change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• faffy's Profile Photo

where is the best place to stay for a week in tokyo

by faffy Online Now Nov 18, 2015 at 3:43 AM

hi. I am travelling with my husband on January 1. I am just wondering what place to stay in Tokyo. a place near in shopping areas, accessible to train stations, restaurants and interesting places. also, what clothes do we need to bring. many thanks in advance.

more
    • My Myanmar trip in December

by hrnkai Online Now Nov 14, 2015 at 6:50 AM

Hello,

I'm planning to trip Myanmar this December(from 19th-24th night).

My flight will get there to Yangon at 17:15 Dec 19th and leave Yangon at 22:10 Dec 24 to Tokyo and arriving early in the morning of 25th.

So it's pretty short stay, i'm not planning to stay Yangon much,but love to visit Bagan for sure. However, I want to visit Inle lake as well.

My concern on this trip is..
      1)I would love to relax and see historical cites as well as natures.

2)My current plan as below:

12/19--->17:15 arrive to Yangon. stay one night in Yangon

12/20--->leave for Bagan by airplane.

12/21--->stay Bagan

12/22--->leave for Inle lake by air plane

12/23--->stay in Inle lake

12/24--->stay in Inle lake and leave Inle lake afternoon for Yangon to catch my flight to Tokyo of 22:10.

12/25--->arrive tokyo early in the morning

3)my plan above is tight for the last day?

4)which do you recommend to stay longer, Bagan or Inle lake?
      Or if you have any advice on my travel plan above, pls let me know.

5)Im travelling myself,but at the same time I would love to make friends during my travel.
      Hotel can have arrangements for tourist?

6)Is it better to stay at hotel?(I want my own room,bathroom,but in the meantime, would love to make friends as well:))

Thanks for reading my long question!
      I appreciate your kind help:)

more
    • EffaEfufu's Profile Photo

Narita airport to shibuya

by EffaEfufu Online Now Nov 22, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Hello vters!
      Need some advise on various options of shuttle buses from Narita airport to Shibuya ( Ceruleun tokyu hotel) .
      Which bus services should I take?

more

Narita airport to shibuya

by EffaEfufu Online Now Nov 22, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Hello vters!
      Need some advise on various options of shuttle buses from Narita airport to Shibuya ( Ceruleun tokyu hotel) .
      Which bus services should I take?

5 Answers Nov 23, 2015 at 2:26 AM
    • faffy's Profile Photo

where is the best place to stay for a week in tokyo

by faffy Online Now Nov 18, 2015 at 3:43 AM

hi. I am travelling with my husband on January 1. I am just wondering what place to stay in Tokyo. a place near in shopping areas, accessible to train stations, restaurants and interesting places. also, what clothes do we need to bring. many thanks in advance.

4 Answers 14 hours ago
    • My Myanmar trip in December

by hrnkai Online Now Nov 14, 2015 at 6:50 AM

Hello,

I'm planning to trip Myanmar this December(from 19th-24th night).

My flight will get there to Yangon at 17:15 Dec 19th and leave Yangon at 22:10 Dec 24 to Tokyo and arriving early in the morning of 25th.

So it's pretty short stay, i'm not planning to stay Yangon much,but love to visit Bagan for sure. However, I want to visit Inle lake as well.

My concern on this trip is..
      1)I would love to relax and see historical cites as well as natures.

2)My current plan as below:

12/19--->17:15 arrive to Yangon. stay one night in Yangon

12/20--->leave for Bagan by airplane.

12/21--->stay Bagan

12/22--->leave for Inle lake by air plane

12/23--->stay in Inle lake

12/24--->stay in Inle lake and leave Inle lake afternoon for Yangon to catch my flight to Tokyo of 22:10.

12/25--->arrive tokyo early in the morning

3)my plan above is tight for the last day?

4)which do you recommend to stay longer, Bagan or Inle lake?
      Or if you have any advice on my travel plan above, pls let me know.

5)Im travelling myself,but at the same time I would love to make friends during my travel.
      Hotel can have arrangements for tourist?

6)Is it better to stay at hotel?(I want my own room,bathroom,but in the meantime, would love to make friends as well:))

Thanks for reading my long question!
      I appreciate your kind help:)

4 Answers Nov 19, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Disneysea/land tickets

by EffaEfufu Online Now Nov 12, 2015 at 7:53 AM

Can someone pls reccomend me websites or travel agents where I can purchase Disneyland/sea tickets at discounted price?
      Thank you

1 Answer Nov 12, 2015 at 9:23 AM

Japanese Selvedge denim

by EffaEfufu Online Now Nov 10, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Can someone suggest places that I can purchase affordable Japanese selvedge denims or any vintage/2nd hand store where I can get really cool stuffs?
      What are the popular brand names of these selvedge denims?

Thank you!

3 Answers Nov 29, 2015 at 7:37 PM

Pre book tickets for Shinkansen to osaka

by EffaEfufu Online Now Nov 10, 2015 at 9:19 AM

can I prebooked my tickets to Osaka on the Shinkansen? If so, how do I go about doing it?

1 Answer Nov 10, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Tokyo trip for 7days

by EffaEfufu Online Now Nov 10, 2015 at 8:00 AM

Hello!
      I needed some tips for my Virgin Tokyo trip end of the month.
      1) should I get a nex , suica or pormo card for my travels in Tokyo or it would be better savings for me to get the JR pass since il be using it for my 3days trip to Osaka on the Shinkansen ?
      2) will I be able to use the JR pass for the public transportation in Tokyo such as the metro n buses?
      3) or would it best for me to just purchase a single return trip to Osaka on the Shinkansen?
      4) is it advisable to take an airport bus or express to my hotel (CERELEUN TOKYU HOTEL)?
      5)any tour websites that I can buy Disney sea/land at a much affordable rate?

7 Answers Nov 11, 2015 at 10:41 PM
    • I need help to understand how to turn off a solar radio I bought in Kyoto

by bethreymatias Online Now Oct 28, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Can somebody who knows how to read Japanese help me how to turn off a solar radio box + multi charge which is just a small gadget?
      I scanned the instructions but I can't seem to paste a picture here :(

Would appreciate the help very much.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Oct 29, 2015 at 11:20 AM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Koishikawa Korakuen or Rikugien?

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Oct 24, 2015 at 4:07 AM

I'm arriving in Tokyo on the 26th of October. Planning to have lunch in Asakusa then dinner at Kagurazaka on the 28th. In between I would like to visit either Koishikawa Korakuen or Rikugien since I love Japanese Gardens (Streams, stones, steps, bridges, maples and Sakura.. Unfortunately I know I'm too early for Koyo this time). I have yet to visit either of these gardens.

Which one would you recommend? I read that There are some construction works at Koishikawa Korakuen..

Tq, Mel

5 Answers Oct 24, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Best beef tongue in tokyo?

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Oct 21, 2015 at 3:31 AM

I've been to Negishi (which I like) and now I just read about Date No Gyutan.. Which is better? Will be visiting Tokyo next week and intend to have a meal of Gyutan. Should I stick to Negishi or try out Date? Or anyone with a better recommendation, please?

Tq, Mel

3 Answers Nov 2, 2015 at 7:30 PM

Which terminal at Haneda Airport has better F&B choice?

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Oct 18, 2015 at 1:08 AM

Hi!
      My flight out of Haneda Airport's International Terminal departs at 23:45.. Planning to arrive at the airport earlier. Which terminal should I head for to have a good final meal?
      Tq, Mel

6 Answers Oct 18, 2015 at 10:26 AM
    • Gotemba Premium Outlet & Private Onsen

by lenore29 Online Now Oct 10, 2015 at 5:19 PM

Hi everyone

I'm staying at the courtyard Marriott and would like to do a visit to Gotemba Premium Outlets as well as do a private onsen experience. Could you please tell me what is the best way to do both in the same day? Any recommendations of a good private onsen? Thanks.

2 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 6:26 PM
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Tokyo 1 1/2 day layover

by Dabs Online Now Oct 5, 2015 at 7:04 AM

We're considering going to Singapore in late January and there are no direct flights so one of the places I can change planes is Tokyo and since we've never been, I thought we might do a short layover. It looks like I can get a flight that arrives mid to late day on Friday, we could spend all day Saturday and fly to Singapore the next day midday. I will guess that we will be quite tired from the 13 hour flight so probably looking for the following:

hotel for 2 nights for 2 people that won't make my pocketbook cry too loudly, I am fine with anything clean that has a bed and a private shower in a safe neighborhood (no hostels or shared facilities), easy access to transit to the airport a plus

dinner on Friday night, then off to sleep

what to see on Saturday to get a feel for the city, I know it's too short of a visit to see everything but we're interested in history and enjoy visiting markets

lunch and dinner on Saturday

I've had a look at the average weather and it says 38/50F low/high, that will be warm for us at that time of year since we live in Chicago :-)

Thanks for any help!

6 Answers Oct 6, 2015 at 2:15 PM
    • souveneir

by shalmali Online Now Oct 4, 2015 at 2:12 AM

Best place to buy a sovewneir in Akihabara?

2 Answers Oct 9, 2015 at 11:28 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

is monday october 12 a national holiday?

by mindcrime Online Now Oct 1, 2015 at 12:52 PM

is monday october 12 a national holiday?
      if so:
      1)does this affect public transport in Tokyo?
      2)are some atractions closed? the East Imperial Gardens will be open? (they are closed on mondays but when monday is holiday they close the next day, right?)
      3)I was thinking to start from Hama Rikyu gardens in the morning, then take the train to Tokyo Station and walk to East Imperial Gardens but the rest of the day will be free. any suggestions considering we will cover the following the rest of our days in Tokyo:
      Meiji Shrine, Takeshita Dori, Shibuya Crossing, Shinjuku, Tsukiji Fish Market, Hamarikyu Gardens, Akihabara / Ginza, Asakusa, Sensoji temple, Ueno Park

9 Answers Oct 2, 2015 at 1:40 AM
    • Haneda; Tokyo; Hakone; Miyajima

by yang11 Online Now Sep 7, 2015 at 2:43 AM

Hi all,

I'll be going Tokyo, and thinking of going Hakone to view Mt Fuji & Hiroshima (Miyajima). I've been to Kyoto & Osaka last year.

I'm stuck on planning on the transport arrangements..(which is more difficult as I thought compared to Kansai Region), especially Haneda airport to Tokyo town on our arrival. =(

firstly, we will be there for 9D8N, I'm planning to get 7 days JR Pass. how can i get additional 1-2 days JR pass for the additional day usage?

I'm planning to use the JR pass on 3rd day onwards till my return so that we can use the JR Pass on N'EX train as we will be departing from Narita Airport.

If i can't get additional 1-2 days JR pass, what will be the best transport / route from haneda to Shinjuku area? If I purchase ad-hoc monorail ticket from Haneda airport to Shinjuku? We will be renting apartment near shinjuku area. is there any metro / subway we can hop on from Hamamatsucho or Shinagawa station after taking monorail from Haneda airport?

Secondly, in order to see mt. Fuji, understand Hakone will be one of the best options. what will be the best way to get there? Should we stay overnight or it can be day trip?

lastly, visiting Miyajima will be in my plan too.. I know we can make use of JR Pass on shinkansen and even JR ferry.. I'd like to seek advise on accommodation. Is it worth spending a night stay at Hiroshima / Miyajima?

Thank you

13 Answers Oct 20, 2015 at 7:45 PM

4 day itinerary

by mindcrime Online Now Aug 31, 2015 at 12:47 PM

day1:
      arriving from Kyoto, check in at 13.30 (we're near Uguisudani Station) and then:
      Meiji Shrine > Takeshita Dori > Shibuya Crossing & Hachiko Statue > Shinjuku

day2:
      Tsukiji Fish Market > Hamarikyu Gardens > Akihabara / Ginza

day3:
      Asakusa > Sensoji temple > Ueno Park

day4:
      ????

day5:
      flying back home

1)what do you think about the itinerary? should we skip something or add more?
      2)should we use single tickets, day pass or Suica card? the first day we will use JR line as our JR pass will still be valid, but what about the 3 days after?
      3)any suggestions for 4th day? no long day trips as we will do a lot of them the previous days around Kyoto

8 Answers Aug 31, 2015 at 11:27 PM

how to reach Oak Hostel Zen from JR train station

by mindcrime Online Now Aug 27, 2015 at 11:47 AM

we will take the train from Kyoto (9.33am) arriving at Tokyo at 12:10.
      Any idea at which station we have to get off?
      and how will reach OAK HOSTEL ZEN from there?
      address of the hostel: 110-0003 Tokyo Prefecture, Taito-ku, Negishi 3-3-3

have in mind we will have JR pass.

3 Answers Aug 28, 2015 at 12:56 AM
    • What should i pack for a 25 day trip in winter Osaka, Tokyo and Yuzawa

by Kitty420 Online Now Aug 21, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Hi, i'll be in Japan mid December - January and have no idea what to pack. I'm a girl from Australia, so i've never really been in cold weather before.

I'll be in Osaka 7 days, Kyoto 3 days, Tokyo 7 and Yuzawa 3.
      I'm hoping to start buying clothing soon so and i have no idea where to start.

6 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 6:19 PM
    • vandermine's Profile Photo

Clubbing friends in tokyo?

by vandermine Online Now Aug 7, 2015 at 3:23 AM

Good way to make friends, while clubbing tokyo?

2 Answers Aug 7, 2015 at 2:25 PM
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Please Need Advice accommodation - Tokyo for 30 days starting second week of August

by listenandlearn Online Now Jul 28, 2015 at 9:45 PM

1. In Spain many homes rent rooms to tourists guests by the month. Would there be something like this for 2 tourists visiting Tokyo, preferably in Shinjuku or near Shinjuku.
      2.Is there a monthly budget train ticket and discount for senior travelers.
      3. We are non-smokers so we hope it will not be difficult non-smokers accommodation.
      thank you for any advice given.

2 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 4:04 AM
    • Name in itinerary (Expedia)

by Grabeel Online Now Jul 18, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Hello!

I just booked a fligth by Expedia, and in my itinerary my name is like "Mr. -Given Name- -Surname-". The correct shouldn't be "Mr. -Surname- -Given Name-"? Do I have to ask for name change?

9 Answers Jul 20, 2015 at 1:06 PM
    • EihabHassan's Profile Photo

From Haneda airport to Tokyo

by EihabHassan Online Now Jun 30, 2015 at 3:54 AM

How to get to tokyo from Haneda airport after 12:00 PM

6 Answers Jul 5, 2015 at 11:08 PM
    • kcnaguit's Profile Photo

narita or haneda?

by kcnaguit Online Now Jun 16, 2015 at 7:40 AM

hi! i plan to book a hotel around Tokyo Station, which is the better airport in terms of travel time and cost?
      Narita to Tokyo Station or Haneda to Tokyo Station?
      thanks!

7 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 9:07 AM
    • Tour guide for cat island

by varun_ecboy Online Now Jun 11, 2015 at 8:24 PM

I am not able to find the tour guides for Aoshima Cat Island. Can anyone help me out. I need the English speaking guide for 1 day to show around Aoshima

Regards
      Varun

1 Answer Jun 12, 2015 at 12:12 AM
    • Help to find a guide and plan a trip

by varun_ecboy Online Now Jun 11, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Dear friends
      I am coming to Tokyo on 24 Sept (reaching Narita at 9pm) and leaving on 4 Oct at 10am. So I have 9 full days. Can u suggest a plan for this trip for 2pax.

My wish list include
      Tokyo
      Kyoto
      Mt.fuji (no need to get near) I need to click pic from far
      Jigokudani monkey park
      Aoshima cat village
      Zao fox village
      Sagano bamboo forest
      Kokogen garden,himeji

Regards
      Varun

2 Answers Jun 12, 2015 at 12:12 AM
    • kcnaguit's Profile Photo

summer sale season

by kcnaguit Online Now Jun 11, 2015 at 2:39 AM

hi! when does the sale season begin ?

1 Answer Jun 12, 2015 at 12:12 AM

Direction within Tokyo Station

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Jun 9, 2015 at 2:21 AM

Hi everyone!

I really need help regarding Tokyo Station.

I will arrive into Tokyo Station at track 3 (Keihin-Tohoku Line) or track 4 (Yamanote Line) from Hamamatsucho. I will give myself an hour at Tokyo Station before boarding the Joetsu Shinkansen for Jomo-Kogen, departing from platform 22.
      In this one hour I would like to go buy ekiben from Ekiben-ya Matsuri which I read is at Tokyo Station City's Central Street. I also read that it is inside the paid section of the station.

Would anyone be kind enough to give me a clear direction, please? Do I need to go to another level? I am a bit confuse about the 'paid section'.. Does it mean I don't exit from the Yamanote/Keihin-Tohoku area but just head towards the Shinkansen gate? I see in the map the shop is in between the tracks 3/4 and 22. But I am not sure if I need to go to a different floor..
      tokyostationcity.com/pdf/yub...

Tq, Mel

3 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 8:38 AM
    • I'm in Tokyo for 5 nights! Help me plan!

by girgisjames Online Now May 30, 2015 at 8:19 AM

Hi All,

As part of my honeymoon, I am going to be in Tokyo, Japan (Ginza District) for 5 nights. Here is what the tour operator has planned so far, please let me know if I should add/remove things:

1) Mount Fiji & Hakone Tour (Motorcoach 1 day)
      2) Tokyo full day tour (Tokyo Observatory, Enjoy a traditional tea ceremony at Happoen Garden, Chinzanso Restaurant lunch. Continue on to the Imperial Palace, and then cruise on the Sumida
      River which will take you to Tokyo Bay for a cruise up the Sumida River to Asakusa. You will visit
      the Akasuka Kanon Temple and Nakamise Shopping Arcade and the tour will end with a drive
      through Ginza.)

I am particularly interested in amazing food!

We are staying at the Mandarin Oriental.

Thanks

2 Answers May 31, 2015 at 5:45 PM
    • One-day prive tour guide suggestions please

by PamelaMark Online Now May 29, 2015 at 8:38 AM

Hello! We will be in Tokyo for 2 days and then off to Sendai for a week and then back to Tokyo area. I would like to hire a guide for one day to "get the lay of the land" so to speak, have him/her show us the train system, some local things to see. Any suggestions? Has anyone used "Tours by Locals"? thanks for any and all suggestions. (Any suggestions about Sendai, too, but I might put that in another post.)

8 Answers Jun 2, 2015 at 8:38 PM