change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• footy_m's Profile Photo

Best Area to be based to Tour Chania ?

Chania Dec 4, 2016 at 7:15 PM

HI 5 Girls are coming to Chania next summer and I'm trying to search were to base them.
      I don't want them driving as they are young, and I prefer they get ferries or boats to go to
      Balos Beach, Elafonissi , and wherever else they want. Is chania the only place to be based for no Transport ?
      They will go clubbing to PLatanias and Agai Marina. Is transport to and from there easy at Night ?

Thanks

more
    • windpaard's Profile Photo

the bus from airport athens to Port rafina stops in artemidas?

Artemida Nov 23, 2016 at 11:43 AM

I would like to know if the bus from Athens airport to port Rafina stops in Artemidas(Artemis) and where are the stops situated?thanks

more
    • Thessaloniki to Istanbul

Greece Nov 26, 2016 at 3:29 AM

Hey, I live in Thessaloniki as an Erasmus-student and I'm going on a trip to Istanbul in the second week of Christmas break. What is the best (and cheapest) way to go there? I found some websites with a night train, which seems perfect for me, but I can't find the prizes anywhere and neither do I know where I can buy the tickets (just at the normal train station of Thessaloniki? Or that special international train ticket store at Plateia Aristotelous?). Can anyone help me out? A bus is also okay, if that's the only other option, but then again I'd prefer a nightbus so it won't cost me any valuable time on travelling.

more

Near Thessaloniki

• How to get from Thessaloniki air port to Ohrid

by vickinakar Online Now Aug 24, 2016 at 9:15 PM

We intend to travel in Macedonia by car but no greek car rental agency allow to drive to macedonia. What are the options to arrive from Thessaloniki air port to Ohrid?

2 Answers Aug 25, 2016 at 1:22 PM
    • Aitana's Profile Photo

Parking in Thessaloniki

by Aitana Online Now Aug 2, 2016 at 10:09 AM

Hello VTers,
      We will stay a few days in Thessaloniki this month and we wonder where we can park the car. I know there are some open air parking lots but I don't know where. Are there parking meters? If so, how do they work? Closed parkings seem to be quite expensive, but perhaps they are safer... I would appreciate any tip, or any link to a website with information on parking (English or Greek).
      By the way, I am also looking for a leisure guide, to find out if there is a concert or any kind of event during our stay in the city. Any suggestion?
      Thanks in advance
      Carmen

7 Answers Nov 3, 2016 at 7:45 AM
    • do you know grekostar ?

by ElenaF14 Online Now Jun 1, 2016 at 12:21 AM

anybody know grekostar rent a car ?

1 Answer Jun 13, 2016 at 8:02 AM
    • Thessaloniki taxi

by ElenaPana Online Now May 26, 2016 at 6:16 AM

Do you know of this taxi company?
      http://www.liontransfer.com

Please let me know asap! Thank you in advance:)

2 Answers May 26, 2016 at 6:52 AM
    • zeytin33's Profile Photo

seafood restaurant

by zeytin33 Online Now Dec 23, 2015 at 6:15 AM

hi
      looking for the best seafood restaurants in Thessaloniki where the locals prefer to eat
      Thanks in advance

2 Answers Dec 23, 2015 at 11:23 AM
    • Motorbike rental

by Jjungle Online Now Nov 18, 2015 at 9:04 AM

I plan to visit north of Greece in May 2016 looking for motorbike rental for 1 week .
      Anybody knows where I can find such rental ?

4 Answers Nov 19, 2015 at 5:38 AM
    • Conditions in Thessaloniki now?

by ConnieS21 Online Now Jul 2, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Hi, I'm planning a vacation to Thessaloniki next week, but am concerned about coming in light of the financial crisis. I know to bring cash, but I've seen on the news that stores are running out of food and gas stations are running out of petrol. Is this more in the area around Athens or is it also in Thessaloniki? Any other tips or insights? Thanks for the help!

3 Answers Jul 3, 2015 at 2:00 AM
    • Wychwoodgolfer's Profile Photo

Thessaloniki - Skopje

by Wychwoodgolfer Online Now Dec 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Can anybody provide reliable contact for transport for 6 persons traveling from Thessaloniki airport - Skopje centre in April 2015. Any other tips or advice on places to visit while in this part of the world would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Eddy

2 Answers Dec 25, 2014 at 9:41 AM
    • Trekking Poles

by RedAlice Online Now Sep 17, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Any advice on buying trekking poles in Thessaloniki?   I left mine at home, and would like to buy some.

2 Answers Sep 17, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • Taxi thessaloniki

by tasosback Online Now Sep 11, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Is there any online service for taxi and transfers in Thessaloniki?

4 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 6:48 AM
    • JLA84's Profile Photo

Safe bars to go ?

by JLA84 Online Now Aug 30, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Im asking again can anybody help where can ı go to have a drink alone in thessaloniki is it safe to go to a bar there at night ?

8 Answers Sep 19, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    • JLA84's Profile Photo

ALONE TRAVELLER

by JLA84 Online Now Aug 30, 2014 at 11:17 AM

İs it safe to go to a bar to drink sth alone as a women traveller or where can ı go at night?

1 Answer Sep 5, 2014 at 2:50 AM
    • location of bus station KTEL in Thessaloniki for bus to Kastraki or Kalambaka

by maultby40 Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Hi there, can anyone tell me the street location of the ktel bus station in thessaloniki, where I can get the bus to Kastraki, Meteora please.

1 Answer Aug 18, 2014 at 7:05 AM
    • short time parking

by alpinista61 Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Hello
      I need to pick up a friend at the airport Macedonia Thessaloniki. I come from the car. How and where to park the car and how much and how to pay for it?

2 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM
    • GroundhogDave's Profile Photo

Bus: Thessaloniki to Sofia

by GroundhogDave Online Now Jul 22, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Haven't posted it yet. Anything else I should add?

My wife and I are going to be in Thessaloniki in late September and from there, we are heading to Sofia. I see that there is now train service between the two cities, but I think the bus still looks to be shorter and arrives earlier, which is favourable for us.

I have a few questions about the bus: 1. Where exactly do you catch the bus? Wikitravel says 'You can catch this bus if you continue on an imaginary line at the end of Maria Luisa street. It meets in front of the "cafe" and just a few meters to the left of the entrance to the WC.' Is that correct?

2. Generally, how is the bus travel on this line? Any idea on how many washroom stops it makes?

3. We arrive in Thessaloniki four days before departing to Sofia. If we pick up tickets when we arrive, will there likely still be some available? Where do we purchase these tickets?

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    • how do I get from Thessaloniki airport to Thessaloniki bus station in order to get to Volos?

by mihaelamusat Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 8:03 AM

how do I get from Thessaloniki airport to Thessaloniki bus station in order to get to Volos?

10 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 11:11 PM
    • GroundhogDave's Profile Photo

Best area to stay in?

by GroundhogDave Online Now May 27, 2014 at 6:00 AM

My wife and I (late 20s) will be in Thessaloniki for four nights in mid-September. Wondering what would be the best area for us to stay in. Interested in seeing the usual sights, as well as hitting up restaurants, nightlife, and just generally experiencing the culture. We usually rent apartments or stay in penions/B&Bs etc. Walkability/access to transport a must.

Side note: Greece will be Karlie's 30th country visited so would like to have a special stay there!

I don't necessarily need reco's for a specific place (but if you have one, that's great), but more just a great neighbourhood or street. Advice on streets to avoid is also appreciated! I'm a light sleeper so don't want to stay directly on a busy main road.

1 Answer May 28, 2014 at 4:31 AM
    • wedding location

by jterpo Online Now May 25, 2014 at 8:02 AM

I am looking for a relatively small sea-side Greek Orthodox church (in Thessaloniki) which would be able to host a holy matrimony. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know the name (and/or location) of either of these chapels?

thisfabtrek.com/journey/euro...

trekearth.com/gallery/Europe...

THANK YOU!!!

3 Answers May 29, 2014 at 10:27 PM
    • Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles

by frux Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles we will be near Moni Vlatadon for 3 days filming
      thanks

• vacuoso's Profile Photo

Ferries: 48hr rolling strikes still? Days of operation?

by vacuoso Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hoping to catch a ferry from Thessaloniki or Kavala to Lesvos on Sunday, April 13. From my calculations, that Sunday would be a day that the ferries DO run... But I wouldn't bet the price of a hostel stay for 2 on it! :) It is unmercifully difficult to find information about options and timetables, etc, even when one goes into the ferry office at the port of Thessaloniki, which I did--they said to call back on Friday but we caught a bus to Toroni instead. Trying to decide when to head back up...

Anybody have any insight into the murky depths that surround the ferry situation?

Many thanks in advance,

.A.

2 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 10:54 PM
    • vacuoso's Profile Photo

Info on taxi to K.T.E.L. Chalkidiki?

by vacuoso Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Hello all!

From the city center, Arch of Galerius to be exact, to K.T.E.L. Chalkidiki bus station (7km south of center on highway 25):

1. Approximate cost of taxi ride? Is it charged on the meter or should I agree to a price before the ride?

2. Approximate length of time on a Thursday, around 12:00.

3. Is there a recommended taxi company to use? 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!! =) Ευχαριστώ!

-Angelo

11 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 2:22 AM
    • Rent a scooter in Thessaloniki?

by Raine7u Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Hi!!! Me and my friends are planing a 1-2 days stay in Thessaloniki, and we were thinking of renting scooters to trip in the city. Can you please recommend me a good place to rent and what the normal prices per day are?

1 Answer Mar 31, 2014 at 5:02 AM
    • Nice restaurants and bars for little money?

by team-mojito Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi!
      Me and my husband are going to Saloniki at the end of april. We both are students, so we can't spend so much money.
      Do you have some advice where we can go out to eat for a nice price? do you know some good and cheap restaurants and bars near the city center? Would be nice if you could help us! :)

2 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    • How can i get from Prague to Vesec?

by LucyThess Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I want to come in Vesec and there are not flights from thessaloniki where i live,so i have to come in Prague first but i really dont know how i m gonna get in Vesec from Prague and how much it will cost! thank you in andvance!

4 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 9:03 AM
    • Airport transfer

by alcando87 Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 5:28 AM

Hello,

I am travelling to Leptokaria from Thessaloniki airport at 9pm on 29th July. What is the cheapest and quickest way of getting there? All signs seem to be pointing to a taxi, if so is it cheaper to pre-book a shuttle car or get a taxi when we get to the airport?

Cheers,

Alex

7 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 12:21 PM
    • Advice on areas around Saloniki with a connection to Alexander the Great

by Staara77 Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 6:15 AM

Hello folks,

I will be travelling to Thessaloniki in early June and I'm very much interested in areas around this city that have a connection with Alexander the Great.
      I will be in Thessaloniki for four days-before heading up to FYROM for a few days.
      So far I have seen the option of going to Pella, Vergina and Aigai, and I wondered what were the best options to organise a visit to such places.

I am planning to spend a day and maybe a day and a half in Thessaloniki-the main reason for me going to Salokini is to visit areas connected to Alexander the Great.

Could somebody please tell me which of the areas I have mentioned are close to each other, or does some company organise a trip that covers all these areas in one day?
      Personally I would prefer to not rely too much on a fully guided tourist trip, I would prefer to be independent of a guided tour.

Could somebody please give me idea of how much a trip to the places I have mentioned cost-it's just that I am on some kind of budget, and would prefer to know how much money to put aside for these trips to the areas connected with Alexander the Great.
      Or are there any buses that go around these areas perhaps?

Thank you for reading this, and I look forward to hearing from you,

Regards S

4 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    • Transport from Macedonia Airport to Porto Palace Hotel

by sangshan Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Hi,
      I'm arriving at Thessaloniki airport on 4'th November at 6.00 pm. My question is what are the options of transport from airport to Hotel Porto Palace which is located in Port area?

2 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    • Day tour from Thessaloniki

by sangshan Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Hi,
      I'm coming to Thessaloniki from 5'th November to 8'Th November 2013. My husband is attending a conference there. Please suggest me places worth visit. I also want to know whether there are any conducted tours for nearby places,as I'll be travelling alone.
      Thanks

5 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM
    • sandot's Profile Photo

Getting around Greece

by sandot Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Hi
      I'm planning a trip to Greece. I've never been before, but am looking for a holiday full of culture, but with some relaxing! I've been told Thessaloniki is beautiful,and plan to stay there, but is it possible/easy to get to Ithaca from there? I'll be there for a week. And it Athens the best airport to fly into, and if so, how long would it take to get to Thessaloniki from there.
      Thanks to you who take the time to advise!

4 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    • information about bus hour

by Muhammadasim Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 2:23 AM

pls can i know bus hours from thessaloniki to halkidiki

2 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 4:09 AM