change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• davidjo's Profile Photo

type of power outlets/plugs

Vietnam Oct 9, 2016 at 11:32 PM

I have read that the most common one is the two pin flat or round but also three pins are used to. In North Vietnam guest houses which ones would be the most common?

• Visa on arrival for Indian

Vietnam Oct 13, 2016 at 4:10 AM

Hi we are group of 4 travelling to Vietnam on 12th Nov 2016. Can we get visa on arrival after showing the approval letter from vietnam immigration. If yes what is the procedure to get this approval letter?

• SummerB20's Profile Photo

Public transport to get around the city

Hanoi Oct 11, 2016 at 4:06 AM

I am moving to Hanoi in a couple of weeks for work and will need to get around fairly quickly to different areas (teaching in different language centres). I was wondering if the buses are fairly easy and stress free to use a couple of times a day to get around, because I reeeeally don't want to get a bike. Thanks!

• Halong Bay to Hanoi Airport - Day cruise Halong

Vietnam Oct 10, 2016 at 3:22 PM

Has anyone traveled from Halong Bag to Hanoi Airport by car?

If so, how long did it take you?
      Was there much traffic?

We have a domestic flight at 21:15, and we can be in Halong on the same day at 11:30 the latest by car.

So are not sure, when we are there if we have time for a cruise and for the trip back to the airport by 19:30 latest so we can catch the flight at 21:15.

Thanks in advance

2 days or 3 days

Ha Long Oct 9, 2016 at 10:22 PM

Interested to know your thoughts on this.
      3D2N on boat
      3D2N one night on boat and one night on island
      2D1N on boat
      Have you done this recently? Any recommended agency/boat

• JohannP's Profile Photo

Vietnam Sep 25, 2016 at 2:45 AM

Hi there We are from Cape Town, South Africa and are planning a trip to Vietnam in December 2016 for about 7 weeks. We are wondering whether to visit the neighbouring countries of Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia as well. We have been to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket) before but would like to maybe spent some time there in a place we haven't been before. We would like to stay at least 5 days in one place so we would like to select the best places. We would appreciate your advice as to an which cities and towns to visit and the itinerary. If we have to miss 1 or 2 countries, which one's would you suggest. We will arrive and depart from Hanoi. Possible cities to visit include: Hanoi Hue Ho Chi Minh Siem Reap Phnom Penh Vientiane Luang Prabang Hanoi Thanks in advance. Have a good day. Johann

• HelenR31's Profile Photo

Visa from Indian Embassy in HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 20, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Hi there, I'm a UK citizen and I had my passport and wallet stolen in HCMC. I've now got an emergency passport and am in the process of getting all the visas I need for my onward journey.

However I'm a bit confused... My flight back to the UK involves a one and a half hour stop over in Delhi to change planes. On the UK gov site it says that people travelling on an ETD ( emergency passport) need a visa and TWO ETD's - one to enter Delhi and one to leave Delhi. I'm having trouble finding out if this is true as I've had no reply to my emails and can't get through on the phone to the Indian Embassy. Can anyone help?

Northwest loop

Hanoi Oct 9, 2016 at 10:26 PM

We are interested in doing a 5-6-7 day tour (organised, not by motorbike) of the NW.
      Mai Chao, Son La, Dien Bien Phu, Lai Chau, Sapa and Bac Ha market.
      Anyone done this recently. If so, any recommendations for agencies or tour companies.
      Thanks in advance.

• Is February a good month to travel and visit Hanoi?

Vietnam Sep 27, 2016 at 12:21 AM

I'm planning to travel to Hanoi February of next year. Would that be okay? I mean is the weather good for travelers visiting Hanoi during February? Thank you all for your replies.

Popular Tinh Ba Ria-Vung Tau Travel Answer Locations