change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vegetarian Food options & Logistics

Krabi Nov 11, 2016 at 1:40 AM

Hi All,

I am visiting krabi for the first time with my wife in December. I had a few questions regarding food and local travel.We will be staying at a hotel at tubkaek.

1) Bus, Taxi options which would be more convenient from tubakaek to ao nang/krabi town. We would also like to know if bus/taxi for return journey from ao nang to tubkaek would be available even late at night?

2) Can I hire scooter for local travel and would i need an international drivers license for the same(traveling from India)

3) Vegetarian food options in krabi town and ao nang including street food.

4) Apart from 4 island tour and railay beach any other must visit places?

Cheers!!

more
    • Package Transfer Phuket Airport +Ferry Phi Phi + Transfer to Karon

Phuket Nov 23, 2016 at 4:11 AM

We will arrive at Phuket Airport at 8:10 a.m. We will need a transfer to go from the airport to Rassada Pier + ferry tickets to Phi Phi tound trip + transfer the following day from Rassada Pier to Karon.
      We have seen the prices at http://www.phuketferry.com/ but it can be risky to take them on-line in advance because if the flight is delayed.... so is it easy to find any agency at the airport to contract this package? and it can be more expensive taking everything at the airport or is better buying the tickets separately? What would you recommend us?
      Thanks.

more
    • In need of Trainers

Ko Tao Nov 18, 2016 at 10:55 PM

If anyone knows where I can buy some trainers I would love to hear where.
      Thanks

more
    • Snorkeling

Thailand Nov 8, 2016 at 10:09 AM

Hi im staying at the Regent Beach hotel Cha am in january and love snorkeling but have read the water is very murky there and the only good snorkeling is to take a trip to one of the islands 3 hours away is there no where nearer as i don't one to take trips every other day thanks.

more
    • What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets

Thailand Nov 14, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Is there anybody who had issues with the Turkish airline and their services?
      On the 5th of August. I and my wife purchased Turkish airline flight tickets via Expedia to travel from Bangkok to Istanbul and then to Tel Aviv to return on the 15th of August from Tel Aviv to Istanbul then Bangkok
      We missed the first flight from Bangkok to Istanbul and I received a message from Expedia that Turkish airline canceled all of my 8 tickets, including tickets for the 15th of August.
      Then I and my wife purchased a new ticket on the Turkish airline website on the 6th of August to the same destination (Bangkok to Istanbul and then to Tel Aviv) in order to return on the 15th of August from Tel Aviv to Istanbul and then to Bangkok, with a total of 8 tickets.
      We used the tickets to fly from Bangkok to Istanbul but personal urgent circumstances forced on us in Istanbul airport to buy returning tickets from Istanbul to Bangkok.
      So we used only 2 tickets this time, we didn't use the remaining 6 tickets, out of the 16 tickets purchased from Turkish airline I only used two.
      to Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets. The First time I received an unintelligible reply and the second time, which is one month I wrote ago, I sent Turkish airline another message but until now I didn't receive any message.
      I wrote also to Expedia,you notice it,but this is the next story....
      So how do you think I can resolve this issue?... Any advice?

more
    • Where is this market place?

Bangkok Nov 6, 2016 at 2:51 AM

I am looking for the location of a food market in or near Bangkok that is set up on a railway track & when the train comes the vendors just move their wares out of the way while it passes.
      Thankyou.

more
    • superpug's Profile Photo

Help with Bangkok itinerary

Thailand Nov 21, 2016 at 3:04 AM

I'm travelling to Thailand in March and have a bit of spare time in Bangkok. I'm already planning a day trip to Ayutthaya, is there a similar trip that can be done in a day? Would it be worth flying to Chiang Mai just for two nights? Any advice would be really appreciated!

more
    • Package Transfer Phuket Airport +Ferry Phi Phi + Transfer to Karon

Phuket Nov 23, 2016 at 4:11 AM

We will arrive at Phuket Airport at 8:10 a.m. We will need a transfer to go from the airport to Rassada Pier + ferry tickets to Phi Phi tound trip + transfer the following day from Rassada Pier to Karon.
      We have seen the prices at http://www.phuketferry.com/ but it can be risky to take them on-line in advance because if the flight is delayed.... so is it easy to find any agency at the airport to contract this package? and it can be more expensive taking everything at the airport or is better buying the tickets separately? What would you recommend us?
      Thanks.

3 Answers Nov 25, 2016 at 4:14 AM
    • superpug's Profile Photo

Help with Bangkok itinerary

Thailand Nov 21, 2016 at 3:04 AM

I'm travelling to Thailand in March and have a bit of spare time in Bangkok. I'm already planning a day trip to Ayutthaya, is there a similar trip that can be done in a day? Would it be worth flying to Chiang Mai just for two nights? Any advice would be really appreciated!

12 Answers Nov 28, 2016 at 12:47 AM
    • In need of Trainers

Ko Tao Nov 18, 2016 at 10:55 PM

If anyone knows where I can buy some trainers I would love to hear where.
      Thanks

5 Answers Nov 20, 2016 at 5:08 AM
    • What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets

Thailand Nov 14, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Is there anybody who had issues with the Turkish airline and their services?
      On the 5th of August. I and my wife purchased Turkish airline flight tickets via Expedia to travel from Bangkok to Istanbul and then to Tel Aviv to return on the 15th of August from Tel Aviv to Istanbul then Bangkok
      We missed the first flight from Bangkok to Istanbul and I received a message from Expedia that Turkish airline canceled all of my 8 tickets, including tickets for the 15th of August.
      Then I and my wife purchased a new ticket on the Turkish airline website on the 6th of August to the same destination (Bangkok to Istanbul and then to Tel Aviv) in order to return on the 15th of August from Tel Aviv to Istanbul and then to Bangkok, with a total of 8 tickets.
      We used the tickets to fly from Bangkok to Istanbul but personal urgent circumstances forced on us in Istanbul airport to buy returning tickets from Istanbul to Bangkok.
      So we used only 2 tickets this time, we didn't use the remaining 6 tickets, out of the 16 tickets purchased from Turkish airline I only used two.
      to Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets. The First time I received an unintelligible reply and the second time, which is one month I wrote ago, I sent Turkish airline another message but until now I didn't receive any message.
      I wrote also to Expedia,you notice it,but this is the next story....
      So how do you think I can resolve this issue?... Any advice?

7 Answers Nov 15, 2016 at 6:44 AM
    • Vegetarian Food options & Logistics

Krabi Nov 11, 2016 at 1:40 AM

Hi All,

I am visiting krabi for the first time with my wife in December. I had a few questions regarding food and local travel.We will be staying at a hotel at tubkaek.

1) Bus, Taxi options which would be more convenient from tubakaek to ao nang/krabi town. We would also like to know if bus/taxi for return journey from ao nang to tubkaek would be available even late at night?

2) Can I hire scooter for local travel and would i need an international drivers license for the same(traveling from India)

3) Vegetarian food options in krabi town and ao nang including street food.

4) Apart from 4 island tour and railay beach any other must visit places?

Cheers!!

3 Answers Nov 11, 2016 at 12:49 PM
    • Snorkeling

Thailand Nov 8, 2016 at 10:09 AM

Hi im staying at the Regent Beach hotel Cha am in january and love snorkeling but have read the water is very murky there and the only good snorkeling is to take a trip to one of the islands 3 hours away is there no where nearer as i don't one to take trips every other day thanks.

4 Answers Nov 8, 2016 at 11:08 AM
    • Where is this market place?

Bangkok Nov 6, 2016 at 2:51 AM

I am looking for the location of a food market in or near Bangkok that is set up on a railway track & when the train comes the vendors just move their wares out of the way while it passes.
      Thankyou.

10 Answers Dec 3, 2016 at 12:46 AM
    • verno1980's Profile Photo

HGH in patong

Phuket Nov 2, 2016 at 12:51 AM

Hello,

has anyone purchased HGH in Patong and if so what Pharmacy was it as i understand there is some fake gear out there, it is legal there and here in the UK so asking this should be fine.

Regards

Steve

6 Answers Nov 2, 2016 at 9:09 PM
    • meash's Profile Photo

December 25th and 26th only to explore!

Bangkok Oct 31, 2016 at 10:06 AM

I arrive in Bangkok late Christmas Eve, and have to organise a flight to reach my next destination- Koh Samui, on the 27th. Not much time in Bangkok. What would you suggest I do to maximise my Bangkok opportunities? I will be staying in Lumpini.
      All advice much appreciated!

Off to attempt to book my internal flight now! X

8 Answers Nov 8, 2016 at 6:57 AM
    • Best area to stay?

Ko Samui Oct 26, 2016 at 12:35 PM

We will be there from Feb. 18 - Feb. 28. Online, I have read that there are a number of beaches, areas, etc. We'd like to be on a nice beach, staying at a 5 star hotel, which seem to start about US$200/night. Since we do not intend to have a car, location and convenience to restaurants, shopping, etc. is important. We want to avoid tacky areas. Online, the comments from one person say that beach #1 is the best, then the next person commenting says it is terrible, and so on. How do we figure out the best place to stay?

Carl

5 Answers Nov 9, 2016 at 11:45 AM
    • melly1234's Profile Photo

I urgently need a jewellers in Bangkok that can cut my ring off as my finger is swollen

Bangkok Oct 20, 2016 at 10:43 AM

Has anyone got any suggestions please on where I should go? Thanks

14 Answers Dec 3, 2016 at 12:45 AM
    • Weather in Koh lipe now

Satun Oct 17, 2016 at 1:09 AM

Hi, am travelling to Koh lipe this coming Friday 21 Oct 2016.

We had book all the speed boat and accommodation there

Just checking in the weather there now as I see is still raining season there and high tide at peneng.

May I know will this affect the travel and how bad it can be? Normally will the rain last long?

11 Answers Oct 17, 2016 at 9:15 PM
    • Are there more backpackers in Sukhumvit area or Khao san? Any bar crawls Bangkok?

Bangkok Oct 13, 2016 at 2:03 AM

Hi guys,

I've booked a flight to Bangkok mid Jan 2017 to start a 3 month long trip to SE Asia visiting Thailand, Cambodia and Laos.

It's my first time backpacking and I am travelling alone. I have been searching the internet for Facebook groups and forums where I can meet other backpackers to chat with before I leave. What is the best way to meet other backpackers in Bangkok? I can't really afford a planned tour with the big companies and would prefer my freedom. What are the best bars / hostels to meet other backpackers in Bangkok who are solo? Are there more backpackers in Sukhumvit area or Khao san? Is there any bar crawls I go on to get chatting to people? I've came across a website introbackpacking.com which offers inductions in Bangkok but to meet people on the go..

Thank in advance for any help :-))
      Adam

10 Answers Nov 22, 2016 at 9:45 PM
    • Krabi on july

Krabi Oct 1, 2016 at 1:30 PM

How is the weather in krabi during this period of the year and it's better to give up and chose samui or phangan instead?I heard heavy rain in summer time in krabi
      Thx

4 Answers Nov 22, 2016 at 9:56 PM
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

SHORT TERM RENTAL NEAR WAT PHO LOCATION

Bangkok Sep 30, 2016 at 9:33 AM

Hello, we just posted an enquiry on VT, as we are in search for two and a half month apartment/condominium "STUDIO TYPE" with small kitchenette, something to do simple cooking.
      we will need the apt. or condominium from December 25, 2016 until about last week of February 2016. We will be taking intensive Thai Classes at Wat Pho.

Thank you and hope someone out there can give us great lead how to find economical yet decent place to rent.

Thank You!!

3 Answers Oct 2, 2016 at 8:06 AM
    • PyaeSone's Profile Photo

Asking for contacts

Bangkok Sep 25, 2016 at 10:48 PM

What's the contacts for 'Thai Noodles and Food' restaurants at Sunarnabhumi Aitport?
      Many Thanks
      Pyae Sone

4 Answers Nov 8, 2016 at 6:58 AM
    • jkb1's Profile Photo

Alcazar Show

Pattaya Sep 25, 2016 at 9:07 AM

what is the best timing of Alcazar show?

3 Answers Sep 25, 2016 at 6:33 PM
    • jkb1's Profile Photo

Alcazar Show

Pattaya Sep 25, 2016 at 9:02 AM

what is the best timing of Alcazar show?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2016 at 10:08 AM
    • whodunit's Profile Photo

6-days to play

Bangkok Sep 25, 2016 at 5:11 AM

We're a ~40-ish couple, I've traveled a lot around the globe. I've never been outside of the airport in Thailand. We have 6 full days in Bangkok (maybe 5 1/2 since we arrive very late and need some rest after 3 flights from US). I've checked many of the major travel sites (TA, LP, T&L, VisitThailand, etc), the forums here, the itinerary page here, etc. I've found a few recommended must-do's: Ayutthya, Chatuchak Weekend Market, Grand Palace, reclining Buddha/Wat Pho, floating market, Chinatown, Patpong or Suan Luum Night Bazar, and we want to do a 1/2 day cooking school (I see a lot of recommendations on this too). Now it's time to start to put it all together - an itinerary with places to stay, transportation, etc. I want to come up with a general itinerary (even restaurants though we will work with HappyCow on this as we'll both be eating vegetarian). I saw "HOT! HOT! HOT! This was BANGKOK!" - Bangkok by balhannah and I'm even more inspired to plan this better than my previous trips to other places. The trip is about 10 days away (I booked just a few days ago). We love to have local experiences when/where possible rather than just tourist stuff but I realize our time is short in Bangkok. Our trip is in early October so I believe it's not bad as far as weather is concerned.

First, from the airport, do you recommend taxi, Uber, train?
      Next, what parts of the city should I look at for hotels? I will figure out the hotel from there as my searching is complex with various variables. However, I welcome recommendations.
      Is tuk tuk/train the best way to travel around the city?
      Day 1 (Thursday) should be something light and easy since we arrive at midnight the night before.
      Day 2 (Friday) - Buddha?
      Day 3 (Saturday) - weekend market?
      Day 4 (Sunday) - other weekend market (floating?)
      Day 5 (Monday) - cooking class +
      Day 6 (Tuesday) -
      Day 7 - go home :( ...to airport via Uber?

I know there's a lot here. I welcome any and all thoughts including a single tip all the way through suggested itineraries. I'm grateful for your time - thank you.

11 Answers Yesterday
    • 2016 dec-jan krabi stay

Thailand Sep 23, 2016 at 7:18 AM

Does anyone no any good cheap hotel in ao nang high season want to stay there 28th dec till 4th jan then try somewhere else 4 another week or so then back 2 krabi 4 flight home 17th jan would appreciate any emails of hotels

2 Answers Sep 24, 2016 at 10:52 PM
    • Good cheap hotels

Ban Ao Nang Sep 23, 2016 at 6:51 AM

Any good hotels dec 28th to 5th jan

4 Answers Sep 23, 2016 at 6:18 PM
    • 5th December festivity in Bangkok - Open?

Bangkok Sep 22, 2016 at 8:22 AM

Good evening,
      We are visiting Bangkok on 5th December that seems to be a festivity day in Bangkok. It would be our first time so we ara a bit lose. We are going to stay there only 3 days so could anybody tell us if temples and shopping centers are open on 5th December? If not, perhaps we have to change our planning bacause only 2 days....
      Thank you. Best regards.

11 Answers 18 hours ago
    • FridgeMagnet's Profile Photo

Advance Train Ticket Purchase

Thailand Sep 21, 2016 at 7:21 AM

Do I need to book train tickets in advance for November? I intend getting the train from Bangkok to Surat Thani and then back to Bangkok again about 10 days later,

4 Answers Sep 23, 2016 at 7:17 AM
    • planning a trip to Thiland with my wife

Bangkok Sep 17, 2016 at 11:13 PM

We are into a trip to Bangkok , Pattaya as couple in late fourties into spicing up in life style .would like to know like wise couples .or the right bars clubs for couples with no restrictions . Any one to give us some advise.

4 Answers Oct 5, 2016 at 7:22 PM
    • 60 Day Tourist Visa Question

Thailand Sep 16, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Hi, I am flying into Bangkok, then flying out of Bangkok 3 1/2 months afterward. My plan is to travel in Thailand for 60 days, then travel to Cambodia, Laos, and maybe Myamar for the rest of the time before returning to Bangkok to catch my flight home. I am a US Citizen

So . . . I might have to criss-cross Thailand to get to these different countries after the 60 day visa is expired. I know I can extend that visa for 30 days so that takes care of 3 months, but when I return to Thailand for another country to get my flight can I get some kind of visa at the border to stay for a few days to catch my flight?

4 Answers Sep 19, 2016 at 4:12 AM
    • bulldogtwo's Profile Photo

Fishing Northern Thialand

Northern Thailand Sep 14, 2016 at 3:33 PM

Not interested in fishing the fish farms and stocked ponds,but the reservoirs and lakes and rivers. If anyone has fished here please let me know all of the particulars. What are you fishing with,catching, location, shore or renting a boat, baits, etc. Avid fisherman here,I know there are fish in these places, taking my pole this trip and hoping to explore a bit. I will be allover the north and west mostly, not as much the north east and east. Unless I hear there is super fishing!
      Thanks
      Travel smart, travel a lot! And fish!

2 Answers Sep 16, 2016 at 9:49 AM
    • Driver recommendation

Phuket Sep 14, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Any recommendation for a good driver. We are bring a 18 month old and hence would like to use ssomeone reliable.
      I tried to touch base with some drivers recommended in this forum. But the posts are old and I did not receive any response from the few I sent

2 Answers Sep 15, 2016 at 6:54 AM
    • Collect luggage - Visa required?

Bangkok Sep 13, 2016 at 12:27 PM

I will be travelling from Manila to Bangkok and at Bangkok Suvarnabhoomi airport, I need to take Qatar Airways to go to Bahrain. How can I collect my luggage and re-check-in. Do I need a visa and do I need to pay any tax.

6 Answers Sep 13, 2016 at 6:29 PM
    • siti_aminah's Profile Photo

Hat Yai, share your experience

Hat Yai Sep 12, 2016 at 6:52 AM

Hi, has anyone been to Hat Yai recently? Would you like to share your experience?

3 Answers Sep 17, 2016 at 6:10 AM
    • suraj57's Profile Photo

Where's the famous beach in Thailand?

Thailand Sep 12, 2016 at 3:06 AM

Hello, I'm just wondering where's the best beach in Thailand that is nice to visit.

Thanks.

7 Answers Sep 16, 2016 at 9:12 AM