VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Timbavati Game Reserve

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Floripa35's Profile Photo

best neighborhoods to stay

Johannesburg Feb 14, 2017 at 4:23 PM

I will be in city 4 days (next month). I need choose a place to booking. Could you give me tips of best parts of JoBurg to stay? I intent rent a private house/apartment, I won´t go to hotels.
      Where the relation cost/benefits is good? Some places with easy moving to know better the city.
      Thaks all contribuiton.

more
    • Gomo Gomo...a chalet or tent

by belfastboy1 Online Now Jan 30, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Hi there

I am making enquiries as to what people would recommend with regard to staying 3 nights at the above.. is it more authentic to stay in a tent ( albeit fairly good quality ie shower wc power etc!), or in a thatched roof chalet with solid walls. Has anyone stayed in this lodge or similar? It appears from some reviews peoples suggest the tented experience. I see from phots the tents are raised on tilts, seem to have a verranda/relaxation area, whilst the chalets, once you leave the door, you are on the path of the lodge and nowhere to go!!??/chill...also what is the norm with reagrds to luggage?, is there secure area in chalet/tent or the lodge generally, or is luggage left in your tent with no solid dooor I imagine...any advice most useful.

1 Answer Feb 1, 2007 at 3:27 PM