change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• orchid49's Profile Photo

Duang Dong Market

Phu Quoc 12 hours ago

How far is the market from cruise port. I Will arrive by cruise ship and would like to walk around the city. How do we pronounce Cho which means market in Vietnamese.

more
    • Acupuncture/ TCM in Hanoi

Vietnam 23 hours ago

Who has a recommendation for a good acupuncture doctor and TCM doctor ?
      Thank you.

more
    • Cooking course in Hanoi

Vietnam 23 hours ago

Hi,
      who has a recommendation for an inexpensive cooking course (especially street food)) in Hanoi. Previously, with shopping on the market.

more
    • Nordvietnam in January

Vietnam Nov 12, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Hello, I would like to visit Vietnam in early January 2017 for 2 weeks and look for malarie-free areas. I would like to go to Hanoi, Halong Bay and 1 week beach holiday. In the north it should be only around 20 degrees in January. For the visit of Hanoi does not disturb. But for the beach holiday it should be warmer. The beaches north of Nha Trang are said to be malaria free. Who knows? thank you

more
    • sallam88's Profile Photo

Vietnamese SIM card

Vietnam Nov 19, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Hi guys,

I'll be in Vietnam for 18 days, travelling by land from the south (HCMC) up to the north (SaPa). I would like you to recommend me a mobile operator (SIM card) which offers a good coverage with low price. I'll only need it for light browsing and emergency calls.

Many thanks!
      Ibra

more
    • Accommodation in Hanoi

Vietnam Nov 17, 2016 at 10:12 AM

Hi, who has a recommendation for a cheap, clean place to stay in Hanoi? Which area is recommended if I like it quiet?
      Thanks

more

Sapa for 4 nights

Sapa Nov 25, 2016 at 4:21 AM

Hello,
      I'm planning to spend four nights in Sapa end of December. As I would love to go in daily trekking tours and would like to visit some villages around Sapa (please recommend me if you have visited any). Therefore my question is, should I book one accommodation for the all 4 nights (which means that I have to back to my accommodation at the end of the day) or is it better to spend a night in my first room and book other accommodations for the rest (which make my trekking tour as a one way tour!). Please also do advice me if you have tried any authentic and cheap homestay in Sapa or any village near to it.

I really do appreciate your huge help guys!

Best wishes,
      Ibrahim

more
    • Gifts, souvenirs for people in Vietnam

Vietnam Nov 29, 2016 at 12:19 PM

I am traveling to Vietnam during Xmas and New Year's holidays. I wanted to bring some gifts for some people who help me in organizing the trip through Vietnam. Also, some souvenirs for places we will be visiting, villages, schools, etc. Any suggestions of what would be a nice token of appreciation for people in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos?? Thank you!

more

Suggested itinerary for 18 days trip

Vietnam Nov 6, 2016 at 10:42 PM

I will be flying to HCM city on 19 Dec and flying out from Hanoi on 6 January. I would like to receive some suggested itineraries, based on your own experience. I'm basically interested in historical places, nature and temples.

more
    • TatyanaA's Profile Photo

3 weeks for 3 - from Saigon to Hanoi

Vietnam Nov 14, 2016 at 6:53 AM

Hi everybody,
      I'm planning my trip to Vietnam in April 2016. We'll be arriving to Saigon from Siem Riep, Very probably by plane.
      Still hesitating, because I want to go to Mekong delta for a couple of days. Meanwhile I consider as my best option - flying to Saigon and going from there. Still have in mind the other option - getting from Siem Riep through Pnom Pehn by river boats. This is one of the questions for you :)
      So here is our plan by days
      1. Arriving Saigon

2-3 Mekong delta - Is taking a tour the only possibility and what places exactly are the best (less touristic)?

4-5 Dalat. Probably flying there. But still the question is - is it worth long and rather expensive travel just to see what? a couple of waterfalls? What do you think?
      From Dalat we'll take a bus to Nya Thrang, night traing to Danang on our way to Hoi An, where I hope to spend a couple of days -

7-9 Hoi Ann
      10-11 Hue
      12-15 Dong Hoi - caves and 2days trek - one of our must sees!
      Last day we'll catch night train to Hanoi
      16 - Night train to Sapa
      17-20 Sapa and all possible hiking in the area.
      Last night I want to catch a bus to Halong Bay - I've heard there is a new highway and it's only 5 hrs now without entering Hanoi. Anybody heard about this new service?

21-23 Halong Bay - not sure if I have to book from home or wait till we get to Hanoi. As usual, I want the off-the bitten-track route - or as far from the busy tourist route as possible.
      24-25 Hanoi and going home!
      ---
      This is my plan and I'll be glad to hear any critic/remarks.
      We are hiking and moving-all-the-time, not too extreme, but definitely not soaking-on-the-beach type of family, no small kids, open to any suggestions.
      Thank you beforehand

more

Popular Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh Travel Answer Locations

• HelenR31's Profile Photo

Visa from Indian Embassy in HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 20, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Hi there, I'm a UK citizen and I had my passport and wallet stolen in HCMC. I've now got an emergency passport and am in the process of getting all the visas I need for my onward journey.

However I'm a bit confused... My flight back to the UK involves a one and a half hour stop over in Delhi to change planes. On the UK gov site it says that people travelling on an ETD ( emergency passport) need a visa and TWO ETD's - one to enter Delhi and one to leave Delhi. I'm having trouble finding out if this is true as I've had no reply to my emails and can't get through on the phone to the Indian Embassy. Can anyone help?

11 Answers Oct 21, 2016 at 10:58 AM
    • Which is good for travel - Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City?

Ho Chi Minh City Sep 13, 2016 at 10:56 AM

Hello to all. I am planning to travel to either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City. But I'm confused as to which of them. Can you help me, please? Which one does offer good travel experience - cultural, historical landmarks, city landscapes, prehistoric attractions if any, etc? I will travel in budget. Is one of them good for a budget traveler while the other one is expensive. If that is so, which one is budget traveler friendly? Can you recommend an area in that city where there are cheap accommodations similar to Jalan Gaya in Kota Kinabalu? Thank you so much in advance.

22 Answers Oct 2, 2016 at 3:36 AM
    • KomalA's Profile Photo

Vietnam- Short trip

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 5, 2016 at 1:08 AM

Hello!
      I'm going for a 3 days tour to Vietnam, please suggest places to visit and what is the easy n cheap way to travel from Ho chi min to Hanoi?

Thanks.

14 Answers Oct 2, 2016 at 4:08 AM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

which Mekong Delta tour

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 23, 2016 at 3:43 AM

it seems there are different types of Mekong Delta tours from HCMC. From what I understand it is better to book localy but what are my options (as I need to book accomodation in HCMC now)?
      1)ok we will avoid simple day trip as you dont see much, so should we be away for 1 or 2 nights?
      2)do all the tours follow the same route?
      3)is it true that some end up to PHNOM PENH? they dont take you back to HCMC? (2 days later we fly out of HCMC returning home so we prefer to return in HCMC and relax for these last 2 days)

22 Answers Jul 8, 2016 at 9:12 PM
    • Visting Vietnam soon some advice please?

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 1, 2016 at 6:30 PM

Just after a few tips as I am going to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.

1. Safety/Theft, is it better to keep your Money and Phone etc in your backpack rather than your pocket? Do you think I will be safe wearing a watch or should I not bother?

2. Do the restaurants usually have English translations in the menus?

3. if visiting any spiritual temples etc are you required to cover up or will wearing a t- shirt be enough?

4. What are the chances of seeing any insects Spiders or Tarantulas in the cities and hotels?

I am going in mid March with a tour company but would like some information before I go, so any is apreciated.

9 Answers Jul 8, 2016 at 9:22 PM
    • anyone experienced hcmc ?

Ho Chi Minh City Feb 17, 2016 at 4:01 AM

hi.
      i am planning on spending february 2017 in hcmc,
      i am a keen photographer street,wildlife architecture and landscapes.
      all advice appreciated,i have researched the internet but would like to hear from anyone who has had the experience.
      thanks in advance.
      clint.

21 Answers Mar 21, 2016 at 5:51 PM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Recommendation for dinner near the Starlight Bridge

Ho Chi Minh City Nov 8, 2015 at 12:44 AM

Hi!

Any recommendation for where to go for dinner after seeing the Starlight Bridge? I was told the water show is only between 6 to 8pm.. Coming from District 1, it’s good if we can combine the bridge with dinner nearby..

Tq,
      Mel

10 Answers Jan 7, 2016 at 10:27 PM
    • happpymike's Profile Photo

Tourist traps and the weather!

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 30, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Hi There!
      Any comments on tourist traps in HCMC, will be highly appreciated!
      Also, is it any thing about the weather in HCMC, during Dec., that
      it needs to be noticed?
      Thanks in advance,
      Mike

5 Answers Nov 12, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Where to buy Made in Vietnam, peoducts!?

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 26, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Hi There,
      I will be in HCMC, during 1st week of Dec. 2015!
      Any information about where to purchase Made in
      Vietnam sport wears, in HCMC, will be highly appreciated!
      TKS in advance,
      Mike

5 Answers Nov 2, 2015 at 11:29 PM
    • 2D/1N mekong cruise

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 21, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Hi
      Looking for a private sampan for 2D/1N on the mekong. Mango cruises looks good on TripAdvisor, but they are sold out. Any good alternatives out there?
      Thanks
      V

5 Answers Oct 22, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Where to stay in HCMC?

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 18, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Hi There!
      I am planing to make a short visit of HCMC, during 1st week of Dec.2015!
      May I receive some comments on which Street or Ave., or Distr. to stay to
      be close enough(I mean by walk and safe) to entertainment place, at night.
      We can manage ourselves to visit the city at day, But the night is another
      story for us!
      By the way, What are the most entertainment /Nightlife places in HCMC?
      TKS in advance.
      Mike

7 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 6:56 AM
    • skyeman887's Profile Photo

What to see and do - Top Tips

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 16, 2015 at 2:47 PM

I'll be arriving in the city on Sunday (18 Oct 15) for 3 days, apart from the tunnels what/where are the best places to visit?

5 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 7:00 AM
    • food safety

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 16, 2015 at 6:11 AM

I am traveling with a tour group to Vietnam next month. I want to try all the food and drink but don't want to spend my vacation sick. Any tips? Also, what to bring for clothes? Will be visiting saigon, hanoi, and hoi an.

10 Answers May 29, 2016 at 8:50 AM
    • worksopian's Profile Photo

152 Bus Thanh Market to the airport

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 16, 2015 at 1:41 AM

Does the 152 bus operate from the market back to the airport.Where can I find it?

What times does it go?

Thanks
      Ian

4 Answers Oct 18, 2015 at 1:28 PM
    • MellySmelly's Profile Photo

Shuttle Bus/Coach Services

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 5, 2015 at 6:55 AM

Are there any shuttle buses from the Ho Chi Minh City Airport to take us to Can Tho in Vietnam.

1 Answer Oct 5, 2015 at 7:45 AM
    • MellySmelly's Profile Photo

shutle buses

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 5, 2015 at 6:52 AM

shuttle buses from Ho Chi Minh City Airport to center of town

9 Answers Oct 5, 2015 at 12:31 PM
    • Best local Restaurants

Ho Chi Minh City Sep 9, 2015 at 6:45 AM

What are the best local restaurants in District 1? Looking for great food and service away from the tourist traps.

7 Answers May 29, 2016 at 8:58 AM

Airport transportation

Ho Chi Minh City Aug 19, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Is bus no 152 a decent option for getting from the international airport to downtown?How long does it take?Is it crowded?Does it wait before it is full? Is their a timetable?
      Thanks Ian

9 Answers May 29, 2016 at 9:58 AM

Train travel in Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Aug 18, 2015 at 8:00 AM

I intend travelling from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang(and onwards to Da Nang) in November.
      I dont like the idea of prebooking and collecting in Vietnam.Is it easy to book tickets in Vietnam and collect when buying.
      Train appears to be a better option than the bus?

12 Answers Aug 18, 2015 at 11:24 PM
    • hydrofoil from saigon to vung tau..

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 14, 2015 at 2:19 AM

1. Is the hydrofoil operating between saigon to vung tau..?

2. Is there a regular bus from vung tau to mui ne/phan thiet?

3. Is there a regular bus from mui ne/phan thiet to nha trang?

Any details appreciated. Thank you!

4 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 4:49 AM
    • USD-VND CONERSION IN HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 13, 2015 at 5:16 AM

Jul 13, 2015: Rate on internet shows 1$=21800vnd. what is the going rate on the street in saigon? can you recommend a "good" moneychanger?

5 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 9:53 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Regarding Jetstar Pacific Airlines' Inflight Magazine

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 4, 2015 at 3:22 PM

Hi, Vietnam VT,

Has anyone flown with Jetstar Pacific lately in 2015? If yes, are there now hardcopies of Jetstar Magazine published and printed in Vietnam? Last year, I flew two times three times with the airline in November and December 2014. I could not find Jetstar Magazine.

Please help me as i wish to collect Jetstar Magazine printed in Vietnam from Jetstar Pacific.

1 Answer Jul 14, 2015 at 1:58 AM
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Philippine peso to USD to dong

Ho Chi Minh City Jun 16, 2015 at 3:06 AM

hello! I will be arriving on the 22nd of June at 12:20 AM and I don't think money changers at the airport are still open that time? My question is should I exchange MOST of my PH peso here in the Philippines to USD and exchange USD to dong when I arrive in VN? I have no visa/mastercard so I won't be able to withdraw money using ATMs and I need dong for the taxi fare. I still have to check if PH money changers can exchange peso/usd to dong. Hope my question is clear > Thank you!

15 Answers May 29, 2016 at 9:08 AM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

bus travel from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh

Ho Chi Minh City Jun 14, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Hi all
      Advice please on travel from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh. We do not want to fly if at all possible and ideally we would not like to go via Phnom Penh.
      questions are..... Is it possible on bus / coach.......... how long would it take......... and the cost
      many thanks
      POEPAT

4 Answers Jun 17, 2015 at 5:36 PM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

First time in Ho Chi Minh

Ho Chi Minh City Jun 1, 2015 at 1:49 PM

Hi all,
      We will be travelling to Vietnam for the first time during February 2016. We fly into Ho Chi Minh from Siem Reap, before moving onto Phu Quoc. We are considering about four days in HCMC. We enjoy Eco, history, eating and drinking and generally roaming aimlessly....
      So here are the questions
      What to see / do in HCMC, is four days enough time
      Which are the best areas of the delta to see to experience Vietnamese lifestyle and is it worth spending a few days in this area.
      Best and most interesting way to Phu Quoc
      Many thanks in anticipation
      POEPAT

6 Answers Jul 3, 2015 at 1:17 PM
    • Smaney5's Profile Photo

Vietnam visa help

Ho Chi Minh City May 16, 2015 at 8:55 PM

Hello! I would like to travel to Vietnam, and am currently in Thailand, leaving for Laos very soon. I'm a U.S. Citizen and was wondering how long it takes to get a visa, not a visa approval, but the visa itself. The only reason can't do a VOA is because I would like to travel over the border instead of flying into Vietnam. My 3 basic questions are, how long does the visa take to get, what's the process, and how much does it cost compared to a VOA? Tia!

6 Answers May 19, 2015 at 5:22 AM
    • DrunkenTraveller's Profile Photo

planning my itenerary

Ho Chi Minh City May 5, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Ok, so I have 10 nights totall for the whole of vietnam. How long do I need in ho chi minh city? I like to visit the historic sites, eat and drink from super places and relax as well. And whats the most central area in ho chi minh? Thank u!

13 Answers May 23, 2015 at 11:05 PM
    • notre dame cathedral

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 21, 2015 at 1:39 AM

what are the mass service times on saturday and sunday

2 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 2:39 AM
    • AlifArchi's Profile Photo

Ho Chi Minh City on a budget.

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 15, 2015 at 2:40 AM

I'm visiting HCM on 20/4/15 - 25/4/15. Any suggestion on what to do without spending a lot of money(me and my friends are on a tight budget). I'll be staying near Ben Thanh Market. Thank you in advance.. :)

8 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 7:27 PM
    • AlifArchi's Profile Photo

Any theme park in HCM??

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 1, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Is there any theme park with thrill rides and if they do, what is the fees?

5 Answers Apr 2, 2015 at 2:11 AM