Travel Answers
Tena

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What is the best way to access Montecristi in Manabi at the moment after the earthquakes?

Ecuador Yesterday

I am from Australia and need to plan a trip to Montecristi in Manabi province in order to provide relief aid. What would be the best way to get there? Thank you

more
    • Quito to Cuenca

Quito Jul 28, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Would like to go by bus in 1 direction but have read horror stories about dangers, cleanliness of bathrooms or lack thereof, no break stops on a 10 hour trip, etc. The picture has not been pretty but this info may be old. I am not a 1st class flyer but do need certain comforts. Can someone update me on this means of travel.....which bus line is the best, etc. I value the responses I have received in the past so look forward to any info one can provide. Thanks!

more
    • legoanakin's Profile Photo

Getting to Laguna Quilotoa and accommodation

Laguna Quilotoa Aug 9, 2016 at 3:38 PM

Hi,

I will soon be going to Quito and would like to visit Laguna Quilotoa. From the research i've done I think I want to avoid a day trip from Quito because of the travel time leaving not so much time at the Laguna.

Is it possible to reach by bus or should I hire a car in Quito?

If hiring a car does it need to be a 4x4 and any idea of how much it costs to hire for 2 days?

Is there plenty of accommodation at the Laguna?

Thanks in advance for any help!

more
    • Flying to Tena

by NSTrailRunner Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I had researched options to travel to Tena and didn't find any info about flying, including asking an agent in Quito, but I just saw flights available on the Tame Airlines booking website. Quito to Tena (Jumandy Airport). Can you tell me where the airport is that they land at? It looks like it is near Misahualli, but not sure? Also, should I trust booking on the Tame website, as it now takes credit card payment by foreign credit cards? Gracias

4 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Mosquitoes ??

by easterntrekker Online Now Oct 16, 2005 at 7:25 PM

Hi we leave next week for Le Selva lodge...I'm just wondering if we should bring mosquito nets or are the rooms mosquito proofed enough?

Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Oct 18, 2005 at 2:49 PM
    • artichokeforest's Profile Photo

anyone been to Tena?

by artichokeforest Online Now Feb 7, 2005 at 2:46 PM

Hello, I am plannign to got to Tena, in Napo province, Ecuador. I was just wondering if anyone has been there or knows any info about this place. I am interested in checkign out indigenous communities and rainforest life in general. Would be great to get any feedback if possible. good things? bad things? any recomendations? thanks in advance

4 Answers Apr 8, 2011 at 8:04 AM