change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tokyo to mount fuji

by nurmardhiya.abdrahim Online Now Nov 20, 2016 at 5:10 AM

Hi need help on mount fuji
      I am planning to have one night stay at mt fuji? Where should i stay? Is it easy to get to mt fuji from tokyo without using tour package?

Ski resort suggestion maybe..

Thanks in advance

more
    • place to stay in tokyo

by nurmardhiya.abdrahim Online Now Nov 19, 2016 at 1:22 AM

which part of tokyo is best to stay?
      a) hotel area suggestion
      my stay will be for 7-8 days.

Thanks in advance

more
    • tishina's Profile Photo

Tokyo = six days late December

by tishina Online Now Nov 5, 2016 at 12:08 PM

Hello Travellers

We are four who are going to Tokyo from the 29th December till the 4th January 2017.
      We have booked flight and accomadation .
      So I would like to know if there will be anything special during these days .
      We would like to visit the Moutain Mount Fuji, would that be a problem this time of year ? , I know there are better times to go .
      I love doing local things and visiting the curious places when I visit a country .So I would appricate your knowledge.
      Thanks in advance
      Letty

more
    • Where is the best part to start in TOKYO

by nurmardhiya.abdrahim Online Now Nov 18, 2016 at 10:45 PM

any suggestion for the best place in tokyo?

I am going in January and still do not have idea where to stay and what to do in tokyo during winter.

thanks a lot

more
    • Tokyo to mount fuji

by nurmardhiya.abdrahim Online Now Nov 20, 2016 at 5:10 AM

Hi need help on mount fuji
      I am planning to have one night stay at mt fuji? Where should i stay? Is it easy to get to mt fuji from tokyo without using tour package?

Ski resort suggestion maybe..

Thanks in advance

2 Answers Nov 20, 2016 at 10:41 AM
    • place to stay in tokyo

by nurmardhiya.abdrahim Online Now Nov 19, 2016 at 1:22 AM

which part of tokyo is best to stay?
      a) hotel area suggestion
      my stay will be for 7-8 days.

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Nov 20, 2016 at 12:11 AM
    • Where is the best part to start in TOKYO

by nurmardhiya.abdrahim Online Now Nov 18, 2016 at 10:45 PM

any suggestion for the best place in tokyo?

I am going in January and still do not have idea where to stay and what to do in tokyo during winter.

thanks a lot

7 Answers Nov 19, 2016 at 10:35 PM
    • tishina's Profile Photo

Tokyo = six days late December

by tishina Online Now Nov 5, 2016 at 12:08 PM

Hello Travellers

We are four who are going to Tokyo from the 29th December till the 4th January 2017.
      We have booked flight and accomadation .
      So I would like to know if there will be anything special during these days .
      We would like to visit the Moutain Mount Fuji, would that be a problem this time of year ? , I know there are better times to go .
      I love doing local things and visiting the curious places when I visit a country .So I would appricate your knowledge.
      Thanks in advance
      Letty

8 Answers Nov 8, 2016 at 5:29 AM
    • Long Layover in Narita, Can I go into Tokyo?

by nicole.williams82 Online Now Nov 2, 2016 at 10:52 AM

Hello, My husband and I will have a long layover in Narita on February 9th- arrive 8:25am depart 5:05pm. We were hoping to get into Tokyo for a couple hours and are wondering if this is possible and what would be the best way to do this? Are there any tour companies that could meet us at the airport and take us directly into Tokyo and back to the airport so we don't get lost? OR would it make more sense to stay in Narita and is there anything worth seeing there? Thanks! Nicole

6 Answers Nov 4, 2016 at 12:55 AM
    • oslocairo's Profile Photo

Day trip to visit snow monkey Park near Nagano from Kyoto or Tokyo?

by oslocairo Online Now Oct 23, 2016 at 7:46 PM

I will be staying in both places.I s it possible to visit the park as a day trip from either or Tokyo?

Thanks

9 Answers Oct 25, 2016 at 10:30 PM
    • oslocairo's Profile Photo

11 visiting days How much time in Tokyo and Kyoto?

by oslocairo Online Now Oct 22, 2016 at 11:18 AM

Hi, this will be my first trip to Japan. I would like to stay primarily in Tokyo, I think, in a hostel, but want to see Kyoto. I want to see old architecture and gardens, as well as museums, etc. I also want to see Modern Tokyo too, but am not sure how much time I should spend in each city, as I am limited on time.

Also, any suggested day trips? I like to visit large cities, but then contrast them with a day trip to a smaller more traditional place.

Thanks.

9 Answers Oct 24, 2016 at 7:38 AM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Transit at Sengakuji Station

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Oct 13, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Hi!

I need to go from Asakusabashi Station to Haneda Airport. I have already checked Hyperdia and see there are direct as well as some that require 1 transit at Sengakuji Station, ie: hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/searc...

Can anyone help to clarify about the change of train at Sengakuji please? I see only 1 minute wait. Is the change at the same platform or the platform across?
      I would try to catch the direct train from Asakusabashi to Haneda of cause, but just in case..

Thanks, Mel

4 Answers Oct 14, 2016 at 4:11 PM
    • Tokyo to Kyoto

by Mandee009 Online Now Oct 4, 2016 at 8:27 AM

I will be arriving in Japan first week of November. Our travel plans include seeing Tokyo, Yokohama, Hakone and Kyoto.
      I have been reading about the JRPass. Which pass should be purchased? Would it be worth it?
      Also, are there any apps that you would recommend downloading prior to our trip? Any Maps? To help get around
      Thanks!!

9 Answers Oct 23, 2016 at 6:21 PM
    • Itinerary & general cost of living

by crazymum Online Now Oct 1, 2016 at 1:39 AM

Thinking of doing a stop over in Japan Dec/Jan 207/2018 - going via Japan to New Zealand with NZ airlines - on the bucket list for 2 wrinklies!!

Want to see Narito/Hanenko/Kyoto and was thinking of remaining in Tokyo and doing day excursions even though they're long and expensive - Not into hiking/walking cable cars/ropeways excludes many of the Mt Fuji Haven't got the confidence to explore on our own given the language probs - just want to see and experience some of the culture - but definitely no reptiles/snakes as I've got a big phobia - don't mind doing a reasonable amount of walking. Looking at Viator & City Discovery Tours ? - used Viator before

We've also heard horror stories about the cost of living - so we thought that by booking hotels a year out on a free [cancellation basis we'd do a reasonable price - will only stay in hotels with ensuite, but what about food? Anything food that is simple and cheap would be acceptable - quite happy to eat in McDs for a few days to keep prices down

All suggestions much appreciated - know it's a long way off but there is so much planning to do which I will find loads of fun - hoping to slot in Singapore & Hong Kong - kids watch your inheritance disappear!!

15 Answers Oct 24, 2016 at 6:16 AM
    • public transport from Haneida Airport to City Centre of Tokyo

by stephenao Online Now Sep 25, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Hi everyone, I will arrive Haneida airport very late evening almost 1am. Is there any public transit bus to the hotel in city centre?

Any budget hotels recommend to stay for 2 people

6 Answers Oct 2, 2016 at 2:43 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Typhoon Malakas versus Rain Jacket and Travel Alert

by Chyan Online Now Sep 17, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Hi, i want to know whether Tokyo has issued any Travel Alert to foreign tourists that are planning to arrive in Narita and Haneda in view of Typhoon Malakas approaching Osaka and Tokyo.

May I know whether a rain jacket is advisable to be worn on Wednesday instead of buying a long stick umbrella in a Tokyo convenience store? Here in Singapore it costs around 150 SIngapore Dollars to buy a Marmot logo rain jacket. I will arrive in Narita on Wednesday 21 September morning before 12 pm.

17 Answers Oct 1, 2016 at 4:20 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Weather in Tokyo in September : Summer or Autumn?

by Chyan Online Now Sep 10, 2016 at 7:01 AM

Hi, i checked Accuweather. It states it will be rainy almost throughout September. Hasn't autumn arrived by 22 September?

14 Answers Sep 14, 2016 at 5:27 AM
    • Hotel in tokyo or very near downtown

by dianemizrahi Online Now Sep 9, 2016 at 2:30 PM

What are some nice hotels that are not costly?
      Anybody heard of Daiichi hotel ryogoku ?

8 Answers Sep 10, 2016 at 7:06 AM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Asakusabashi Subway Station Accessibility

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Sep 2, 2016 at 3:27 AM

Hi,

I'm looking at staying near Asakusabashi Station. Will be traveling from Haneda Airport and back.
      I know that I can catch the Keikyu Airport Express from Haneda via Sengakuji to Asakusabashi Subway Station. I also know that there is an elevator at exit A1. However, I can't find the layout map for the Asakusabashi Subway Station. We will be lugging quite large luggage and won't choose this location if we need to lug them up any stairs within the station.
      Would anyone have a link to the layout map, please?

Tq! Mel

8 Answers Sep 5, 2016 at 3:46 AM
    • Looking for one special inverted house, which I found in the middle of Tokyo

by AndreasH9 Online Now Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Hello, my name is Andreas.
      And I reall hope, somebody could help me a little bit with my question.

For about 14 years it was the last time I visited Tokyo.
      But then, one day, while I was strolling through this city, I actually found a wonderful building, which was inverted, about 10 meters high und wide with a spiky roof.
      As far as I can remember, this house was laying on one side of his roof and was maybe pink.
      But in this second point, I am not really sure anymore.

I donĀ“t have any clue, where I found this house in Tokyo, so I really hope. anybody could give me a little hint^.^

Thank you very much in advance.
      Andreas

7 Answers Sep 13, 2016 at 5:28 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Use of Suica and Pasmo cards in Tokyo

by Chyan Online Now Aug 28, 2016 at 5:54 AM

Can both Suica and Pasmo cards be used on the Skyliner, Access Express and Limited Express Lines from Narita Airport and Yurikamome, besides the JR and Tokyo Metro and Tokyo Monorail?

7 Answers Aug 28, 2016 at 11:01 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Vegetarian restaurants in Shimbashi and Nihombashi / Kayabacho

by Chyan Online Now Aug 26, 2016 at 4:35 PM

Does anyone know if there are Vegetarian restaurants in Shimbashi and Nihombashi / Kayabacho? I hear Tokyu Stay Shimbashi has Italian restaurant. How about the rest? Are there cheaper food courts in Tokyo?

13 Answers Aug 28, 2016 at 7:15 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Concerning all railway stations in Tokyo

by Chyan Online Now Aug 26, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Are Tokyo Subway, JR, New Transit Yurikamome stations luggage user-friendly? I have watched a few YouTube videos showing long deep staircases at Kayabacho and Nihombashi stations. Is it advisable to travel with one luggage and one small bag on Tokyo Subway, JR and New Transit Yurikamome trains? Are there no escalators at all trains stations in Tokyo? And how are those unable to walk or on wheelchairs going to travel smoothly on trains in Tokyo?

10 Answers Aug 28, 2016 at 6:37 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Can taxi-drivers in Tokyo speak simple English to foreign tourists? Travel in Tokyo taxi

by Chyan Online Now Aug 24, 2016 at 5:32 AM

Hi, i want to know whether taxi-drivers in Tokyo can speak simple English to foreign tourists. For example, if i say "i want to go back to Shimbashi Station" from Sanei Building in Shimbashi, will the Japanese taxi-driver understand the request?

Or must i write down the name of the destination according to online Japanese transliteration before i leave for Tokyo?

In Shimbashi, will the taxi stop to pick me up if i hail to a vacant taxi?

3 Answers Aug 26, 2016 at 4:28 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Can taxi-drivers in Tokyo speak simple English to foreign tourists? Travel in Tokyo taxi

by Chyan Online Now Aug 24, 2016 at 5:32 AM

Hi, i want to know whether taxi-drivers in Tokyo can speak simple English to foreign tourists. For example, if i say "i want to go back to Shimbashi Station" from Sanei Building in Shimbashi, will the Japanese taxi-driver understand the request?

Or must i write down the name of the destination according to online Japanese transliteration before i leave for Tokyo?

In Shimbashi, will the taxi stop to pick me up if i hail to a vacant taxi?

11 Answers Aug 26, 2016 at 8:30 PM
    • Stop to Mt Fuji on the way from Tokyo to Osaka

by sicilianboy79 Online Now Aug 22, 2016 at 4:32 AM

Hi everyone,

I am planning to spend most of my time in Japan (early September) in Tokyo and Osaka and then do day trips from the two cities.

In the case of Mt. Fuji , I am only interested at seeing it and taking some photograph. Now considering that this might not happen due to the weather, I would not like to take a day only to find out that the nice Volcano is behind clouds.

I would like then to try my luck only on my way from Tokyo to Osaka and stop somewhere where the Mountain could visible.

What would be the best route I should take by train and where should I stop for a few hours ?

Thanks ,

Ross

3 Answers Aug 28, 2016 at 6:39 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Weather in Tokyo in September

by Chyan Online Now Aug 21, 2016 at 6:17 AM

Is September in Tokyo summer or autumn? I am coming to Tokyo on 22 September. If it rains, will the rain be showers or heavy rain?

5 Answers Aug 23, 2016 at 6:22 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How to walk to the Tokyo offices of Air Tahiti Nui and Aurora Airlines?

by Chyan Online Now Aug 21, 2016 at 2:38 AM

Does anyone know how to walk to the Tokyo offices of Air Tahiti Nui and Aurora Airlines? I only know the nearest train stations are Ginza and Shimbashi.

Air Tahiti Nui is located at Shin-Yurakucho Building, 1-12-1 Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku.

Aurora Airlines Representative is located at Sanei Building, Shimbashi 5-23-7, Minato-ku.

9 Answers Aug 30, 2016 at 10:58 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How to travel by train to MIAT Mongolian Airlines' Tokyo Office?

by Chyan Online Now Aug 20, 2016 at 10:18 PM

May I know if travel from Nihombashi to MIAT Mongolian Airlines' Tokyo Office, at which Subway station should I alight? MIAT Mongolian Airlines Tokyo Office is at Tachibana Building, 2-19-4 Nishinippori, Arakawa-ku, Tokyo 116-0013.

2 Answers Aug 21, 2016 at 7:31 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

SKY ACCESS Line from Narita Airport

by Chyan Online Now Aug 20, 2016 at 7:29 AM

Hi, may i know whether SKY ACCESS Line travels directly to Oshiage Station? How much does it cost for the ride to Oshiage on way from Narita Airport?

Or is there is direct express train to Tokyo Station from Narita Airport?

10 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 3:43 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Questions concerning Tokyo FIT travel and Tokyo Big Sight

by Chyan Online Now Aug 16, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Are there English direction signs to Tokyo Big Sight? How to get to Tokyo Big Sight from the Tokyo airports at 10.30 pm? I speak English and Mandarin only.

15 Answers Aug 24, 2016 at 5:57 PM
    • Capitanissa's Profile Photo

Help us find quality, traditional inexpensive lodging in "old Tokyo"

by Capitanissa Online Now Aug 2, 2016 at 1:15 AM

I would rather spend a small amount on lodging, and something traditional in Tokyo, but my husband and I would like a private room, hopefully with WC/shower. We would also prefer to be in a traditional area of Tokyo, can anyone point us in the right direction? We are planning way ahead, plenty of time to do research. Many Thanks!

4 Answers Aug 17, 2016 at 4:10 PM
    • 24HRS LAYOVER IN TOKYO

by ortize0418 Online Now Jul 26, 2016 at 4:11 PM

I'll be doing a layover in Tokyo from 8pm until 5pm next day.
      which areas would you recommend to stay and what to do during this short time?

Thanks

Enrique

4 Answers Aug 1, 2016 at 6:31 PM
    • appleseed81's Profile Photo

Large luggage storage service (not locker)

by appleseed81 Online Now May 21, 2016 at 9:32 PM

Hi, does anyone know of any luggage storage service counters (not lockers) for 4 nights near to Shibuya/Ueno train stations? Or any other major train stations in Tokyo central?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 1, 2016 at 12:24 AM