can i bring my own bottle of wine dining in restaurant (Toronto) by paying a corkage fee ?

7 Answers Dec 25, 2015 at 6:02 AM
    • Best, but inexpensive way to get from L.B.Pearson to Lombard Street, downtown Toronto

by TennGerry Online Now Oct 1, 2015 at 8:37 AM

First time to Toronto without a car. What is the most inexpensive way, I understand cabs are about $50 plus tip) to get to our hotel on Lombard Street from the airport?

1 Answer Oct 1, 2015 at 1:51 PM
    • VincentW's Profile Photo

Toronto around Easter next year

by VincentW Online Now Jul 19, 2015 at 6:56 AM

Hi all,

I'm planning to visit Toronto at the end of March just around Easter. Found some information that most shops are only closed on 'Good Friday' and there is not really a second Easter day. Are the other days around Easter easy with a lot of shops open and does it get really crowded with tourists?

Thanks in advance,

4 Answers Jul 19, 2015 at 8:53 AM
    • Chinese Restuarant

by sarahgomez1984 Online Now Jul 9, 2015 at 12:19 AM

What are some good places to have chinese food in Torono. Is LA WA HEEN ( ) good?

2 Answers Jul 9, 2015 at 12:20 PM
    • mvp2ny's Profile Photo

Things to do in Toronto

by mvp2ny Online Now Jun 12, 2015 at 5:07 AM

Hi all,

Visiting Toronto and will have a day with a rental. Also looking for a budget friendly motel/hotel not too far from the airport. Would like to visit the space needle and also any markets that I can get souvenirs. $100 us dollars is enough for the day? How is parking and traffic in Toronto streets? How is nightlife for single guy in GTA?

Thank you guys/gals.

3 Answers Jun 12, 2015 at 6:02 PM
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

What is the current process for Customs and Immigration at Toronto Pearson from the US?

by mccalpin Online Now May 8, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Guys, who has recently been through Terminal 1 at Pearson from outside Canada? The Official Spousal Unit is flying from DFW to Pearson this weekend, and we are trying to determine the process for Customs and Immigration.

We have often been through C & I in T3 on American Airlines, but not on Air Canada, a different terminal.

In the US, we now have Automated Passport Control kiosks ( ) which supposedly speed things up nicely. But so far, what little that I can find suggests that the kiosks in Toronto for inbound people is only for Canadian residents.The airport website, Canadian Immigration website and Air Canada website have all been remarkably unhelpful...

Anyone with recent experience?

9 Answers May 10, 2015 at 7:58 PM
    • lcat61's Profile Photo

Rogers Cup tennis tournament

by lcat61 Online Now May 7, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Hello fellow VTers,
      I will be in Toronto for a week in August attending the Rogers Cup tennis tournament. I will need a prepaid SIM card for my unlocked GSM phone. Can you recommend a carrier?
      I will not have a car. Is there any public transit to Rexall Center from Yorkville?

3 Answers Jul 9, 2015 at 1:38 AM
    • loose_motion's Profile Photo

Friday 7pm VT meet !!

by loose_motion Online Now Apr 29, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Travellers and fellow residents, lets meetup at 7-44 pub and lounge. Its a pub at mt pleasant and eglinton . 2mins bus ride from eglinton subway station .
      Here's the website