VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Tomar Travel Answers

change location

Bus from Tomar to Fatima

by rudajo Online Now Sep 1, 2010 at 6:29 PM

How to get from Tomar to Fatima? I was convinced that the train from Lisbon ( changing it along the way) will take me to Fatima, but I have found out that it will be only Tomar , 1 hr from Fatima. How to get to Fatima from there? Are there any schedules? How much would the taxi cost?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • colares's Profile Photo

Re: Bus from Tomar to Fatima

by colares Online Now Sep 2, 2010 at 1:48 AM

You have 2 options:
    either take the direct bus from Lisbon to Fatima. There are ferquent busses a day. Schedules you find here: rede-expressos.pt/default.as... (site is available also in english)
    Or you take the bus from Tomar, which is really worth a visit, to Fatima. For schedules look here: http://www.rodotejo.pt/ This site is in Portuguese only. Thus select on the left side under "Servico": "Interurbanas"; under "Origem": Tomar and under "Destino": "Fatima Estacao" That will bring you to the schedules.

Enjoy your trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: Bus from Tomar to Fatima

by cubsur Online Now Sep 2, 2010 at 3:39 AM

Fatima railway station is about 21km from the town! As above, the best way to get to Fatima from either Lisbon or Tomar is on a bus but the buses between Tomar and Fatima are very infrequent.

Fatima is 32km from Tomar, a taxi would be 40 Euros minimum.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines