Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need help choosing location of accommodation in Welland

New Zealand Oct 15, 2016 at 11:37 AM

We will be driving in from Martinborough to Wellington and stay over night in a place convenient to catch the ferry to Picton the next morning.
      As much as possible we would like to avoid driving through the city and congested areas. Yet be able to explore the city either by foot or by taking public transportation. I looked up the Travelodge hotel, seems to be central enough and close enough for the ferry, but have no idea about driving cond.
      Looking for advice...
      Thanks !

• Milford sound ferry ride

New Zealand Oct 22, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Which is the best way to get to Milford sound from Auckland and back in 3 days

• Which is best driving S from Nelson / Mapua area to Christchurch?

New Zealand Oct 17, 2016 at 8:29 AM

This is a question coming from someone who has experience driving on the right side of the road in a country without hairpin roads ( Canada), and will have driven several weeks on the North Island, and hopefully still around and with more experience by then.... After staying in the Mapua / Nelson we have 4 days left before taking the plane back home from Christchurch. We are planning to spend our last two nights in Christchurch. This leaves two nights for another visit. We want it to be enjoyable and not too stressful.
      The choices I can see are either to drive through Hanmer Springs and spend 2 nights there and from there drive straight to Christchurch. Or to drive from Mapua via Blenheim, Kaikoura to Akaroa and stay there for 2 nights, unless Mapua - Akaroa is too long a drive for one day ?
      I can see that Hanmer Springs in an elevated area, but can't tell if it is hilly vs mountainous?
      We would like to take the route with the most interesting sights as long as the drive is not a difficult / potentially dangerous one. Your help is greatly appreciated!

• wrldtrvlr3341's Profile Photo

Birthday Celebration

New Zealand Oct 14, 2016 at 8:16 AM

I'll be in Auckland for 48 hours before sailing to Australia, Malaysia, Bali on 2/18/17. My birthday is 2/17 and I'd like to have a merry old time. Any suggestions?

• hiring car or van in auckland

New Zealand Oct 7, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Hi, we're coming to NZ in November (first time visitors) and we want to hire a (budget!) campervan and travel around the north island. We've been told it's not economic to do that because you must stay in camping grounds when in the van. Would it be better to hire a car and stay in cheaper accommodation? Can anyone suggest and reliable and cheap car/van hire company? Any other suggestions also welcome. BTW we are an older couple.

• How much time for Rotorua and Taupo?

Rotorua Oct 6, 2016 at 6:32 PM

After visiting Coromandel we have booked 4 nights in Rotorua, thinking to visit Taupo from there, return to Rotorua our " homebase" then continue on to the Hawke's Bay area, perhaps around Napier or Wairoa. But now I am re-thinking. Just booking one hotel for 4 nights makes it feel like home, but we would travel to Taupo, return to Rotorua, and then when driving to Hawke's Bay, travel through Taupo again... How much is there to see in and near Taupo, vs, in and near Rotorua ? Should we leave the reservation as it is, or change, and stay one or even 2 nights in Taupo ? This way we don't drive back and forth... Any recommendations?

• Things for young people to do?...

by kaylz02 Online Now Jul 24, 2006 at 4:21 AM

my boyfriend and i are heading over there in october...(we live in australia) his family are from timaru but i would like to know what there is to do for young people so i can organise something and surprise him... Any activities in the way of adrenalin pumping stuff...something to keep us moving... I dont want him to end up sleeping on his parents couch too lazy to show me around...
      can you suggest a few ideas?

1 Answer Jul 24, 2006 at 4:48 AM