Thasos

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transport from Igoumenitsa to Preveza

Preveza 9 hours ago

Hi, I will be arriving to Igoumenitsa by ferry at the beginning of August in the evening at 9pm, can anyone point out to an effective way to get to Preveza in the same evening? Taxi or public transport. Any help is appreciated. Thx.

more
    • chrisdScotland's Profile Photo

St Paul's bay Church, Lindos

Rhodes (Island) Jul 15, 2016 at 4:04 AM

Is anyone planning to be around St Paul's bay in Lindos, Rhodes on the 20th of August? I have a relation getting married at the church there and would appreciate the odd candid photo or two. More info to anyone who think they might be in the area. Thanks.

more
    • Budget camping for single person

Prefecture of Chalkidiki Jun 29, 2016 at 3:56 AM

Hello. Ive been looking for a place to camp in sithonia but i am finding it difficult to find something reasonably priced. I have heard you can wild camp in this area but i'd rather support the local economy if i can get something within my budget. I looked at the armenitis campsite but when i filled out the dates on the booking form it came to €80 for a week just for a tent location (nothing else included). When i viewed the price breakdown it seemed like they had charged for two adults when i am just one! Anybody camped here alone for half this price? Or can any other budget campsites be recommended. I would like somewhere preferably quiet, scenic and not too touristic. Thanks :)

more
    • Paullogan29's Profile Photo

Markets on Thasos

Greece Jul 15, 2016 at 1:38 PM

Are they any markets on the Island of Thasos, i now there are in Kavarla

more
    • Far out Beach Club 8-12 Aug

Ios Jul 6, 2016 at 6:36 PM

anyone else travelling solo to Ios between those dates? :)

more
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Greek Cruise in the Fall

Greece Jul 11, 2016 at 1:54 PM

My sister is contemplating a Greek islands Cruise in the Fall. How are the waters then? I think I may have read in a Fodor's once, that the Aegean can be very rough then.

more
    • cpiers47's Profile Photo

Insider Beach Info

Corfu Island Jul 5, 2016 at 6:21 AM

Hello VTers,

I'm planning a trip to Corfu this month and seeking a must-see beach or two. We are staying in the north-west and want to avoid the most frequented places while still having access to an organized beach with chairs and umbrellas (or, if not, shade). As the lists online are extensive and we are only there a week, any recommendations of a place or two are welcome.

(On Crete, voulisma beach was perfect, in case that's a useful reference point.)

Looking forward to hearing people's favourites!

more
    • Q2: Paros in May

Paros Jul 4, 2016 at 10:51 AM

thinking of travelling to Paros for 7-10 days next may. Will be the last 4 or 5 days of May and then the same in June.

Will probably be Nouassa or maybe Pariaki. How busy will these towns be.....will it be a little empty that early in the season? Nouassa harbour looks like a lovely place to go for a meal for example but will we be the only ones there?

I guess the same applies for the respective shopping districts. Will they be open/will people be about. Ive been to places before that early and they have felt a little ghost towny.

Sorry if stupid questions!!

Thanks

more
    • Street market in Volos

Volos Jul 11, 2016 at 3:18 AM

We are going on our holliday in Kala Nera from 25.08-05.09.2016.
      We are interesting to visit street market in Volos to bay some clotes and other things for home, but cheep!
      The questions are:
      1. When and where are those markets in that time of year? We want to go at least two times.
      2. How to travel from Kala Nera? We do not drive a car and must go by bus.
      Thank you!

more
    • justbecks's Profile Photo

travelling off the beaten path, eating my way through Corfu & practical help

Kerkyra Jul 6, 2016 at 3:08 AM

hi,
      Have booked an impulsive trip to Corfu arriving tomorrow. I'd love some travel tips off the beaten track and not, getting around the island and travel must sees and eats? Also, any help with getting from the airport to my hotel advice would be appreciated. Does uber exist on the island? sorry if a daft qs.
      thanks guys!
      Rebecca

more
    • Q1: Gatwick to Paros

Paros Jul 4, 2016 at 10:47 AM

Whats the best way to get from London Gatwick to Paros. By best i mean quickest/most efficient and best value.

Is it plane to athens and then ferry to paros.....that seems the longest, what are the connections like.
      plane to mykonos/santorini then ferry to paros. any info on connections appreciated
      plane to athens and then plan to paros. any info on connections appreciated.

Thank you!!!!!

more
    • footstool's Profile Photo

Athens to Crete in October

Crete Island Jul 12, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Take hydrofoil or plane? Time and costs? Thank you.

more
    • First time to santorini - public bus transport

Santorini Island Jul 6, 2016 at 10:54 AM

Hi

Im going to santorini from 19-22 july and will be taking Aegean airlines, reaching about 6am. How do I take bus from airport to Megalochori?

How do we get around to different major villages from Megalochori?

Cheers!

more
    • Food and drink Prices in Skiathos

Skiathos Island Jun 28, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Hi
      I am looking at going to Skiathos on holiday and I was just wondering if anyone could help me with what the prices are like for food and drink?
      Thanks
      J x

more
    • 4 days to see the best of the island

Santorini Island Jul 14, 2016 at 4:06 PM

Hey guys!! I ll be in Santorini with 2 friends and we ll stay for 4 days. We wanna see the best and do things that are worth doing even if they are not mentioned in travel guides. For example what about watching the sunset frim a calmer place, with the view of the caldera but without the touristic mess and noise??
      What about the beaches? We ll be staying in Fira, so which ones are the most appropriate for us if we dont have a car there? Are there regukar buses?
      And of course I could really use every piece of advice and info about the island to avoid discomfort and to see and do beautiful things while we ll be there!!
      Thanks in advance!!!

more
    • Tours and tips

Athens Jul 11, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Hi all!

I'll be heading to Athens and Santorini in September, and I'm wondering:

What are the best tours that re easy on the wallet?

And

Are there any useful tips (such as sights to see, etc.) That u should know?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

more
    • xoxoxenophile's Profile Photo

Corinth + Nafplio possible as a daytrip from Athens?

Athens Jul 15, 2016 at 10:10 PM

I'm heading to Greece this November and starting to plan out our itinerary. We are thinking about 7 days Athens (+ some daytrips from Athens) and 4 days Santorini. Planned daytrips so far are Aegina, Corinth & Delphi. So far Aegina seems totally doable as a half-day, Delphi a little far but doable as a full-day, and Corinth a reasonable half-day. With a little Google Maps research, however, I see that Nafplio/Nafplion is only about another hour west of Corinth.

From what I've been reading, people suggest two days for Nafplio, but what I'm wondering is if it's possible to do a day trip to Corinth in the morning and Nafplio in the afternoon (or vice versa)? I don't really have set plans for what I want to do in Nafplio--just wander around and see the town and maybe the fortress. Is that doable? If so, what are my public transportation options between Corinth and Nafplio? How about hiring a car/taxi for the full day?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

more